Leaders, followers, and CREATORS.


Gordon J Torture
#1
The way I see it, there are only three basic types of people: leaders, followers, and creators.

Leaders lead, followers follow, but creators, they create the reasons why the leaders lead.


WHAT ARE YOU?
 
missile
#2
I disagree. The two classes of humanity are prey and predators.
 
Gordon J Torture
#3
Quote:

The two classes of humanity are prey and predators.

I personally, consider those the classes of life on earth, not humanity specifically.

There are so many different ways in modern humanity for one to become the prey or the predator. Thus, in reality, it would be hard to find anyone that is not a bit of both. Physically one might be prey, but he might be a genius and be able to totally wreck and torture the other guy's life. However, leaders, the type that always need to be in control, are almost always leaders, and followers the same, creators the same ...

Your point is cooler to say or to read I guess. Sounds real macho.
 
missile
#4
I'm of a certain type who hasn't any talent,has never been a leader, not much of a follower either. I'm just a survivor! I don't trust any leaders either.
 
Gordon J Torture
#5
You might be surprised. You may find, you are the type who get's "leaders" to do his bidding for him, and you just don't realize it yet.
 
Dexter Sinister
#6
There are two types of people: those who divide people into types, and those who don't.
 
Twila
#7
For me it depends on what 'it" is. I've been known to follow, I've been known to lead and I've been known to ignore it all and go with my own creation........

I think most humans are this way. I can't imagine someone following all the time.................
 
Gordon J Torture
#8
People's main personality types usually tend to side with mostly one of the three. Most followers, do not actually know they are followers of course, but most leaders realize they need to be in control.
 
Twila
#9
unless your a parent, in which case you can never be mostly 1, you have to be all 3 equally
 
Derry McKinney
#10
What about destroyers?
 
Twila
#11
Destoryers of what? Hope? that'd be beaucracy.
 
Gordon J Torture
#12
Quote:

you have to be all 3 equally

A very small percentage of people have the discipline to be that balanced. It is a very unlikely phenomenon, even though many people like to believe they are all three equally.
 
Derry McKinney
#13
Just destroyers in general, Twila. The official vandals of our society.
 
Gordon J Torture
#14
Quote:

Just destroyers in general, Twila. The official vandals of our society.

Destroyers (vandals) are actually Creators. By destroying, they are actually creating.

(Obviously blowing up the entire planet is not creating )
 
Derry McKinney
#15
I don't agree, Gordon. Many destroyers have no intention of replacing what they destroy with anything else. Their goal is simply to destroy what the find threatening or untoward.
 
Gordon J Torture
#16
They are not the ones that do the replacing Derry. And try not to think materialistically. Circumstance can be created, reason can be created, motive can be created, passion can be created, etc.

Those vandals will have created a transient reality for numerous police officers.
 
Twila
#17
So I guess that answers your question, Derry. the destroyers are creators............thank fully their not leaders........
 
Derry McKinney
#18
I didn't mean material destroyers at all, Gordon. Any idiot can break a window, after all...it should not earn them a title.
 
Gordon J Torture
#19
Quote:

So I guess that answers your question, Derry. the destroyers are creators............thank fully their not leaders

Like I said, Creators create the reasons why leaders lead



Quote:

I didn't mean material destroyers at all, Gordon. Any idiot can break a window, after all...it should not earn them a title.

It still doesn't matter, it is still the same. Destruction leads to creation.
 
Derry McKinney
#20
I don't think that destruction leads to creation at all. I think that destruction is a first and necessary step to creation, but that in no way means that destruction is necessarily a step to creation.

There are many who destroy without creating...let's call them conservatives, just for kicks. The wake of their destruction may leave a place for creation to take place, but at the same time the action of their destruction discourages creativity. They destroy only out of personal greed and look on activity that does not supply that greed in a material way as something to be discouraged or destroyed.
 
Gordon J Torture
#21
Derry, creation may not be the intent at all but that is irrelevent. Creation is what destruction inevitably leads to one way or the other. The destoryer may never even have any knowledge of it, but it does not matter. Without destruction leading to creation, there would be no balance, thus, there would be no humans because of the too much destruction/too little creation ratio.

Every act of destruction leads to waves of creation, in the forms of either materials, actions, thoughts, or emotions, and interactions, and not because the "destoryer" intended it.

It's the balance of the universe.
 
Derry McKinney
#22
That does not make destruction a positive force though. Creation also builds on the work of others, and if that work (or those others) are destroyed, then creation is hampered.
 
