Canada.com Forum Is Back On Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
This is just to let former canada.com posters know. Apparently the forum has restarted. I just now looked in on it, and there was this post by Spade, asking if anybody is out there.

No doubt he probably felt like he was shouting in a ghost town. Anyway, I replied to his post, and I also posted a new thread. Everything seems to be working again.

Assuming it is working again, I will be spending some of my time there and some here (‘that bites’, I can just see the Trolls thinking here, no doubt they will miss me).

I have fond memories of that forum and if it really has started and what I see there is not just some bug in their program, I can see myself spending at least part of the time there.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
(‘that bites’, I can just see the Trolls thinking here, no doubt they will miss me).
Speaking from one who has been on your ignore list for most of your time here, why would you think I would miss you? NM You have been gone since you used that button. I'm not complaining that you did, just saying my adioses (wp) even though you have said goodbye long ago.

Is Canada even big enough for more than one forum??

As lackluster as I see this crowd in general I doubt I could get under the skin deeper at Canada.com. I always thought Cananoplis would be a fitting name for some Canadian site the web. JawJacker's could be a site or a handle. My old account was created about the same day as this site. Before that my main 'behind the broadcast news edition' was from Georgia US, not USSR.
A fair and balanced site in that there was a total freedom on speech, back then. Even the most obnoxious words could be used. If that could throw the topic off course then it was a mission accomplished. Only the determined threads survived. As in here, most of my posts were in the "Bible' section, the answers were much slower in coming. Now it is much like a very public place with all sorts of sensitive people. If you want to live in a glass house and laught at the outside, you better have some thick skin/glass.

A trend that may catch on is independent nets. Good for neighborhoods when the trunk lines were off line. Bell was great for recording movies and being able to wach them when bell was off-line (any small dark cloud) but a least you could go down ignorant of local weather conditions. The cure was cable. when they were down you couldn't access anything on their box (even after shelling out 100's) unless their server could be reached. Now a pirate of the airwaves would be using ever cable box as part of their proxy to target specific people (and the criminal part using stolen equipment to peddle things that benefit only you) All the PVR's could be 'accessed to stream video to others that are paying reduced dues (10% or yours)to watch your recorded shows in HIDEF. Sweet opertation and virtually undetectable.

Anyway, bye, don't forget to take the ones you brought here, or at least denounce them publicaly on this forum so we know he/she is not a spy (which is better than just being a prick)

Last edited:

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Yikes MHz! That's not very christian of you but I like it nonetheless. Wait a minute...that's exactly why I like it. You dropped your facade and spoke your mind without god involved. That's refreshing.

I never liked the 'Ignore' button anyway. What's with that? Put a bunch of people on ignore and only talk to those who agree with you? Sounds a little one sided to me. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Yikes MHz! That's not very christian of you but I like it nonetheless. Wait a minute...that's exactly why I like it. You dropped your facade and spoke your mind without god involved. That's refreshing.
I didn't drop anything and this post is not in a different format from any of my other posts, Christian topic or not. LOL, anyway this is SJP's farewll so maybe we will meet again on another thread.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I didn't drop anything and this post is not in a different format from any of my other posts, Christian topic or not. LOL, anyway this is SJP's farewll so maybe we will meet again on another thread.
If you re-read his post you will see he said it was not his farewell. I'm just sorry that he mentioned it openly at all.

SirJosephPorter

Time Out
Nov 7, 2008
Ontario
If you re-read his post you will see he said it was not his farewell. I'm just sorry that he mentioned it openly at all.

Oh, I don't think there is anything wrong in mentioning it here, VanIsle. I am sure at least a few former canada.com posters will be interested.

And if MHz is thinking that I am leaving the forum (yes, I have him on ignore), he is mistaken, his celebrations may be premature. As you rightly pointed out, I said nothing of the sort.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
What part of this didn't you understand, " I can see myself spending at least part of the time there."? Is it not a farewell when you say you won't be seeing as much of him here because he will not be here? Mentioning it openly was the best way to let the former cancom members know it was back online. When they closed several of their members came to this site. Why else do you think it is even worth mentioning??

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Oh, I don't think there is anything wrong in mentioning it here, VanIsle. I am sure at least a few former canada.com posters will be interested.

And if MHz is thinking that I am leaving the forum (yes, I have him on ignore), he is mistaken, his celebrations may be premature. As you rightly pointed out, I said nothing of the sort.
Celebration, who said I was celebrating?? I would be doing that if I had you on ignore, as it is, it is the other way around. I could give a fiddlersfuk what you do or don't do.

Your own quotes (twice)points to a departure of sorts. No doubt the ones you have on ignore are also the ones you consider to be trolls. lol
"I will be spending some of my time there and some here (‘that bites’, I can just see the Trolls thinking here, no doubt they will miss me)."

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hell, I'm the only one on line over there. But there's 606 guests, must be something like having sex with a pig, it's ok, until someone sees you, I think I shall log out over there, lol.

No wonder they love it so much. There's no one there to counter SJP's BS and that of the sycophants that suck up to him.

I guess in a pond that small, even a guppy can look like a big "brown" trout...

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Hell, I'm the only one on line over there. But there's 606 guests, must be something like having sex with a pig, it's ok, until someone sees you, I think I shall log out over there, lol.

No wonder they love it so much. There's no one there to counter SJP's BS and that of the sycophants that suck up to him.

I guess in a pond that small, even a guppy can look like a big "brown" trout...

I loved the post by VanIsle

Ya gotta love it!!! I hope this stays here. Don't invite strangers!!! At least not any CC strangers. Now I have to remember how this works again. No smilies but that's okay.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
any of you who want to be trolls here, or use nasty language, or think we are
a boring lot, 'don't forget to shut the door behind you, on your way out.'

Reactions: karrie

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
any of you who want to be trolls here, or use nasty language, or think we are a boring lot, 'don't forget to shut the door behind you, on your way out.'

Never would I assert that any of you were boring, quite the opposite is true. So I guess as long as it's the Can.com'ers doing the trolling, it's a-okie-dokie?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Another great comment by VI

Just be sure you only pass it on to the old crowd. We don't need trouble here.

Pretty funny considering how badly she whined about not being welcomed here. I guess the microscopic bits of credibility she had left just went out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.