spork

Apr 23, 2005
C*A*L*G*A*R*Y
going rate
$10 for 200g + lighter

$20 for 200cigs + lighter

any better deals than this, and oh,

ps:
kinda miss that old frank, although not so much the big time bay street incarnation

..........spork :)

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
Re: RE: underground canadian cigs

Andem said:
20$ for a carton sounds sweet. Right now they go for around 60$ at Costco :S

Thats cheap. here it is closer to 80$.

You can get those number 7 presto packs for about$ 60 with all taxes included but regular tailor mades are 78-85 depending where you go.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
spork said:
going rate
$10 for 200g + lighter

$20 for 200cigs + lighter

any better deals than this, and oh,

ps:
kinda miss that old frank, although not so much the big time bay street incarnation

..........spork :)

Cigarettes are too cheap if you ask me. They should tax the hell out of them, that way people will not smoke. Or if they feel that is a violation of rights, they should implement a nation wide smoking ban in public places and then affend OHIP or whatever it is in each province saying that the government will not pay for problems purposely inflicted on oneself.

Private insurance companies don't pay out for suicide, why should public insurance?

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
Re: RE: underground canadian

Reverend Blair said:
Trust me Das...those people who were going to quit because of the high price did so long ago.

Make it higher, it can't be that expensive, go to any high school and see how many folks smoke.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: underground canadian

Compare that to 25 years ago when everybody smoked everywhere all of the time. I went to the only high school in Regina that didn't have an indoor smoking room.

Raising the prices already made everybody that was going quit because of the price quit. At this point you are punishing people who still smoke.

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario

Reverend Blair said:
Compare that to 25 years ago when everybody smoked everywhere all of the time. I went to the only high school in Regina that didn't have an indoor smoking room.

Raising the prices already made everybody that was going quit because of the price quit. At this point you are punishing people who still smoke.

Then they should forfeit their rights to free medical care (for diseases associated with smoking). Why should I pay if they knowingly and continuously poison themselves?

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario

Reverend Blair said:
The tax money already taken in more than covers it. Smokers tend to die rather quickly, no point in lingering.

It isn't only the cost, but the strain on medical resources.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
:D Everybody enjoys underground smokes from time to time, just look at the one who thinks that "American consumers will get their fine cigars and their cheap sugar, but at the cost of our national honor"

:lol: Just support your local Reserve!