Militia group suspects charged with conspiracy

sombraa110

Electoral Member
Feb 1, 2010
Nine suspected members of a militia group were charged Monday with seditious conspiracy and related charges in an alleged plot to kill a Michigan law enforcement officer and then attack other officers at his funeral, federal prosecutors said.
A federal grand jury in Detroit, Michigan, indicted six Michigan residents, two Ohioans and an Indianan on charges of seditious conspiracy, attempted use of weapons of mass destruction, teaching the use of explosive materials and possessing a firearm during a crime of violence, U.S. Attorney Barbara L. McQuade and Andrew Arena, FBI special agent in charge, announced.
The five-count indictment unsealed Monday charges that since August 2008, the defendants, acting as a Lenawee County, Michigan, militia group called the Hutaree, conspired to oppose by force the authority of the U.S. government

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
I was going to post a thread on the topic, but you beat me to it. No fair.

Anyway these are Christian militias. A while ago, Obama administration warned about the rise of right wing militia groups. This is really Christian version of Taliban or Al Qaeda. In one respect, the whole religious right is Christian Taliban. But there is one major difference. Main body of religious right advocates peaceful means to bring religious Theocracy to USA, it does not advocate violence.

Same cannot be said of Christian militias. They openly advocate armed resistance, violence, terrorism.

Libertarian

Electoral Member
Mar 24, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
I was going to post a thread on the topic, but you beat me to it. No fair.

Anyway these are Christian militias. A while ago, Obama administration warned about the rise of right wing militia groups. This is really Christian version of Taliban or Al Qaeda. In one respect, the whole religious right is Christian Taliban. But there is one major difference. Main body of religious right advocates peaceful means to bring religious Theocracy to USA, it does not advocate violence.

Same cannot be said of Christian militias. They openly advocate armed resistance, violence, terrorism.

Theocracy should never happen in USA. USA was founded on separation of Church and State. These Christian "militias" are terrorists.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
These guys were a bunch of nuts, criticized as "wanting to start a civil war" even by other Michigan militia groups.

That said, anyone that remembers the last time Democrats came to power can remember both Randy Weaver and the Waco, Texas fiascos.....both manufactured by the US federal government......

If these guys were really planning attacks on federal law enforcement, then thank God they were caught..........but one should wait for evidence to be presented in court before leaping to conclusions.

And, someone should tell SJP that anyone planning the murder of federal law enforcement people is NOT a Christian.....the Bible does NOT call for jihad.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
Theocracy should never happen in USA. USA was founded on separation of Church and State. These Christian "militias" are terrorists.

I assume you are not aware of the fact that religious right does not believe in the separation of church and state. It is not mentioned in the constitution, it was mentioned in one of the Federalist Letters, by one of the Founding Fathers.

While it is accepted as de facto constitution these days, if they ever have a religious right president and a religious right majority Congress, separation of Church and State won’t stop them.

And absolutely these Christian militias are terrorists, they are Christian version of Al Qaeda.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I assume you are not aware of the fact that religious right does not believe in the separation of church and state. It is not mentioned in the constitution, it was mentioned in one of the Federalist Letters, by one of the Founding Fathers.

While it is accepted as de facto constitution these days, if they ever have a religious right president and a religious right majority Congress, separation of Church and State won’t stop them.

And absolutely these Christian militias are terrorists, they are Christian version of Al Qaeda.

Funny, despite SJP's fear-mongering, I haven't seen many US Christian fundamentalists blowing themselves up in crowded buses and subways, or flying planes into buildings, or murdering Christians of other sects by the hundreds......or any of the other misdemeanors of the Islamic fundamentalist......

But Heaven forbid the facts get in the way of SJP's pontificating.

The simple fact is that Christian fundamentalism does NOT include the concept of murder and jihad as a basic precept....whereas Islamic fundamentalism does.....

