Sex with teen boys wouldn’t have been a crime if she wasn’t their teacher, cops say

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Sex with teen boys wouldn’t have been a crime if she wasn’t their teacher, cops say
Postmedia Network
First posted: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 01:58 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 02:12 PM EDT
A Georgia teacher is in hot water after allegedly having sex several times with two male students.
Laura Rich, 38, who worked as a substitute teacher at an alternative school, the Ace Academy in Canton, Ga., between January 2015 and August of this year, was charged Friday with several counts of sexual assault by a teacher, news channel WSB-TV reports.
It is alleged that on several occasions, Rich invited the boys - a 16-year-old and 18-year-old - to her suburban home in Acworth for sex in 2015.
And although the two students were legally of age at the time in Georgia, her occupation made it illegal.
“It’s the relationship she had as teacher-student that made it a crime,” Cherokee County sheriff’s office Lt. Jay Baker said.
The school released a statement saying that it has severed all ties with the teacher.
“She no longer is permitted to work as a substitute teacher in CCSD. Our school district has zero tolerance for inappropriate relationships between students and any adults serving in any capacity in our schools,” the Cherokee County School District said.
Laura Rich is pictured in this YouTube screen grab.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=boYCWiu3vVM
Sex with teen boys wouldn’t have been a crime if she wasn’t their teacher, cops

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The US has large ex pat communities in most of the countries it has invaded
and as luck would have it those places are now largely empty of the original people who lived there
send then there

...of course if you are a page...you are sh!t out of luck
you'll have to shelter in place

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
What's the age of consent? 12, 14, ? Whatever it is, wouldn't it apply to both sexes?
A woman who has sex with teenage boys is more like an animal in heat than a woman. 'Cock-a-doodle=doo; Any cock'll do'.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Especially one has to wonder about people who aren't smart enough to take their peccadillos way away from the nest...
or Job that pays for the nest;
should people that dumb be teaching children?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What's the age of consent? 12, 14, ? Whatever it is, wouldn't it apply to both sexes?
Sixteen in Georgia.

Did you read the article? It said the sex would have been legal but for her position.

A woman who has sex with teenage boys is more like an animal in heat than a woman. 'Cock-a-doodle=doo; Any cock'll do'.
All us former teenage boys're eternally grateful. But don't let that stop you from judging now, hear?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
the sex would have been legal but for her position.
lol
should have stuck to the missionary position
possibly in a heathen country where there are less mores

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Anybody do a followup to see how they made out later in life compared to the boys that were repeatedly raped by Priests and other figures of authority?? I'm thinking all smile a bit more for no real apparent reason.

lol
should have stuck to the missionary position
possibly in a heathen country where there are less mores
Disclaimer: This is a joke and it was told to me as a joke, a laugh and/or a frown is a suitable reply.

The Sheriff comes across the School teacher tied to a tree and she had obviously been violated. She sees the badge and starts to tank him for arriving as the 12 men who passed by earlier just took advantage of her and kept going. The first words the Sheriff says is, "Well Mame I can see this just isn't your day.' as he reaches for his belt to his trousers. (enter emotion here)

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
lol, I remember that movie
we used to skip school to go to the movies
nuns you know?...no funnie there.

I do have a buddy though, now a postie, who married our grade 4 french teacher 14 years later
she was a part timer and naught a nun

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
The issue is that parents can't watch their kids all the time, so you trust they are not being preyed upon in school by their teacher. My boys always found a way to be with girls. I got a call once from a teacher saying one of my boy had been caught kissing a girl in a closet at the school! Well, they liked each other, but they were both grade 6, man oh man!! Anyway, they are great friends today. I'm sure both boys and girls find ways to experiment, whether at parties or hanging out, and that is okay with me, as long as they don't go to far and get into trouble. Having sex with a 15 + year older teacher is an issue for me though. NO NO NO, that is crossing the line. These boys should have learned the art of sex with someone in their age group; someone with the same level of experience and mentality as them. Later on, when they are older, they can experiment with whomever they want.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I don't see it as a matter of religion or even law, for that matter. It's a matter of morals.
There's something off-kilter about an adult who can't resist sex with a child.
If a person uses sex merely as a personal gratification and doesn't acknowledge and deeper meaning or a responsibility, that person has an emotional maturity lack.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Yet you support a guy who has openly spoke of how he'd be dating his daughter and groped her butt in front of millions on TV

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
What can I say? Wish I had a had a hot teacher who put out in high school. There was a couple whom the guys would fantasize about but none that were...ummm..willing to indulge.

I did have a quick fling with one of the secretaries a few years later (she was only 5 years older) but never did get a teacher. I also had a 28 year old girlfriend when I was 18 which was fantastic til her kid called me 'daddy'...and gone!

My guess, having been a teenage boy, is that these kids were more than willing and do not feel at all used or abused but in fact feel like lucky stars. She appears to be reasonably good looking and I imagine they have a few new tricks for the girls at school to learn.

I could understand if they were 12 or 14 but at 18 there should not be an issue if both are consenting.

Yet you support a guy who has openly spoke of how he'd be dating his daughter and groped her butt in front of millions on TV

I would grope her butt too! Maybe even date her for a weekend ;-)