Since I was Banned from CC

MikeyDB
What's the difference between offering an opinion...being judged? Perhaps N'ugg is a little abrasive...perhaps his PC filter ain't workin too well...so what?

What no one on these forums (Canadian Content) seems to be able or prepared to do is take a position and state an opinion that is "contrary" to the doctrine of political correctness....

You've been conditioned NOT TO JUDGE....believe in the notion that "judgment" is reserved the purview of the elite...or god or someone else who's gotten society's stamp of approval for "judging"...whether that judgment is proven or can be seen to clear the way to lucidity and prepare a pathway to insight and wisdom...or NOT!

Our enthusiasm for not judging has resulted in the world going to hell in a hand-basket and the insidiousness of our postmodern metrics of disposability and non-confrontation have a history of failure and the failures are continuing to mount and become critical...

Now because someone's "new" to a forum or a discussion board, there's no "good" reason to make the assumption that they have nothing to say and nothing to contribute and aren't worth listening to...

If you're not prepared to entertain the idea of communication...willing to participate in an open-forum of ideas and flexible enough to hear some unsettling ideas...then maybe you should be watching Jerry Springer or Judge Judy.....

I've stopped participating here at CC from time to time becasue the level of intercourse just doesn't offer anything worth "tuning-into"..... Over time...(as in all discussion forums) the same events, circumstances, situations and issues keep being brought up and brought up and brought up and mulled overer and mulled over and talked about and ranted about...and we don't seem to really get anywhere...

No one's prepared to entertain a concept or an idea that's regarded as new or different...New and Different are is seems threatening and obscure....

I understand N'ugg's frustration....I don't necessarily embrace his methodology...but hey its all words...no one is left bleeding and permanently injured...

Stand up for yourself....although it might be to late for most of you....

Dreadful Nonsense
I think the parchement in the wrong hands is toilet paper, in the right hands is a gift given oneself, hopefully to add to the common good.

why all the bitterness oldnugly...oh i see yer old n ugly so this is some kinda right......How ugly r u?

how bout u me and wreck beach...hahahahahahaha.
betcha I can make you cry....hahahahahahahahaha.....

betcha if i can get in yer head i'll cause angst beyond belief.

Look at as a sort of free therapy session MMMMMWWWWWWUUUUUAAAAAAAHAHAHAhahahaha...

Brat
Ok, so this person can base his/her "opinion" of me, or Daisygirl or any other individual, strictly on the basis that we happen to be new? He/she has not met us, doesn't know our education, or anything else about us and has never been confronted by us. Doesn't see like a very informed or educated opinion, but I guess your right, it is his opinion and he has a right to it. Maybe a newbie scared him in the past and he has somehow been traumatized.
My opinion is, that this person is rude and I have a right to it. And I can make that an educated and informed opinion, by the evidence shown in this thread.

IdRatherBeSkiing
I would just point out that it does not say Newbie anymore above my Avatar. I am a member. Membership has its priviledges (or so the AMEX people would have you believe).

If you can't take being called a newbie on a message board, perhaps a message board isn't a place you should hang out.

EDIT: I am no longer a member. I am a Bright Spark.
Last edited by IdRatherBeSkiing; Jun 19th, 2007 at 10:54 AM..Reason: not a member anymore

Dreadful Nonsense
Yeah well i'm just sticking up for our Daisy. It's pretty lame to stomp all over her at this point in her being here. Not that anytime would be fine, for she is just a nice person. But to flame the crap outta her is lame until she actually does something.....

anywho i'm bored and i want to try out this whole wreck beach flame fest deal that they got set up here.

Anyone got anything on this oldnugly person that I can use

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDredView Post

Yeah well i'm just sticking up for our Daisy. It's pretty lame to stomp all over her at this point in her being here. Not that anytime would be fine, for she is just a nice person. But to flame the crap outta her is lame until she actually does something.....

anywho i'm bored and i want to try out this whole wreck beach flame fest deal that they got set up here.

Anyone got anything on this oldnugly person that I can use

Actually, he made a general reference to newbies. Daisy responded (why?) and it seems they have each been giving as good as they get since then. My observation anyhow.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Actually, he made a general reference to newbies. Daisy responded (why?) and it seems they have each been giving as good as they get since then. My observation anyhow.

