a male dilemma....

scratch

Senate Member
May 20, 2008
Your wife comes home with a new haircut, you cannot stand it....

:canada::canada::canada:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Oh boy.

Been there........

Wife had the most beautiful blonde mane, down to the small of her back, from the time I met her (at 16) until she was in her early 30s.......when she got it all cut off.

I was not impressed.

She was VERY not impressed with me being not impressed. :)

Lie.

You'll get used to it...... :)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Do you want to know what to do if you don't like it? From a woman's point of view?

Grab her and kiss her passionately, and rush her to the bedroom to mess it up with some vigorous, um, let's call it 'adoration'. Any hairstyle looks better a bit mussled by 'adoration'. And you may like it better once you get your hands on it and mess up the notoriously oddly done hairdresser do.

Scott Free

House Member
May 9, 2007
BC
I would hope I could be truthful. That I had married someone mature enough they didn't need to have tantrums or didn't like living in a world constructed through emotional extortion. If she really cared what I thought she would have asked for my opinion first; so why would she be asking me what I thought now? What kind of game is that? If she didn't like my answer then that would be her problem. If she couldn't work all this out on her own then we shouldn't be married.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I would hope I could be truthful. That I had married someone mature enough they didn't need to have tantrums or didn't like living in a world constructed through emotional extortion. If she really cared what I thought she would have asked for my opinion first; so why would she be asking me what I thought now? What kind of game is that? If she didn't like my answer then that would be her problem. If she couldn't work all this out on her own then we shouldn't be married.

1st thing you don't realize, is that women make those kinds of drastic transformations to try to surprise their men, and throw some spice into things. Usually because they already feel (even if not consciously) that their man is bored or unhappy. So, if he's unhappy with the surprise, it's a double blow. There's a lot that goes on in the mind we don't realize until looking back at it.

2nd thing you don't realize, is that even the most mature human beings have a lot of their self worth tied up in how their partner lusts after them. Openly criticising your partner's hair cut may elicit a frank and honest response on the conscious level, but it can still hurt them.

I agree with you 100% on all the conscious levels, the 'what should be' level. But actual human reaction rarely fits into 'what should be'. :smile:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

HA!

I've been with a gentle, intelligent, loving woman for 37 years......

Man, are YOU ever living in a dream world.

Women never work ANYTHING out on their own.....unless it is dumping you.........

And getting along with them, living together, requires constant work, attention, sincere concern for feelings, and understanding of a female point of view. If possible.

Get used to it. Women are different from us. In so very many ways.

Gotta love 'em.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
And getting along in a marriage, living together, requires constant work, attention, sincere concern for feelings, and understanding of your partner's point of view. If possible.

Why is it that men don't realize that it's a two way street? If you've ever heaved a sigh and rolled over in bed because your wife wasn't 'in the mood', then you know some of what that 'bad haircut' feeling is like. And most wives (the ones that stay wives anyway), spend as much time bending to your vanity as you do to theirs. :smile:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
my mom jokes that I'm going to get my PhD and become a sex therapist, lol.

Dr. Ruth is apparently stepping down. ;)

or was that Sue Johanson?

Yup....it's Sue Johanson...she has stepped down from her call in show.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Just read this to my wife....she smiled...noddedknowingly..and stated that "there's a guy that will be single for a long time."

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Do you want to know what to do if you don't like it? From a woman's point of view?

Grab her and kiss her passionately, and rush her to the bedroom to mess it up with some vigorous, um, let's call it 'adoration'. Any hairstyle looks better a bit mussled by 'adoration'. And you may like it better once you get your hands on it and mess up the notoriously oddly done hairdresser do.

Yeah, right :smile: A good amount of vigourous adoration can always turn a bad hair day into a good hair day! :smile:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
You didn't say that she wanted to know 'if' you liked it. Why do men mostly think that
everything women do, is to please some man, maybe she wanted the haircut for herself,
and if you don't like it, too bad. I'm sure there isn't 'anything' she can do about all the
things she would like to change about you.:roll:

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
So your saying that I should first discerne whether the hair cut was for me or for her? and then proceed cautiously from there...almost feel like a male spider, I had better get this right or she's gonna rip my head off and eat it. :)

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
So your saying that I should first discerne whether the hair cut was for me or for her? and then proceed cautiously from there...almost feel like a male spider, I had better get this right or she's gonna rip my head off and eat it. :)

As a woman to another woman, I would be dissapointed in 'her' if she did not get her hair
cut, FOR HER, as a happy woman loves herself 'first', which makes her a happy fullfilled
woman, who can have a loving happy life with anyone else she wants. You should know
that her hair was cut 'for her', as your hair is cut 'for you', RIGHT? If her hair, in your opinion really looks 'bad', then she probably doesn't really like it either, so just wait, it will grow back. But, it's really none of your business.

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
Your right but I just wouldn't want to inadvertantly say the wrong thing, I tend to analyze things too much- If I say nothing then shes po'ed because she thinks I didn't notice, If I tell her I hate it. then it's hot tongue and cold shoulder for dinner. sounds like it's easier to lie( it's only a little white one)