Girl pregnant....aged 11.


Blackleaf
#1
Scottish girl became pregnant when she was 11 years old, and her mother insists that she is PROUD of her.




12 May 2006

PREGNANT... AT JUST 11

Schoolgirl will be UK's youngest mum

By Pete Samson

A GIRL who became pregnant at 11 is to become Britain's youngest mum.

The schoolgirl, who is now 12, discovered she was expecting after a boozy one-night stand with a 15-year-old.

She will be 12 years and eight months old when she gives birth next month.

The girl, who smokes despite being heavily pregnant, said: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum."

The 12-year-old comes from a large family in West Lothian, Scotland, and has an eight-month-old brother.

Her 34-year-old mother insists she is "proud" of her daughter. The girl added: "I think I'll cope as I've had lots of practice with my brothers.

I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies.

But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm frightened.

The girl, who claimed she has given up drinking, wants a boy.

She had unprotected sex with the 15-year-old in Edinburgh last August. He could face legal action.

Britain's current youngest mum is Jenny Teague, of Dorset, who had a baby age 12 years and nine months in 1997.

mirror.co.uk


Birth rates among 15-19 year olds in Europe in 1998
(No of birth per 1000 women)

Britain - 31
Hungary - 27
Poland - 19
Ireland - 19
Czech Republic - 17
Austria - 14
Germany - 13
Norway - 12
Greece - 11
Belgium - 10
France - 9
Denmark - 8
Spain - 7
Italy - 5
Sweden - 5
Netherlands - 5
Switzerland - 4

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/content/v...dium/16874.gif
 
Riyko
#2
Damn that's young to be having sex and getting pregnant. Although she's doing what most won't even though she's only 12 she had unprotected sex so she should raise that child. If I was the mom i'd be dissapointed with my child, i'd still love the child, but be dissapointed with her.
 
GreenGreta
#3
Disappointed? I'd f*cking kill her, then I'd send my husband after the boy.
 
Machjo
#4
Ah, nothing a little string can't fix. You tie the string tight around the testes and leave it there till they fall off.

Painful I suppose. But hey, it's gotta be done.
 
Tom Green Fan
#5
11!?!?!?!? Didn't know that was possible!?
 
tracy
#6
The youngest girl to give birth was actually a 5 year old, so it is possible. I have looked after a twelve year old in labor before, in Canada. She was pregnant by a much older man. I wish her the best of luck. If it were my daughter I would want her to give the baby for adoption, but that's a personal choice.
 
Jersay
#7
Damn. I wuldn't support her drinking or smoking or unprotected sex and such but wow.

A five year old getting pregnant. Now that is sick?
 
#juan
#8
I'm sure the mother of this girl

would be happier if it hadn't happened but in some countries in Africa, the average age of motherhood is not much older than 11. The sad thing is, that her childhood is gone.
 
unclepercy
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

I'm sure the mother of this girl

would be happier if it hadn't happened but in some countries in Africa, the average age of motherhood is not much older than 11. The sad thing is, that her childhood is gone.

My question is: What is wrong with men who would do this to
a child?

Uncle
 
HonestAbe
#10
Boy do I love the Human Race. You can tell in the article that this girl's problem is most likely a result of her mother's horrible parenting. Good times.
 
JonB2004
#11
I believe that anyone under 18 who gets pregnant should be forced to have an abortion.
 
tracy
#12
I wouldn't exist if that were the law, so I'm ok with allowing them to decide for themselves.
 
fuzzylogix
#13
wow-JonB! That's a very radical postion!!!! In many cases these girls will get an abortion, but it should NEVER be forced upon them.

As for the guy, this is statutory rape, so it becomes a case of whether or not you charge a minor with this serious crime.

As for the mother, well obviously if the girl was out drinking and having sex, mum wasnt exactly keeping an eye on her.
 
GreenGreta
#14
Hey Tracy, how old was your mom?

It was a 15 yr old who knocked her up, what's he and his parents saying? Actually, ya, it's more his fault than hers. He must have coerced her in some way, provided the alkyhol she was drinking too.

They have destroyed their lives. It would make just a darling shotgun wedding though. Her with her Dora the Explorer Pajamas and him carrying his skateboard. They probably will register at Toys R Us.

Again, I'd f*cking kill her and send my husband after the boy. I have sons and a container full of condoms, occasionally I find them in the kids pants. I'm very happy that he listened, some don't.

I certainly don't believe in forcing abortions on females.You can just leave my body alone, but thanks.
 
tracy
#15
My birth mother was 17 when she got pregnant GG, 18 when I was born (she's not my "mom" though, that's the mom who adopted me).
 
GreenGreta
#16
How wonderful! Imagine how happy your adopted mom was to get you!

I can't see a happy ending for the 11 year old tho, can you?
 
LittleRunningGag
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by JonB2004

I believe that anyone under 18 who gets pregnant should be forced to have an abortion.



Uhhh... I can't even respond to this post because I'm so angry. Unbelievable.
 
FiveParadox
#18
I concur, LittleRunningGag.
 
JonB2004
#19
Little Running Gag, I can't see why you would be angry about what I said.

Anyone under 18 who gets pregnant should be forced to have an abortion because having a baby pretty much ruins their life.

They can't have a proper education because they have to take care of the baby. Then, they will never have a good life because they will spend the rest of their life working some minimum wage convienence store job because they have no education.

But who am I? I'm just some dumbass teenager who doesn't know what he's talking about and you adults know everything.
 
LittleRunningGag
#20
Why is that your decision though? Why isn't that her decision?

