Happy Halloween

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
I went out one Halloween and chased this little girl down a rabbit hole....and I haven't been home since....

Happy H, a Dentists favorite seasonal festivity! :)

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Happy Halloween, everyone!
We don't selebrate it much in my country, but I was once in the United States just before Halloween, and I still remember the way all the houses were decorated :lol: It must be so much fun just walking down the streets right now!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Spoiler questions coming up ...

Does anyone still get pimples from candy? hee

Do you guys buy only candy you love?

HAPPY HALLOWEEN PEEPS

or whatever the correct crowd want to call it.....

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Happy Halloween all, and to all a good night!

Nice one Zan:smile:, here's my contribution:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I love the way Halloween makes my kids beam. And I love the admiration I get from my kids over it.

Our main traditions are homemade costumes, carving the pumpkins (we then roast the seeds, and Nov1st, the pumpkins too to make pumpkin puree for my kids' fave pumpkin spice muffins... these are our only decorations), baking Halloween treats for their classes (this year was meringues which my kids went wild for), and of course, pigging on candy. Also, from the time they were young, hubby was a manager, and busy with work ALL the time. Halloween is the night he takes for them, no matter what it takes. My daughter's 7, and I've never taken them trick-or-treating, it's their special dad time. They were disappointed to learn though that living in town means they don't get to take the skidoo to trick-or-treat. lol.

And yeah Curio... I buy only candy I enjoy, and can use later. This year is a few different kinds of chocolates, and a bag of tootsie pops. Tootsie pops make great little reward candies that keep forever, and left over chocolates get smashed up and put in oatmeal cookies or put in the freezer and saved for icecream cakes and the like. yum.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Rockets. My wife always gets these for me. We don't give them out. They're for me. I eat them until my throat burns. mmmmmm.

My kids get enough of those to share, so that I don't have to buy and eat a huge bag. Because there's nothing else you can do with the damn things... no good baking, nothing.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
My kids get enough of those to share, so that I don't have to buy and eat a huge bag. Because there's nothing else you can do with the damn things... no good baking, nothing.

Maybe you could crush them and make a pie shell. Mix them with some corn flakes and stuff. They're sour so maybe it would be a good rhubarb pie shell. LOL.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Rockets. My wife always gets these for me. We don't give them out. They're for me. I eat them until my throat burns. mmmmmm.

I'm weird, I never liked those, I used to trade them for the caramel/taffy type candy wrapped in the orange wrapper that everyone seemed to hate, lol. Good way to increase your bounty:lol:

But my favourite was always the mini Oh Henry.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm weird, I never liked those, I used to trade them for the caramel/taffy type candy wrapped in the orange wrapper that everyone seemed to hate, lol. Good way to increase your bounty:lol:

ah, the molasses candies... I love those too. I like pretty much all of them (aside from candy corn... blech), but in variety.