This one's for Valentine's Day

GreenGreta
Ok, got my chickie here, good g/f of mine. She's got herself a pretty new man (about 3-4 months). She needs some Valentine's day ideas for the guy. She will even make something homemade if it's a good idea...

Come on you guys, time's a wastin.......

Curiosity
Morning GG

I never know what you are going to come up with and it's always fun.... your g/f is lucky to have you putting out the requests.

Mine is boring but it worked for years for me.... homemade cookies....from scratch.... Shortbread rolled really thin and buttery is good and each can be cut into a heart shape....

I know it's old fashioned but there are so many things a person can buy - even at the last minute...at least cookies take some time and planning and care and love.

GreenGreta
So far the coolest thing we have found is a flask that looks like a cell phone. But since dude doesn't drink....

I wouldn't want her to make cookies for him... MMM but you can make me some for Valentine's day...

I think not
How long has he been carrying that same wallet? If the answer is, "too long," consider replacing it with a smart-looking new one. And don't forget to slip a picture of you inside.

Curiosity
GG

You are a brat! No doubt about it....! :P

I hope some of the guys will answer...I'm not good at what guys want these days .... depends upon his taste.... CD or DVD will work and isn't too personal. Picture of her because there is time but maybe too soon for that. Gift certificate at a hardware store?

I have trouble making cookies for other people GG because I end up eating them myself as they finish baking!

missile
How about cooking him a special dinner? Nice candles and a good bottle of wine to set the mood. ah! love is in the air

I think not
I was going to recommend food and sex missile but I figured I would get something thrown at me

missile
Ah! But, my friend,sex and romance are two separate entities

I think not
They are?

manda
ITN, really...no wonder you're single

I think not
Hey, I'm all for romance. Just ask all my ex-girlfriends.

manda
Cute boyo, cute

GreenGreta
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

I was going to recommend food and sex missile but I figured I would get something thrown at me

There's a food and sex missile? Now that's a good gift idea.

Well so far, they have dinner plans at my favorite restaurant. Ok, one she hasn't lived here long, so she tends to eat at all my favorite restaurants.

I'm bad at Valentine's day. I think it sucks, I'm not a fan. I'd rather have flowers for no reason than because someone told the man to buy them. You know?

Anyhoo, thanks for the ideas, keep em comin.

Sassylassie
GreenGreta; I agree with you. There is so much pressure on the Male Species to perform geat feats of romantic hoo-ha.

GreenGreta
And they of course, blow it....

teehee, just kidding, men do ok..

the caracal kid
i prefer not to be bothered with such nonsense.

ignoring such ritualistic BS is the best approach.

FiveParadox
Aw ... Valentine's Day is so freakin' romantic!

I love the idea of home-cooked stuff for Valentine's day; quiet, candle-lit, and romantic ... love it! Whatever it is, make sure there is some sort memorable twist thrown in that way, he will never forget it.

GreenGreta
You single Caracal?

Well you gotta at least throw some half dead roses at the girl.

I'm happy to be single, it's cheaper.

Curiosity
Is Valentine's Day for men only?

I thought women were in on the gift giving too - buying their fav guy something nice.

Equality and all that.

Oh well I like what GG and Sassylassie said about being "told" to buy treats. We get enough of that pressure over Christmas.

"For no reason" gifts are the best surprises and I think they come from a nicer place than advertising gimmicks.

GG - sorry - I ate em all - only had salad for dinner and was hungry later...

GreenGreta
That's ok, you eat those cookies. I'll just turn into a hog once I start. Shortbread is my favorite, just ask cosmo. Oh, Cos, where's my recipe..... I was waiting until she "unpacked" after the move. Didn't you move a year ago Cos?

I think she should buy a bunch of the love hearts and pull out all the cute ones and decorate a heartshaped cake with them. Then, when he walks in the door... Throw it at his head.

Curiosity
Oh Oh GG is feisty today

Cosmo is like me - I unpack when I am looking for something I need... else everything can stay in boxes. Thinking seriously of
painting boxes to look pretty!

I hate moving and I hate unpacking more.

Have a good one GG - try to behave eh? :P

manda
Valentines thong underwear...to model for her, but caution...this is a gift for men with a nice ***, or who wear underwear only. Fellows with somewhat routund derriers get a little depressed squeezing into the thong

Sassylassie
Manda; my eyes-- my eyes-- I'm blind. Sorry, flash backs to a beach visit where the locals really like to wear Speedos. God that was a painful thing to see. I like the cake throwing idea, instead of baking a cake decorate a wooden plank with icing and you will get more bang for your buck.

GreenGreta

That's awesome. I'll use it for MY dates, but I think my friend actually likes hers.

Now to find a heartshaped piece of solid steel..... I mean plank.

GreenGreta
Quote: Originally Posted by Wednesday's Child

Oh Oh GG is feisty today

Cosmo is like me - I unpack when I am looking for something I need... else everything can stay in boxes. Thinking seriously of
painting boxes to look pretty!

I hate moving and I hate unpacking more.

Have a good one GG - try to behave eh? :P

Behave? Awwww, may as well just go back to bed then.

the caracal kid
Quote: Originally Posted by GreenGreta

You single Caracal?

Well you gotta at least throw some half dead roses at the girl.

I'm happy to be single, it's cheaper.

Not single.
Not in need of designated rituals for expression.

Expression is a part of life.
If the other is never taken for granted,
there is no need for a "special day"
for each day is special, in its own way.

I don't participate in any of the ritual celebrations, for a litnay of reasons. Birthdays, Anniversaries, civic holidays, "religious" holidays, traditional celebrations, etc. Life is in the moment, and that is what I recognize as important. It is all the becoming.

FiveParadox
I would agree with the premise of what you are saying, the caracal kid this is under the assumption, of course, that I understand what you are trying to say; sometimes you mask your meaning in poetry, verse, and metaphor. It's not a bad thing rather, I commend you for that; it makes you sound very romantic.

I would submit that each and every day should be Valentine's Day (or, at least, the spirit of what that day is supposed to represent); why should there be one designated day to express your love toward your partner, when you could (and many would, in my opinion) do so every day?

Roses, cards, romantic dinners, and the like, why are they limited to the fourteenth of this month? Why not keep the passionate candle burning the whole year 'round? Perhaps that is what Valentine's Day should represent to us a reminder of our love for our partners, and for each other, rather than acting as a "special" day for the expression of love.