Gordon J Torture
#23
The destruction itself is not positive Dery. It is an infinite cycle of positive and negative. A huge negative explosion, will produce positive waves. Eventually one thing leads to another and another and now there is a positive force, a huge positive explosion will produce negative waves, eg. (As a people become free, the people who formerly had control become more filled with rage then ever)one thing progressively leads over years to another and another and now back to where we started.
 
Derry McKinney
#24
But destruction is being used to keep the detroyers in power or to gain them power. The only thing that creates is rage.
 
Azalie
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Gordon J Torture

Quote:

The two classes of humanity are prey and predators.

I personally, consider those the classes of life on earth, not humanity specifically.

There are so many different ways in modern humanity for one to become the prey or the predator. Thus, in reality, it would be hard to find anyone that is not a bit of both. Physically one might be prey, but he might be a genius and be able to totally wreck and torture the other guy's life. However, leaders, the type that always need to be in control, are almost always leaders, and followers the same, creators the same ...

Your point is cooler to say or to read I guess. Sounds real macho.

Humans are not the only animals which can be both prey and predator, but we may be a bit unusual in that we predate upon our own species, yet not for consumption. Other omnivores, however, will often be predators for smaller herbivores or insects, yet be prey to larger carnivores such as wolves.

I think predator and prey are valid categories for the humans.
 
Azalie
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Gordon J Torture

Quote:

Just destroyers in general, Twila. The official vandals of our society.

Destroyers (vandals) are actually Creators. By destroying, they are actually creating.

(Obviously blowing up the entire planet is not creating ;))

I think he means people who are spreading anarchy and chaos for the hell of it. Some consider themselves to be Discordians, but that's a completely different kettle of fish. I see people like that as assisting entropy along its natural course.

Also, if you blow up an entire planet, you are creating many many little bits of planet matter. :P
 
Vanni Fucci
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Azalie

Quote: Originally Posted by Gordon J TortureQuote: The two classes of humanity are prey and predators.I personally, consider those the classes of life on earth, not humanity specifically.
There are so many different ways in modern humanity for one to become the prey or the predator. Thus, in reality, it would be hard to find anyone that is not a bit of both. Physically one might be prey, but he might be a genius and be able to totally wreck and torture the other guy's life. However, leaders, the type that always need to be in control, are almost always leaders, and followers the same, creators the same ...
Your point is cooler to say or to read I guess. Sounds real macho.Humans are not the only animals which can be both prey and predator, but we may be a bit unusual in that we predate upon our own species, yet not for consumption. Other omnivores, however, will often be predators for smaller herbivores or insects, yet be prey to larger carnivores such as wolves.
I think predator and prey are valid categories for the humans.

Quote has been trimmed
...and then there's the noble armadillo, neither predator nor prey... :P
 
Azalie
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Gordon J Torture

It's the balance of the universe.

Actually, there is no balance to the universe. Everything is in a constant process of deteriorating from order to chaos. In physics, this is commonly referred to as entropy. Anything that is created will ultimately be destroyed, even if it is not acted upon by any living entity.

www.rfcafe.com/references/gen...odynamics.html (external - login to view)

"Entropy—that is, the disorder—of an isolated system can never decrease. Therefore, when an isolated system achieves a configuration of maximum entropy, it can no longer undergo change (it has reached equilibrium)."

This wasn't the best site for the definition of the second law of thermodynamics, but it was the most clear. What this also proves is that, not only is everything slowly being destroyed, but that at the state where everything has been dematerialised, there will not be a chance for any creation. Entropy is always increasing and has an upper limit. You cannot create order once entropy has been maximised.

Thus, not every form of destruction will result in creation.
 
Derry McKinney
#29
Quote:

I think he means people who are spreading anarchy and chaos for the hell of it.

No. Actually I mean neo-conservatives.

Anarchists have a very definite worldview that requires the destruction of society so that a better, more cooperative, society can form. Neo-conservative just break **** and pick pennies out of the shards of glass.

edited to put the letters in the right order.
 
Azalie
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanni Fucci

...and then there's the noble armadillo, neither predator nor prey... :P

www.tpwd.state.tx.us/nature/w...mals/dillo.htm (external - login to view)

"The Nine-banded Armadillo is a cat-sized, armored, insect-eating mammal."

The Armadillo preys on insects. :) It's a predator, mate.
 

Similar Threads

0
Where Have All The Leaders Gone?
by Cannuck | Nov 17th, 2009
24
The Leaders
by DasFX | Dec 14th, 2005
no new posts