Peers through tiny openings of hand over eyes to read the Dougly...i'm bored!!! damn it...you gonna talk me outta of this one...

Unforgiven
Little more than jumping to conclusions based upon the slightest inkling of insight accumulated over a few days. Anyone thinking otherwise is as much a fool.

Uneducated isn't the word for it and while pointing at the nubes, dear Cletus of Podunk Corners, your own drool has outwitted you to find the sanctuary of the front of your shirt.

Dreadful Nonsense
nah!
Last edited by Dreadful Nonsense; Jun 19th, 2007 at 11:26 AM..

Twila
Opinions are like *******s....everyones got one....

An opinion matters only if the one giving the opinion is respected.

daisygirl
I regarded N'Ugly's comment as an insult to the Viners since we came here as a group and are all fairly new to this forum. I also happen to know that the Viners are an intellingent group, whether it is shown by parchment paper on a wall or not. And no, I was not bragging, but I refuse to be insulted by some joker either, at least until he has had the chance to get to know me.

I also very much respect the fact that Jarsay has accomplished so much with his life during the past few years and I think he has every reason to be proud of it and I humbly apologize that I hiacked your thread. Again, congratulations on your accomplishments, Jarsay ...absolutely terrific!

Kreskin
Nug is actually a great guy. I think he's pulling a few chains to see what happens (or his puter got hijacked).

This should be one big happy family. Adopt Uncle Nug.

daisygirl
Yeah, ok, Kreskin, if you say so...(shuffles toe of shoe in dirt, head hanging down in shame)...just because I like you, mind you.

Hi Uncle Nug! How yah doing?

Toro
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

This should be one big happy family.

Like the Sopranos.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

Like the Sopranos.

Somebody's sad the season ended.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

Like the Sopranos.

But Tony isn't happy. That's why he sees a therapist.

Brat
Fade to black

JBeee
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnuglyView Post

N'ugly was/is not impressed by those who brag about parchment on the wall. Tis only a tiny part of that which goes into getting an education; not very effective as a hammer.

I too went to a Canadian "U", many years ago, got some stuff for the picture frame, then spent the rest of my time enjoying life in spite of it.

Those who see a degree as the be and end all, are most of the time........................boring, learn by rote, and possibly stupid to boot.

Sorry, did I not give a "Viner" proper respect.?.............. There. More like it.

Daisygirl, I do know how to use toilet paper. When you learn how to use a toilet, I'll give you a demo. You risk this kind of reception when you invade and expect the masses to genuflect in your direction.

N'Ugg.

Welcome..........Viners.........yay??

lmao
My 2 cent query is what in hell are peeps with such knowkledge/degrees doing night and day on a dam internet forum ,whining ,when they could be spending more of his/her time out in the physical world sharing and contributing?

*BTW Ugly....I got kicked outta grade 5 for not shaving....you got a problem with that?

triedit
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeeeView Post

*BTW Ugly....I got kicked outta grade 5 for not shaving....you got a problem with that?

I guess that's what happens when you are 16 in grade 5...

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

I guess that's what happens when you are 16 in grade 5...

I'm surprised he made it at all to Grade 5.

JBeee
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

I'm surprised he made it at all to Grade 5.

I failed grade 2 an got kicked ahead.....what can I say?

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Nug is actually a great guy. I think he's pulling a few chains to see what happens (or his puter got hijacked).

This should be one big happy family. Adopt Uncle Nug.

Uncle Nug keeps tugging my lariat.

Dreadful Nonsense
I'm in where's uncle nuglydo.
yo Nuglydo you into guys that look like ugly women.

Vereya
Quote: Originally Posted by oldnuglyView Post

Good; some feedback from the "everything's wonderful in Russia girl". Eyes wide shut?

Just quote at least one of my posts where I said that everything is all right in Russia. I'd be very much obliged to you if you manage to find at least one. And this comment makes me wonder, just why do you think that you have a better understanding of the country I live in?

Old and Ugly - you missed out a couple of other highly suitable epithets while inventing yourself a nick.

SwitSof
Jbee is banned apparently, why?
2 weeks away and I missed heaps apparently!
Don't want to start a thread for this btw.
Last edited by SwitSof; Aug 2nd, 2007 at 05:29 PM..