Girl pregnant....aged 11.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Scottish girl became pregnant when she was 11 years old, and her mother insists that she is PROUD of her.

12 May 2006

PREGNANT... AT JUST 11

Schoolgirl will be UK's youngest mum

By Pete Samson

A GIRL who became pregnant at 11 is to become Britain's youngest mum.

The schoolgirl, who is now 12, discovered she was expecting after a boozy one-night stand with a 15-year-old.

She will be 12 years and eight months old when she gives birth next month.

The girl, who smokes despite being heavily pregnant, said: "I didn't think I'd get pregnant because it was my first time. But I'm really excited and looking forward to being a mum."

The 12-year-old comes from a large family in West Lothian, Scotland, and has an eight-month-old brother.

Her 34-year-old mother insists she is "proud" of her daughter. The girl added: "I think I'll cope as I've had lots of practice with my brothers.

I know how to feed a baby its bottle and I can change nappies.

But I panic and cry if they're sick and I don't like giving them a bath because I'm frightened.

The girl, who claimed she has given up drinking, wants a boy.

She had unprotected sex with the 15-year-old in Edinburgh last August. He could face legal action.

Britain's current youngest mum is Jenny Teague, of Dorset, who had a baby age 12 years and nine months in 1997.

mirror.co.uk

Birth rates among 15-19 year olds in Europe in 1998
(No of birth per 1000 women)

Britain - 31
Hungary - 27
Poland - 19
Ireland - 19
Czech Republic - 17
Austria - 14
Germany - 13
Norway - 12
Greece - 11
Belgium - 10
France - 9
Denmark - 8
Spain - 7
Italy - 5
Sweden - 5
Netherlands - 5
Switzerland - 4

http://bmj.bmjjournals.com/content/vol324/issue7350/images/medium/16874.gif

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Damn that's young to be having sex and getting pregnant. Although she's doing what most won't even though she's only 12 she had unprotected sex so she should raise that child. If I was the mom i'd be dissapointed with my child, i'd still love the child, but be dissapointed with her.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Ah, nothing a little string can't fix. You tie the string tight around the testes and leave it there till they fall off.

Painful I suppose. But hey, it's gotta be done.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
The youngest girl to give birth was actually a 5 year old, so it is possible. I have looked after a twelve year old in labor before, in Canada. She was pregnant by a much older man. I wish her the best of luck. If it were my daughter I would want her to give the baby for adoption, but that's a personal choice.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm sure the mother of this girl

would be happier if it hadn't happened but in some countries in Africa, the average age of motherhood is not much older than 11. The sad thing is, that her childhood is gone.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
#juan said:
I'm sure the mother of this girl

would be happier if it hadn't happened but in some countries in Africa, the average age of motherhood is not much older than 11. The sad thing is, that her childhood is gone.

My question is: What is wrong with men who would do this to
a child?

Uncle

HonestAbe

May 5, 2006
Illinois
Boy do I love the Human Race. You can tell in the article that this girl's problem is most likely a result of her mother's horrible parenting. Good times.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I believe that anyone under 18 who gets pregnant should be forced to have an abortion.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
wow-JonB! That's a very radical postion!!!! In many cases these girls will get an abortion, but it should NEVER be forced upon them.

As for the guy, this is statutory rape, so it becomes a case of whether or not you charge a minor with this serious crime.

As for the mother, well obviously if the girl was out drinking and having sex, mum wasnt exactly keeping an eye on her.

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
Hey Tracy, how old was your mom?

It was a 15 yr old who knocked her up, what's he and his parents saying? Actually, ya, it's more his fault than hers. He must have coerced her in some way, provided the alkyhol she was drinking too.

They have destroyed their lives. It would make just a darling shotgun wedding though. Her with her Dora the Explorer Pajamas and him carrying his skateboard. They probably will register at Toys R Us.

Again, I'd f*cking kill her and send my husband after the boy. I have sons and a container full of condoms, occasionally I find them in the kids pants. I'm very happy that he listened, some don't.

I certainly don't believe in forcing abortions on females.You can just leave my body alone, but thanks.

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
My birth mother was 17 when she got pregnant GG, 18 when I was born (she's not my "mom" though, that's the mom who adopted me).

GreenGreta

Electoral Member
Jun 5, 2005
Lala Land
How wonderful! Imagine how happy your adopted mom was to get you! :)

I can't see a happy ending for the 11 year old tho, can you?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Little Running Gag, I can't see why you would be angry about what I said. :?

Anyone under 18 who gets pregnant should be forced to have an abortion because having a baby pretty much ruins their life.

They can't have a proper education because they have to take care of the baby. Then, they will never have a good life because they will spend the rest of their life working some minimum wage convienence store job because they have no education.

But who am I? I'm just some dumbass teenager who doesn't know what he's talking about and you adults know everything. :roll:

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
RE: Girl pregnant....aged

Why is that your decision though? Why isn't that her decision?

I come from the school of thought that everyone is entitled to make decisions regarding their body. No one else should be able to make that decision for them.