Will be gone at end of June

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Well for two months from the end of June, I will be at CFB Shilo for two months completing my military course. So from June 24th or the 26th or maybe even later unknown right now the date, will take another week or so I am going to be leaving at the end of June for Shilo and completing my course so I wouldn't be able to post here.

So, before I go for the two months, I have to say to you lefties out there, keep fighting and show the truth. Do not get angered at our rightist comrades we will show them the light one day. However, be strong and don't any of you leave before I get back. :D

And for you righties, you guys get a two-month break before I get back. And don't worry, if the CF is of the right-wing nature, I will not be converted.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Don't get brain washed bro. I'll miss you dude!

I'm pretty sure you may not be training too much with my fav C7 Assult rifle, supposedly they are doing alot more training with the C7 Urban version which is alot smaller and well not named C7. If you get to use the real C7 you will love it.

BTW the reason they may train you with the urban version is the increased likely hood of urban warfare.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Finder said:
I'm pretty sure you may not be training too much with my fav C7 Assult rifle, supposedly they are doing alot more training with the C7 Urban version which is alot smaller and well not named C7. If you get to use the real C7 you will love it.

Urban version of the C7? Are you referring to the C8 carbine with it's folding metal stock and shorter barrel? It's not the urban version of the C7, it's the version for vehicle crews because of it's smaller size. It is easier to store in the vehicle and bring into action from the vehicle if need be.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
thecdn said:
Finder said:

Urban version of the C7? Are you referring to the C8 carbine with it's folding metal stock and shorter barrel? It's not the urban version of the C7, it's the version for vehicle crews because of it's smaller size. It is easier to store in the vehicle and bring into action from the vehicle if need be.

Well I'm not sure.. We didn't have them when I was in the forces thats all I know. They look and operate just like the C7 assult rifle but are about half the size, maybe slightly larger then that but not by much. A few friends I still have in the army have shown training pics of them with the rifle and pretty much are used as you said for vehicle crew but also used for some urban combat troops as well.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Jersay said:
What I am hoping to use is the C9 or the C6. They are so big and fun. The only thing I'm worried about is if I loose part of my finger clearing it.

naaa... you will be fine. We had a moron in our training section when we were taking these rifles apart on every hour it seemed between doing push-ups and what not. Even though he ended up not snapping in the barrel once and having it fall right off during an inspection and making some of us laugh at how stupid he was the rifles in the Canadian forces are pretty moron proff if you ask me.

However learning how to strip down the C7 is fun. C9 is not. Also don't fire blanks if you don't have to. If you have to fire as few as possible. Trust me blanks dirty up the rifle so much you will have to clean it for hours sometimes. I know things are better in the canadian armed forces but buy yourself a c-7 cleaning kit. back when I was in the forces sometimes the rifles were missing the cleaning kit... =-(

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Finder said:
Also don't fire blanks if you don't have to. If you have to fire as few as possible. Trust me blanks dirty up the rifle so much you will have to clean it for hours sometimes.

Keep an oil bottle in your shirt pocket or other easily accessible spot and put the oil to it when you are firing blanks. Will help make cleaning easier when you do it.

Also, if you're stopped for a quick break use the time to do a quick clean on the dirtiest parts. Once again this will help make the final cleaning a lot easier.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Jersay said:
What I am hoping to use is the C9 or the C6. They are so big and fun. The only thing I'm worried about is if I loose part of my finger clearing it.

The C6 is a great weapon but you don't want to be lugging it around. It's must more fun as a vehicle mounted weapon. I've fired it from the Leopard. It just sings.....

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Finder said:
thecdn
what regiment were you in? I was Queens Own Rifles.

QOR as a reg or as a reservist?

I spent four years in the regs as a Strathcona, and about a dozen in the res with the PL Fus and 723 Comm in Halifax, and Mil Dist HQ and 723 Comm in Calgary.

Had most of my fun firing weapons when I with the Strats, naturally :p

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
reservist for most of it I will admit. BUT You will laugh at this. In Toronto at the time we had a co-op placement at our school where we could join the army... wait for it... for credits and no money!!! Yeah I think I must have been brain dead because I could have gotten money to do my QL2. But thats only half of it. At the time QL2 didn't take that long to complete. Not long at all if I remember, I think it was a month, maybe a month and a half if you put it all together. But get this. Not only did we not get paid but we would have to go to "work" which was going to Moss Park every day 12:00-1700 hours monday to friday for 5 months on, to do our QL2 with I believe it was four training weekends. YES can you say over kill. It was so bad that they ran out of things to do for the QL2 course almost half way threw and had to slow it down to like one in class course a day (about 30-45 minutes ish) and then the rest was mind numbing running, push-ups, rifle drill, push-ups, running, push-ups, rifle drill, push-ups, push-ups, 50 more pushups, 49.. no your doing it wrong start again 50 push ups... running pushups, more push-ups and yes..... push-ups. Then for the last hour we'd do PT... which consisted of.... yes.... push-ups.... :(

So yeah my life was the army for 5 months and a bit when I did my QL2 and I made a few hundred dollars for a few weekend outers and thats it.

You would be surprised that the worst part of my army xp wasn't the push-ups... it was kinda kewl showing off to my friends how I could do one armed push-ups, in fact 50 of them in a row. But what bugged me was the drill. Being in Cadets before joining the army and teaching drill myself as a NCO in cadets, felt kind of odd getting re-trained basic drill again. You rarely get compliments during QL2 I got a lot for my drill oh and polishing too.

I think the funnist thing I did in the Forces was when we got our uniform we were told to polish our combats. So being a SGT in Air cadets we usta make everyone polish there boots like made and we all had our tricks. Well I spent a better part of my weekend making base coasts all around the combats. Then I polshed then really well. I came in on monday and they were yelling at ppl because they wern't polished. The guy comes up to me and says.. "are those parade boots" I say no Mcpl! He says "I've never seen combat boots like that......." "what did you do" I then explained to him I was told to polish them and I was in cadets so I knew how... He then ordered me to scuff them up and not to polish them for a few weeks as combats can not be that shinny. I didn't get yelled at but it was kind of funny in retro spect.

Ahhh CAF and Cadet memories.

thecdn

Electoral Member
Apr 12, 2006
North Lauderdale, FL
Finder said:
He then ordered me to scuff them up and not to polish them for a few weeks as combats can not be that shinny. I didn't get yelled at but it was kind of funny in retro spect.

Ahhh CAF and Cadet memories.

Sorry for not replying for so long, kind of forgot about this thread :oops:

In the PL Fus, the res infantry regt in Halifax, on my TQ1 inf we were only issued one pair of combat boots. We had to wear these to training nights with the toes shined, and then in the field for exercises with all the good inf stuff. That sucked big time.

But not as much as my first exercise on my recruit course. We were considered SYEP (Summer Youth Employment Program) so we weren't given a normal kit load. We had ankle boots for the field, a poncho for both rain gear and ground sheet, and 'Canadian Tire Special' cotton sleeping bags.

Needless to say it rained for 4 1/2 of the 5 days of our first exercise. And I could look at expensive homes a couple of miles away as I was shaving in the rain. That should have convinced me to get out instead of staying in the military for another 16 or so years :lol: