Happy Halloween

Dreadful Nonsense
Let's Party!!!!!

MikeyDB
I went out one Halloween and chased this little girl down a rabbit hole....and I haven't been home since....

Happy H, a Dentists favorite seasonal festivity!

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

I went out one Halloween and chased this little girl down a rabbit hole....and I haven't been home since....

Happy H, a Dentists favorite seasonal festivity!

ha..have a good one MikeyDB

Vereya
Happy Halloween, everyone!
We don't selebrate it much in my country, but I was once in the United States just before Halloween, and I still remember the way all the houses were decorated It must be so much fun just walking down the streets right now!

triedit
My favorite Howliday! The boy went to school in costume this morning, beaming with joy. What a happy day!

Curiosity
Spoiler questions coming up ...

Does anyone still get pimples from candy? hee

Do you guys buy only candy you love?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN PEEPS

or whatever the correct crowd want to call it.....

triedit
I am guilty of purchasing only candy I love.
And I get it even though I live in an apartment and nobody ever comes to the door.

MORE CANDY FOR ME!

Zan
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE

Zan

Dreadful Nonsense
LOL ZAN thats a good one...first chuckle of the day ta love...

Tonington
Happy Halloween all, and to all a good night!

Nice one Zan, here's my contribution:

karrie
I love the way Halloween makes my kids beam. And I love the admiration I get from my kids over it.

Our main traditions are homemade costumes, carving the pumpkins (we then roast the seeds, and Nov1st, the pumpkins too to make pumpkin puree for my kids' fave pumpkin spice muffins... these are our only decorations), baking Halloween treats for their classes (this year was meringues which my kids went wild for), and of course, pigging on candy. Also, from the time they were young, hubby was a manager, and busy with work ALL the time. Halloween is the night he takes for them, no matter what it takes. My daughter's 7, and I've never taken them trick-or-treating, it's their special dad time. They were disappointed to learn though that living in town means they don't get to take the skidoo to trick-or-treat. lol.

And yeah Curio... I buy only candy I enjoy, and can use later. This year is a few different kinds of chocolates, and a bag of tootsie pops. Tootsie pops make great little reward candies that keep forever, and left over chocolates get smashed up and put in oatmeal cookies or put in the freezer and saved for icecream cakes and the like. yum.

eh1eh
Rockets. My wife always gets these for me. We don't give them out. They're for me. I eat them until my throat burns. mmmmmm.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Rockets. My wife always gets these for me. We don't give them out. They're for me. I eat them until my throat burns. mmmmmm.

My kids get enough of those to share, so that I don't have to buy and eat a huge bag. Because there's nothing else you can do with the damn things... no good baking, nothing.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

My kids get enough of those to share, so that I don't have to buy and eat a huge bag. Because there's nothing else you can do with the damn things... no good baking, nothing.

Maybe you could crush them and make a pie shell. Mix them with some corn flakes and stuff. They're sour so maybe it would be a good rhubarb pie shell. LOL.

karrie

Maybe you could crush them and make a pie shell. Mix them with some corn flakes and stuff. They're sour so maybe it would be a good rhubarb pie shell. LOL.

or a powder coating for donuts? lol.

eh1eh

or a powder coating for donuts? lol.

OK, now that would work.

karrie

OK, now that would work.

lol... give it a try and let me know how it works out for you, k?

Tonington

I'm weird, I never liked those, I used to trade them for the caramel/taffy type candy wrapped in the orange wrapper that everyone seemed to hate, lol. Good way to increase your bounty

But my favourite was always the mini Oh Henry.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

I'm weird, I never liked those, I used to trade them for the caramel/taffy type candy wrapped in the orange wrapper that everyone seemed to hate, lol. Good way to increase your bounty

ah, the molasses candies... I love those too. I like pretty much all of them (aside from candy corn... blech), but in variety.

eh1eh

ah, the molasses candies... I love those too. I like pretty much all of them (aside from candy corn... blech), but in variety.

Ya I like those things too. We called them candy kisses. btw, what's candy corn?

Tonington
Changed into a new costume after zipping around the world as Aquaman

karrie

Ya I like those things too. We called them candy kisses. btw, what's candy corn?

karrie

Changed into a new costume after zipping around the world as Aquaman

cool costume. lol

Tonington

cool costume. lol

The eyes are supposed to pop out...animated

eh1eh

The eyes are supposed to pop out...animated

Where do you host? Mine work but some people have problems with GIFs.

eh1eh

Oh, I see. Looks potentially good.

Tonington

Where do you host? Mine work but some people have problems with GIFs.

I uploaded from my box, and also tried the URL, no luck. Ahh well. It will be gone by tommorow.

This is the first time I've had this problem with a .gif The pelvic thrusting storm trooper and Agent Smith, they worked fine...

Coddfish
Well, better late than never. To everyone here at CC, I'd like to wish you all a safe and...

karrie
My kids have been out trick-or-treating with hubby for a half hour now.... one street, from our house, up two blocks, and then back down the other side... and they just returned home to dump their bags and go out again. One full reusable grocery bag so far. And they've barely even begun.

Thankfully they don't feel proprietary about their candy, because no damn way are they being allowed to eat all this!