Denmark bans ritual slaughter, upsetting Jews and Muslims


Tonington
#1
Denmark is now the sixth European nation to ban ritual slaughter. Muslims and Jews seem most upset that they weren't in discussion with the government before this ban was announced.

Denmark Just Banned All Kosher And Halal Meats, Leaving Jews And Muslims Outraged | Elite Daily
 
Liberalman
#2
Ritual slaughter or traditional slaughter it's still killing but it just shows that animal rights activists are really a mixed up bunch like most animal rights activists are pro abortionists. This means Fluffy's rights are more important than baby Jane's rights.
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+4
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

Ritual slaughter or traditional slaughter it's still killing but it just shows that animal rights activists are really a mixed up bunch like most animal rights activists are pro abortionists. This means Fluffy's rights are more important than baby Jane's rights.

You are an idiot.
 
Liberalman
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

You are an idiot.

A lot of tax dollars go into killing babies I am surprised that you support the wasting of hard earned money
 
Tonington
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

You are an idiot.

Lol, blunt, like a good stunning blow!
 
Machjo
+2
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Denmark is now the sixth European nation to ban ritual slaughter. Muslims and Jews seem most upset that they weren't in discussion with the government before this ban was announced.

Denmark Just Banned All Kosher And Halal Meats, Leaving Jews And Muslims Outraged | Elite Daily

Nothing would be stopping them to go vegetarian.

What's ironic though is that slaughter by exsanguination is sometimes less painful to the animal than other methods, so clearly this has nothing to do with any kind of consideration for the animal. If I ate meat and wanted to reduce the suffering of the animal, I'd rather eat halal.
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

A lot of tax dollars go into killing babies I am surprised that you support the wasting of hard earned money

lot more go into raising an unwanted and neglected child.
What has abortion got to do with the OP? Or are you trying to derail the thread from the start?
 
Tonington
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Nothing would be stopping them to go vegetarian.

What's ironic though is that slaughter by exsanguination is sometimes less painful to the animal than other methods, so clearly this has nothing to do with any kind of consideration for the animal. If I ate meat and wanted to reduce the suffering of the animal, I'd rather eat halal.

The issue is with exsanguinating before or after the animal is stunned.
 
Liberalman
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

lot more go into raising an unwanted and neglected child.
What has abortion got to do with the OP? Or are you trying to derail the thread from the start?

I just responded to your comment Taxslave and this has to do with slaughter of animals both human and other types
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#10
Bet this is off to the EU Courts. Which will overturn the laws.
 
Liberalman
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Bet this is off to the EU Courts. Which will overturn the laws.

If they do that the EU might crumble just because this is a domestic issue
 
Tonington
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Bet this is off to the EU Courts. Which will overturn the laws.

It's been the law in Sweden, since 1937. Poland did so last year, and the Constitutional Court threw out an amendment which would have allowed the Jewish and Muslim communities to do so under religious freedoms.
 
Machjo
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

The issue is with exsanguinating before or after the animal is stunned.

Why would anyone stun it after exsanguination. It would already be dead.

Now as for stunning it before hand, why would you want to do that when stunning can cause more trauma than exsanguination.

I'm not denying that the animal likely suffers at least in some cases through exsanguination, but stunning only increases the chance of trauma.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Why would anyone stun it after exsanguination. It would already be dead.

Now as for stunning it before hand, why would you want to do that when stunning can cause more trauma than exsanguination.

I'm not denying that the animal likely suffers at least in some cases through exsanguination, but stunning only increases the chance of trauma.

no they slit it's throat first and then they stun it, it is still alive at that point
 
Machjo
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

no they slit it's throat first and then they stun it, it is still alive at that point

Slitting its throat is exsanguination. It loses consiousness pretty quickly, so what's the point of stunning if it's already unconscious?
 
Tonington
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Why would anyone stun it after exsanguination. It would already be dead.

'Exsanguinating' is what I said. It's a process. You can certainly stun an animal once you've severed an artery that is going to cause them to bleed to death. That's really what this whole ordeal is about. Ritual killing doesn't allow it before exsanguination, well at least the Halal version doesn't. Not sure about Kosher.

Quote:

Now as for stunning it before hand, why would you want to do that when stunning can cause more trauma than exsanguination.

The trauma is kind of the point, exsanguination is trauma too. If you stun an animal properly with percussive stunning, then it is unresponsive. There is no nociception-the pain processing pathways- when the brain can't process signals. If you start to bleed an animal while it is still conscious, then it will sense the trauma of bleeding to death....from a humane standpoint there is no better method than to stun quickly and efficiently before doing anything else.

Quote:

I'm not denying that the animal likely suffers at least in some cases through exsanguination, but stunning only increases the chance of trauma.

Trauma is just a physical injury caused by something external. Exsanguination is trauma. Anything you do to kill an animal will involve trauma. Trauma is not the issue, the issue is the animals awareness and processing of physical stimuli related to what is going on. Stunning before bleeding is far more humane.
 
MHz
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

A lot of tax dollars go into killing babies I am surprised that you support the wasting of hard earned money

Is that compared to the tons of money that would be spent treating (and is spent on children who were supposed to be loved) a child that grew up in a home where he was not totally loved?
 
gerryh
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Is that compared to the tons of money that would be spent treating (and is spent on children who were supposed to be loved) a child that grew up in a home where he was not totally loved?


So, you support abortion?
 
MHz
+1
#19
For families where a child would suffer trauma, neglect and other abuses certainly. You would sentence a child and mother into something that benifits neither just because prevention of the pregnancy didn't work? If you aren't under a Doctors care you should be and the rest of your family that is would probably agree but then you don't have to listen to them do you, because there is nothing wrong with you.
Do you support child abuse or you looking for new clients for the RCC School that got shut down?
 
gerryh
+1
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

For families where a child would suffer trauma, neglect and other abuses certainly. You would sentence a child and mother into something that benifits neither just because prevention of the pregnancy didn't work? If you aren't under a Doctors care you should be and the rest of your family that is would probably agree but then you don't have to listen to them do you, because there is nothing wrong with you.
Do you support child abuse or you looking for new clients for the RCC School that got shut down?

Good to know, murder of innocent children is no problem for you.
 
MHz
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Good to know, murder of innocent children is no problem for you.

I don't see any solutions coming from you that would solve any of the reasons a woman would want an abortion and I'm pretty sure they are more emotionally involved than you are.
25,000 children die every day from starvation, I don't see any big campaign coming from you to solve that problem, but you sure seem willing to see that number climb higher.
BTW the correct term is 25,000 children MURDERED daily because starvation is a preventable condition.
Last edited by MHz; Feb 15th, 2014 at 07:32 PM..
 
gerryh
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

25,000 children die every day from starvation, I don't see any big campaign coming from you to solve that problem, but you sure seem willing to see that number climb higher.
BTW the correct term is 125,000 children MURDERED daily because starvation is a preventable condition.


You seem to have a problem with your "facts".
 
MHz
#23
No I have a proble mwith typing.
That is curable by putting the keyboard in a better position, sorry to say repositioning your mental process is a task best left to God. You may want to bring that up next time you two are chatting.
 
gerryh
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

No I have a proble mwith typing.
That is curable by putting the keyboard in a better position, sorry to say repositioning your mental process is a task best left to God. You may want to bring that up next time you two are chatting.


You may want to get a little bit more direction as to what God's position is on killing his innocent children.
 
MHz
#25
Go ahead, God talks to you, educate me on this point.

You motto rule your life at home also or are you just a tard online?
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Good to know, murder of innocent children is no problem for you.

Except they are not children until after they are born. That is why there is no law against abortion.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

You may want to get a little bit more direction as to what God's position is on killing his innocent children.

God being a myth makes her position irrelevant.
 
MHz
#27
When the myth makes her appearance all the children will have their lives fully restored, no parents will be missing, nor brothers and sisters.
 
gerryh
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

When the myth makes her appearance all the children will have their lives fully restored, no parents will be missing, nor brothers and sisters.


That still doesn't justify the killing.
 
MHz
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

That still doesn't justify the killing.

That is a decision that only affects your own conceived babies, you don't get to judge what others do with an unwanted pregnancy.
 
shadowshiv
Free Thinker
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Denmark is now the sixth European nation to ban ritual slaughter. Muslims and Jews seem most upset that they weren't in discussion with the government before this ban was announced.

Denmark Just Banned All Kosher And Halal Meats, Leaving Jews And Muslims Outraged | Elite Daily

I fixed the title for you, Tonington.
 
no new posts