baby names

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Herm seems to have a good sense of humour.

There's a town in Missouri called Hermann. there's a school there called hermann high school. i am determined i will go there one day and demand they honour me

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

Bob Dylan Love

Hey! Mr. Tambourine Man .........

Oh. Dylan wrote it. The group that turned it into a hit was the Byrds. I was wrng about the Hollies being the critters that did that.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

There's a town in Missouri called Hermann. there's a school there called hermann high school. i am determined i will go there one day and demand they honour me

Missouri is the cynical state. You might talk em out of a coffee or a beer but I bet that's as far as you get.

hermanntrude
update:

Last night it was confirmed that our baby has a heartbeat and can kick loud enough for a doppler machine to pick it up. My wife is the perfect weight, has perfect blood sugar and has the highest hemoglobin recorded in her town :0)

I'm excited

eh1eh

update:

Last night it was confirmed that our baby has a heartbeat and can kick loud enough for a doppler machine to pick it up. My wife is the perfect weight, has perfect blood sugar and has the highest hemoglobin recorded in her town :0)

I'm excited

But what? No name yet. Decisions decisions.

hermanntrude
Amelia for a girl seems to be staying good. Not so sure about boys names. possibly James, but it's a little boring

tamarin
Just don't repackage a common spelling when you choose one. Please. I never realized 'til the last thirty years you could spell Cathy 30 different ways. Stick to the tried and true. I like Stan. Strong name. You picked it.

hermanntrude
I like it, i do, but i dont think it'll stick. My wife has gone off it i think. Currently i'm hoping it'll be a girl so i don't have to think of a boy's name!

tracy
Amelia is my favorite girl name. I hope the pregnancy is a very happy time for you both

Do you plan on finding out the gender before the little one is born?

hermanntrude
We were discussing the matter last night and decided there's no real reason not to, except that sometimes they get it wrong. I think we came to the conclusion we'll ask but treat the answer with caution. Scan is in april :0)

selfactivated
Im so happy for you Sweetheart Pregnancy can be such a great experience when shared. I remember hearing that first swoosh and I just cried. I finally KNEW I had another soul inside me. Its the most amazing experience.

NO girls! Boys take it from me........BOYS!

selfactivated
Pendulum says boy........this will be interesting to find out.

hermanntrude
i have a strong feeling it's a girl. I also have a strong feeling i know more than a pendulum :0)

tracy
Girls are better. They have WAY cuter baby stuff.

eh1eh

i have a strong feeling it's a girl. I also have a strong feeling i know more than a pendulum :0)

Be surprised dude. It's better that way. And yes a girl will be easier on your nerves untill teen time. That's where I am now. I hope I don't have to lay a beatin' on no bad *** boys. Then there's PMS! LOL

L Gilbert
Anyone mention Leonard? Matthias? Matthew? Edward? Theodore?

karrie
In my experience, you really truly want the first born to be a boy. First born girls are hellish come puberty. hellish. hellish!!

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Anyone mention Leonard? Matthias? Matthew? Edward? Theodore?

Leonard... I love it. My fave uncle is Leonard. A great big, quiet, kind man, he's one of the most inspiring people in my life.

L Gilbert
???
I didn't have any major grief with Jodi. The little diamond in the nose wasn't all that bad and it didn't happen till she was 15 or 16. The pink hair was kinda neat but I didn't like the blonde hair she tried first.

El Barto
A girl , I like Alannah
Holy terror boy- Napoleon , Adolf,Stalin or Sanctus lol

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

???
I didn't have any major grief with Jodi. The little diamond in the nose wasn't all that bad and it didn't happen till she was 15 or 16. The pink hair was kinda neat but I didn't like the blonde hair she tried first.

Yeah, the dads never seem to be the ones who want to beat the daughter. Let me put it this way... for your wife's sake, a boy first is easier. lol. Every first born daughter I know fought like HELL with their mother, and twisted their dads around their little fingers. lol.

hermanntrude
i've often heard that guys like daughters and girls like sons. Maybe that explains your different views on first-born daughters

L Gilbert
lol
Well, there may have been a bit of that. I admit to being a bit of a softie, but I have an excuse, I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse than my kids as a kid. So anything they did that wasn't physically, emotionally, or psychologically harmful was ok with me. (IE, no bullying, terrorizing town at night, dangerous games without proper instruction, etc.)

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

In my experience, you really truly want the first born to be a boy. First born girls are hellish come puberty. hellish. hellish!!

Reading your post I am reminded of my daughter now 25 I think, please I don't want to think about it. Hellish hellish absolutely hellish. Why oh why oh why? She's human now thank god.

El Barto
Was she a bad little beaver?

karrie

i've often heard that guys like daughters and girls like sons. Maybe that explains your different views on first-born daughters

It could be. But, in my experience, a first born son makes for a more peaceful household than a firstborn daughter. Sons don't push the limits in the same way daughters do, and so the household rules are more set when the second or third born comes along, without the same screaming matches.

L Gilbert

I heard that, too. Also heard that guys like their sons to be just like them. Both my girls play(ed) rugby (I taught em the basics). I played catch with them and their mother. Both know the basics of diagnosing a vehicle's ailments. Bth can operate heavy equipment of some kinds. I don't think there's anything they learned from me that I wouldn't have taught a son. I just like kids in general. Neat toys.

El Barto
Being a first born myself I admit I was an angel

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Was she a bad little beaver?

A thing from the depths of hell. A consort of satan himself, her screeching voice would and did peel the paint from the walls.

El Barto
+1
#90  Top Rated Post
I'm sure she would like to hear that lol from you. lol
Then I've seen parents pay for they're past sins through they're children