Will be gone at end of June

Jersay
Congradulations Manda. i hope to see you soon as well. You sound like you would be a good officer.

manda
Thanks!. I've applied for a LOG officer, or Public Affairs. The plan is to do that for 3 years and then go to reservist while I go to Law school, and then head off to JAG

Jersay
Logistics or Public Affairs. That is a really cool field.

So you can be the officer that can tell the media what has happened to my unit.

thecdn
Quote: Originally Posted by manda

Thanks!. I've applied for a LOG officer, or Public Affairs. The plan is to do that for 3 years and then go to reservist while I go to Law school, and then head off to JAG

Most PAFFO's I saw were remustered or cfr'd from other trades. I've never been to St Jean, but I can't see how it could ever compare to the beautiful location that CFOC's had in Chilliwack, BC.

And I got in before they sent officers to do language training before they go and fail their classification training. What a waste of money..

Good luck.

Jersay
Yeah. Good Luck. Also St Jean Sir Richelu (Probably spelt it wrong), is a really nice place. Your going to enjoy it.

manda
Quote: Originally Posted by thecdn

Most PAFFO's I saw were remustered or cfr'd from other trades. I've never been to St Jean, but I can't see how it could ever compare to the beautiful location that CFOC's had in Chilliwack, BC.

And I got in before they sent officers to do language training before they go and fail their classification training. What a waste of money..

Good luck.

I have no worries with the language training, I speak 3 languages. Normally they are transferred, but with my Lit degree I have a bit of a leg up.

thecdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Jersay

Yeah. Good Luck. Also St Jean Sir Richelu (Probably spelt it wrong), is a really nice place. Your going to enjoy it.

Nothing beats the beauty of Chilliwack. Or the horror of seeing maps with more contour lines closer together than you ever thought possible

Jersay
Ah that's good.

Jersay
Quote:

Nothing beats the beauty of Chilliwack. Or the horror of seeing maps with more contour lines closer together than you ever thought possible

I just did a course that had everything to do with contour lines. i don't want to see them again.

thecdn

I just did a course that had everything to do with contour lines. i don't want to see them again.

If you hope to rise above the rank of Pte you will be seeing them again :P Map reading is a very basic function in the military. Would you rather set up your observation post at the top of the hill or the bottom?

Jersay
I'm talking about at University. The teacher was awful so since I am trying to get an A on this course. With so many contour maps on the quiz I am just distrustful to these contours. Especially around exams.

thecdn

I'm talking about at University. The teacher was awful so since I am trying to get an A on this course. With so many contour maps on the quiz I am just distrustful to these contours. Especially around exams.

Might be a pain now but you will have a great leg up when it comes to the map reading part of courses. Most people have little or no experience with such maps before they hit the military.

fuzzylogix
Testing Testing Testing...

Nope-not a goodbye thread.

Jersay
This is a goodbye to Sept when I come back.

Kodiak
Good luck to you Jersay. Keep safe!
My father was in the military so I know a little about the life.

Jersay
Thank you very much. I am going to have a lot of fun.

As long as I remain moral and noble to myself I should do find and help out my fellow guys as well.

aeon

Well for two months from the end of June, I will be at CFB Shilo for two months completing my military course. So from June 24th or the 26th or maybe even later unknown right now the date, will take another week or so I am going to be leaving at the end of June for Shilo and completing my course so I wouldn't be able to post here.

So, before I go for the two months, I have to say to you lefties out there, keep fighting and show the truth. Do not get angered at our rightist comrades we will show them the light one day. However, be strong and don't any of you leave before I get back.

And for you righties, you guys get a two-month break before I get back. And don't worry, if the CF is of the right-wing nature, I will not be converted.

You will be doing your basic trainning?? or your career training?

Jersay
Basic.

thecdn

Good luck.

I have no worries with the language training, I speak 3 languages. Normally they are transferred, but with my Lit degree I have a bit of a leg up.

My comment was not meant to address the difficulty of the language course but the timing of it. From everything I've heard, the course is pretty easy, even for someone with no french going it.

What I don't like is the fact that people who will be going on to pilot, or mars(navy), or combat arms training - with failure rates of 30% or more, are put on the french course first. This guarantees that people will have been sent on the language course, with all the expenses that entials, and then will be civvies after failing out of phase training. Doesn't seem to be a logical use of resources to me.

aeon

Basic.

Good luck and all the best, The first 10 weeks in the army are the hardest(well , if you are in shape/healthy, you will find it easier), depending what career you choose , of course. Infantry and artillery are the hardest.

regular or reserve?

thecdn
Quote: Originally Posted by aeon

of course. Infantry and artillery are the hardest.

Why would artillery be harder than armour?

OpnSrc
Have fun ... and don't get mixed up with those secret squirels

Jersay
Quote:

Have fun ... and don't get mixed up with those secret squirels

Thanks?

Secret Squirels??

Jersay
Well I have been on some of the operations and worked on the radio and such since I came in months ago instead of just sitting around so i got a heads up on some of the other guys.

Also going to the reserve and then I am thinking of transferring as an Officer to the Highlanders (Infantry) or artillery. Unsure, maybe even apply for JTF2. I might join the JTF2 because several officers have told me I should. And it sounds like fun.

Reserve.

aeon

Quote: Originally Posted by aeon

of course. Infantry and artillery are the hardest.

Why would artillery be harder than armour?

Because it is more physical than armour, but i admit it is also a difficult one.

aeon

Well I have been on some of the operations and worked on the radio and such since I came in months ago instead of just sitting around so i got a heads up on some of the other guys.

Also going to the reserve and then I am thinking of transferring as an Officer to the Highlanders (Infantry) or artillery. Unsure, maybe even apply for JTF2. I might join the JTF2 because several officers have told me I should. And it sounds like fun.

Reserve.

Be careful there, you didnt choose easy ones , i hope you are young and tough

Jersay
Just pushing 20 soon.

OpnSrc
I can't tell you about the secret squirels ... but you'll find out and anyone who has been in the military in canada has some idea what they are.

thecdn

If you have designs on JTF2 go infantry, the background would help you the most. To my knowledge you have to be in the reg force for several years before you could apply for the JTF2 selection process.

As others have noted, the combat arms are the hardest physically. But you should know that by now. It's also very hard mentally to do some of that very phsically demanding stuff in all (crappy) weather conditions when you are dead tired and have to motivate others that are dead tired.

Been there, done that, (the t-shirts don't fit anymore :P ). Have the good memories along with the bad ones.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

Kreskin
Jersay, how are you going to post on CC when people are shooting at you? Isn't there a rule of engagement whereby everyone stops to check email or something?