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Nine suspected members of a militia group were charged Monday with seditious conspiracy and related charges in an alleged plot to kill a Michigan law enforcement officer and then attack other officers at his funeral, federal prosecutors said.
Yup. Stuff happens when there are nuts everywhere regardless of religion, politics, or gender.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Funny, despite SJP's fear-mongering, I haven't seen many US Christian fundamentalists blowing themselves up in crowded buses and subways, or flying planes into buildings, or murdering Christians of other sects by the hundreds......or any of the other misdemeanors of the Islamic fundamentalist......

But Heaven forbid the facts get in the way of SJP's pontificating.

The simple fact is that Christian fundamentalism does NOT include the concept of murder and jihad as a basic precept....whereas Islamic fundamentalism does.....
The guy would be funny if he used original material instead of repeating the same lines all the time..
BTW I quote you so he will be able to read it:lol:
Seems like I'm not on his iggy list.........Yet
Must be that Irish beer he drinks;-):p

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The guy would be funny if he used original material instead of repeating the same lines all the time..
BTW I quote you so he will be able to read it:lol:
Seems like I'm not on his iggy list.........Yet
Must be that Irish beer he drinks;-):p
Hey! Anyone can drink Irish beer. Don't blame the narcissist on the Irish. He's made in Canada.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
This is "A" Christian militia group, be thankful they are the only group of their kind that were aware of, all others consider them radical, even the KKK. We were lucky this time.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
This is "A" Christian militia group, be thankful they are the only group of their kind that were aware of, all others consider them radical, even the KKK. We were lucky this time.

There are several hundred groups like this, ironsides (according to Southern Poverty Law Center). This is all part of the spectrum, the same rage, same hysteria, same hatred that spawned the Tea Party movement on the far right also gave rise to several hundred far right terrorist groups.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
512 "Patriot" groups as of 2009, but not all are planning the violent takeover of the goverment, but there are a few the goverment should look into and by the arrests, I guess they are.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
Militant Canadian 'Gay' Group Attacks IRB Member On Religious Beliefs

The controversy centres on Doug Cryer, who was appointed to the Immigration and Refugee Board last month for the Toronto district. Cryer, a longtime Conservative supporter, was appointed "on good behaviour" for a three-year term to the job, which pays between $99,300 and $116,800 a year.

(...)

Cryer's appointment has sparked controversy because he has been a vocal opponent of same-sex marriage and defended the church's right to say homosexual behaviour is "sinful."

Well, I see again that the "gay" supremacists are targeting a Christian for persecution. This seemingly hateful persecution militates against his inalienable Charter right to freedom of religious beliefs and freedom to hold such beliefs openly... and to not be discriminated against or in any way whatsoever caused to be disadvantaged therefor.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
So you are saying that an out of power group, one that has no power, is discriminating against somebody in the government, which is all powerful. A good one.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So you are saying that an out of power group, one that has no power, is discriminating against somebody in the government, which is all powerful. A good one.
Power status or title, or lack thereof, does not change whether or not one can be guilty of discrimination or a hate crime.

Thinking otherwise, only proves your detachment from reality.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Militant Canadian 'Gay' Group Attacks IRB Member On Religious Beliefs

The controversy centres on Doug Cryer, who was appointed to the Immigration and Refugee Board last month for the Toronto district. Cryer, a longtime Conservative supporter, was appointed "on good behaviour" for a three-year term to the job, which pays between $99,300 and $116,800 a year.

(...)

Cryer's appointment has sparked controversy because he has been a vocal opponent of same-sex marriage and defended the church's right to say homosexual behaviour is "sinful."

Well, I see again that the "gay" supremacists are targeting a Christian for persecution.This seemingly hateful persecution militates against his inalienable Charter right to freedom of religious beliefs and freedom to hold such beliefs openly... and to not be discriminated against or in any way whatsoever caused to be disadvantaged therefor.
sinful??

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Apply the Patriot Act and crucify them! How ironic it is that the right wing Republicans created the Act and now there are movements underway to use the law against them.

Hooray!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Some of their plans were pretty sickening.

They were thinking of calling in a false 911 emergency and then execute the officer(s) that arrive or go to a police officer's home and murder the entire family! They would then open fire on the police while they were at the funeral(s)? These people aren't Christians, they're terrorists and also evil scum.8O:-(