All things Chomsky


Twila
#1
In case some of you (and you know who you are! ) were unaware of this site. I was.

www.chomskytorrents.org/Torrents.php (external - login to view)
 
Jay
#2
Chomsky is getting to be an ol' man these days...I saw him on the tube not too long ago.
 
Twila
#3
No kidding! He has liver spots and is starting to look more gnome like. He's actually resembling my grandfather
 
Jay
#4
Noam the gnome....I kinda like the way it sounds....
 
Twila
#5
who knew gnomes could be so smart. I swear that my family must have mixed it up with dwarves. My dad and I have the most dwarve like big toes.

I have no idea where that came from. But I know if I hold it in it will turn.......
 
Jay
#6
 
I think not
#7
Chomsky has a noble purpose, he can cure insomnia by listening to his blather for more than 3 minutes. :P

The Adventures of Noam Chomsky (external - login to view)
 
Hard-Luck Henry
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Chomsky has a noble purpose, he can cure insomnia by listening to his blather for more than 3 minutes. :P

The Adventures of Noam Chomsky (external - login to view)

Well you break his record, I Think Not. By about three minutes. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz


Nice link, though.
 
I think not
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Hard-Luck Henry

Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Chomsky has a noble purpose, he can cure insomnia by listening to his blather for more than 3 minutes. :P

The Adventures of Noam Chomsky (external - login to view)

Well you break his record, I Think Not. By about three minutes. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Ah, see what happens Henry, you listen to Chomsky too much and everyone with a different opinion now puts you to sleep

He's so effective, he makes Hitler's propaganda machine look like an infomercial


Nice link, though.

 
Jay
#10
"Nice link, though."


I was just reading some it, rather funny.
 
peapod
#11
I like bigH answer much better than the link. Ah...bigh what a guy...my hero
 
I think not
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

I like bigH answer much better than the link. Ah...bigh what a guy...my hero

Moderator! Moderator! Personal Attack! Ah nevermind, peapod IS a moderator. :P
 
peapod
#13
personal attack, how do you figure that...I am just gushing on bigh's wit. But please report it to andem if you feel that I have personally attacked you. I was simply commenting on bigh's post.
 
I think not
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by peapod

personal attack, how do you figure that...I am just gushing on bigh's wit. But please report it to andem if you feel that I have personally attacked you. I was simply commenting on bigh's post.

Ah yes, reporting to Andem has helped in the past, besides I was being humorous, hence the :P
 
peapod
#15
Of course I knew that already think...that you are humorous I mean...
 
Twila
#16
well I for one have enjoyed what Chomsky has said. But to each his own. This is why we have our choice of colours.

I also found the documentaries about segregation very interesting. I remember watching Eye on the Prize with my father when I was young.

If you can get past your chomsky issue you may see it's not ALL his propaganda.

I have no idea how to word that so it doesn't sound quite so...offensive. I don't mean offense. I've yet to figure out how to make it neutral sounding.....
 
I think not
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

well I for one have enjoyed what Chomsky has said. But to each his own. This is why we have our choice of colours.

I also found the documentaries about segregation very interesting. I remember watching Eye on the Prize with my father when I was young.

If you can get past your chomsky issue you may see it's not ALL his propaganda.

Hmmm, look up his up close and personal meeting with the benevolent human rights activist "Fidel Castro" and then, watch his documentary "Distorted Morality", in that order, you may have a different opinion of him after that. I'll say nothing more, not to influence.
 
Jay
#18
I think Chomsky was the one who brought the Trilateral Commission to light....
 
I think not
#19
"brought to light" suggests, he uncovered a plot or conspiracy. That's what he allegedly excels in.
 
Twila
#20
Except that being canadian I must be communist because I have no hate on for Fidel Castro....

I know it's not fashionable to feel nothing for Mr. Castro. I know that it flies in the face of the US's policy's but.....
 
I think not
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

Except that being canadian I must be communist because I have no hate on for Fidel Castro....

Eh? No, this is about Chomsky , not Fidel.

I know it's not fashionable to feel nothing for Mr. Castro. I know that it flies in the face of the US's policy's but.....

Read Above.

 
Jay
#22
As long as you don't like him......
 
Jay
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

"brought to light" suggests, he uncovered a plot or conspiracy. That's what he allegedly excels in.


I think that the Commission wasn't widely known to even exist.
 
I think not
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

As long as you don't like him......

Well true, I don't, and the reason I don't is because I did what I suggested Twila do.
 
I think not
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

"brought to light" suggests, he uncovered a plot or conspiracy. That's what he allegedly excels in.


I think that the Commission wasn't widely known to even exist.

I don't believe you are accurate but I could be wrong. I know eveybody knew about it in 1976 when Carter was elected. I don't recall when it was founded however.
 
Twila
#26
you said
" look up his up close and personal meeting with the benevolent human rights activist "Fidel Castro" and then, watch his documentary "Distorted Morality", in that order, you may have a different opinion of him after that. I'll say nothing more, not to influence."

To which I said:
"Except that being canadian I must be communist because I have no hate on for Fidel Castro.... "

then you said:
"Eh? No, this is about Chomsky , not Fidel. "

To which I say:
If we're not talking about fidel and chomsky then what are we talking about, eh?
 
Jay
#27
I may not be OLD enough to remember that.....
 
I think not
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

I may not be OLD enough to remember that.....

LOL, nice try Jay, I meant I remember reading about it. :P
 
I think not
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

you said
" look up his up close and personal meeting with the benevolent human rights activist "Fidel Castro" and then, watch his documentary "Distorted Morality", in that order, you may have a different opinion of him after that. I'll say nothing more, not to influence."

To which I said:
"Except that being canadian I must be communist because I have no hate on for Fidel Castro.... "

then you said:
"Eh? No, this is about Chomsky , not Fidel. "

To which I say:
If we're not talking about fidel and chomsky then what are we talking about, eh?

We're talking about Chomsky, Twilla. I said, read about Chomskys enccounter with Fidel Castro and what they talked about and then watch Chomsky's documentary "Distorted Morality"

Better?
 
Twila
#30
yes much. I have slow moments (obviously) especially when the thread becomes conveluted and weird. Which this one definatley has.

I understood what you said about which order and what. What confused me was the we're not talking about fidel when clearly we are.
 

Similar Threads

12
Chomsky on World Ownership
by darkbeaver | Jan 30th, 2008
36
Chomsky & dangerous wounded predators
by darkbeaver | Mar 9th, 2007
25
Noam Chomsky
by I think not | Apr 6th, 2006
17
Any Chomsky Fans Out There?
by Vanni Fucci | Aug 23rd, 2005
0
Noam Chomsky: Imperial Presidency
by moghrabi | Dec 18th, 2004
no new posts