I come from the school of thought that everyone is entitled to make decisions regarding their body. No one else should be able to make that decision for them.
 
JonB2004
#21
Yes, I think that people should make the decisions regarding their own bodies, but allowing teenagers to get pregnant is decreasing Canada's quality of life.

That kid is going to live a life in poverty. So is the mother.

But like I said before. Who am I? I don't know anything.
 
LittleRunningGag
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by JonB2004

Yes, I think that people should make the decisions regarding their own bodies, but allowing teenagers to get pregnant is decreasing Canada's quality of life.

Her quality of life, not yours. it isn't your decision. Sexual education is the key, not enforcing your values upon others. This is the same regardless of whether you are pro-life, pro-choice, pro-abortion.

Quote:

But like I said before. Who am I? I don't know anything.



WTF is this?
 
JonB2004
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by JonB2004

But like I said before. Who am I? I don't know anything.

Quote: Originally Posted by LittleRunningGag



WTF is this?

I was just saying that you adults always think you know better.
 
fuzzylogix
#24
JonB, you're wrong in the assumption that their lives would be ruined. But you are right in that it can be a financial burden and prevent them from going to school. However, this is where society should step in and help any disadvantaged mother so she can go to school despite having a child.

Not all children born to young mothers live in poverty. And not all children born to young mothers are unwanted even if they are unplanned.

Abortion is not the golden answer to difficult pregancies. Abortion has serious physical and emotional issues that themselves can damage a girl's life.

Abortion may be an option where the mother is physically or emotionally unable to handle a pregnancy but it cannot used as a solution to a problem.

The irony of the above case is that this child will likely be born into a family that is dysfunctional and wants the child for all the wrong reasons, but which loves and cares for the child albeit in a way which most of us find unacceptable.

Far more important than pregnancy even, these days, is the risk of disease such as HIV. Kids still arent getting this message across that they have to protect themselves, and still there is argument about teaching sex ed in school. Lets get these kids better educated.
 
Machjo
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by HonestAbe

Boy do I love the Human Race. You can tell in the article that this girl's problem is most likely a result of her mother's horrible parenting. Good times.

Possible, but that's a big leap you're making there. Sometimes the kids ofthe best parents turn out the worst, and sometimes the kids of the worse parents turn out great.
 
FiveParadox
#26
JonB2004, one of my best friends on this planet got pregnant before she was eighteen and yes, I am a teenager, so you aren't going to be able to divert eyes with your sarcastic quips this time. Her kid is doing great, she is doing great, they are fine financially, and she would never have aborted him.

However, that was her decision to make.
 
Machjo
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by fuzzylogix

wow-JonB! That's a very radical postion!!!! In many cases these girls will get an abortion, but it should NEVER be forced upon them.

As for the guy, this is statutory rape, so it becomes a case of whether or not you charge a minor with this serious crime.

As for the mother, well obviously if the girl was out drinking and having sex, mum wasnt exactly keeping an eye on her.

I take back my previous post. It does seem the mother was negligent. Unless this girl was really hard headed to delinquent proportions. As for starutory rape, seems true in this article according to UK law. But in some countries one is considered an adult fully capable of making his own decisions by the age of 15. But 11?! She'd still be considered a minor even in those nations! And most nations accipting this at the age of 11 probably don't have any law regarding this, or we're dealing with naitons in bad shape economically, politically or otherwise.
 
Machjo
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by JonB2004

Little Running Gag, I can't see why you would be angry about what I said.

Anyone under 18 who gets pregnant should be forced to have an abortion because having a baby pretty much ruins their life.

They can't have a proper education because they have to take care of the baby. Then, they will never have a good life because they will spend the rest of their life working some minimum wage convienence store job because they have no education.

But who am I? I'm just some dumbass teenager who doesn't know what he's talking about and you adults know everything.

You have to consider the psychological and medical repercussions of abortion too. Beyond that, I've seen young single mothers succeed with parental help and support. And they love their children. You have to look beyond the material side of it. We're humans, not machines.
 
MagnoliaApples
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta


It was a 15 yr old who knocked her up, what's he and his parents saying? Actually, ya, it's more his fault than hers. He must have coerced her in some way, provided the alkyhol she was drinking too.

I think it's her fault. It's her body. It's her decision. I doubt that he 'coerced' her at all. I've seen and read about how young the kids that are having sex are these days. It's crazy!

She probably wanted to, so she did and she got preganant. Girls are just as bad as boys when it comes to that kind of stuff. Girls also mature faster than guys. The fact that she got pregnant indicates that she was already menstruating which also indicates that, hormonally, she was already experiencing sexual maturity - not totally, of course, considering her age, but she was in the beginning phase. She knew what she was doing. She just wasn't being very smart!

And you know what they say about what curiosity did to the cat.
 
JonB2004
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by FiveParadox

JonB2004, one of my best friends on this planet got pregnant before she was eighteen and yes, I am a teenager, so you aren't going to be able to divert eyes with your sarcastic quips this time. Her kid is doing great, she is doing great, they are fine financially, and she would never have aborted him.

However, that was her decision to make.

Yeah, that was probably one the very few teen pregnancies that turned out fine. Most of them turn out badly.
 

Similar Threads

1
Grandfather,71, pregnant .
by china | Sep 26th, 2008
11
Pregnant teens to become the trend?
by karrie | Jan 24th, 2008
0
The girl aged two with an IQ of......152
by Blackleaf | Jun 23rd, 2007
33
British Woman 63 pregnant
by Kreskin | May 10th, 2006
no new posts