Justin Trudeau: Legal concealed carry permits in Canada.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Justine Trudeau: Legal concealed carry permits in Canada.

The terrorists in Paris reloaded their weapons, over and over, and not one person fired back. They have no right to keep and bear arms in France. No law abiding citizen was able to step up to stop the violence. The same attack could happen here in Canada. Law abiding citizens are barred from carrying a firearm in Canada. Therefore, in light of the above, I call on Justin Trudeau to issue an executive order defining the meaning of justifiable need adding self defense as a justifiable need to carry a firearm. The simple action by Justin Trudeau of defining self defense as "justifiable need" will allow the citizens of Canada the ability to defend themselves and their families, as well as those around them, from any type of deadly attack.

https://www.change.org/p/justin-tru...ish&utm_term=des-lg-share_petition-reason_msg

Frankiedoodle

Electoral Member
Aug 21, 2015
Saskatchewan
How often do the police miss the person they are shooting at. I wonder what mayhem would happen in a crowd if everyone pulled out their guns and started shooting. I don't like squashing an idea when I don't have a viable alternative. There must be an idea better than giving everyone a gun.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
How often do the police miss the person they are shooting at. I wonder what mayhem would happen in a crowd if everyone pulled out their guns and started shooting. I don't like squashing an idea when I don't have a viable alternative. There must be an idea better than giving everyone a gun.

Not too worry, Frankie...........not going to happen in Canada........most especially not under the Liberals. Boomer's best and only chance came and went with the Conservatives and even they never considered the idea as far as I know.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Sounds good in theory, and might become necessary in the future, but right not, no way man, we don't need guns. We already have pockets of area's smuggling them in and using them to kill each other, I say, let's keep it that way for now.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
"Might become necessary in the future"? Under what circumstances? If the post-apocaliptic nightmare that was the United States spills over into this country to trash it, as well?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Chickens from Soviet Canuckistan.
Considering your odds of being the victim of a violent crime on any given day in Canada are literally a 0.0005% chance, it's going to be hard to justify your position. In fact, claiming the need for self-defence is the one way to fast-track your application straight to file 13, unless of course you can demonstrate an actual need. Canada does hand out conceal carry permits, however they've only handed out about 50 of them over the years to those who were able to prove they had an actual need.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I dont see that happening. Even if the Conservatives had won the last election.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Guns for the purpose they are intended are fine but having everyone armed is not
the best for the Canadian society. As for us being lesser of a society nonsense we
can actually solve the problems we face with law enforcement. Imagine if all the
people in Paris had guns? First the bad guys would have been dead got ya and
you are right. In a large crowd many can't see who is shooting so they all would
have been shooting and the death toll would have been higher. There were those
who wanted revenge so when people found out there was a shooting they would
have made targets of others
We allow some people the privilege not a right a privilege to have have guns and
we should keep it that way

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Guns for the purpose they are intended are fine

Hand guns have only one fundamental design criterion. They are designed to kill human beings at close range. There is no other intended purpose for them. Long guns have all sorts of legitimate practical uses. I personally am familiar with them as a tool of agriculture, for example. Automatic weapons are designed for and should be restricted to the use of the military. Even they have a wider range of uses than a hand gun. Indirect fire, for example, is meant to restrict movement, not to chew people to hamburger (unless they don't understand the restrictions to their movement).

Anyway, the ubiquitous handgun that the Americans fill up their lives with have no business being in the hands of anyone but security professionals, police and the military. There is no other legitimate use for them.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Guns for the purpose they are intended are fine but having everyone armed is not
the best for the Canadian society. As for us being lesser of a society nonsense we
can actually solve the problems we face with law enforcement. Imagine if all the
people in Paris had guns? First the bad guys would have been dead got ya and
you are right. In a large crowd many can't see who is shooting so they all would
have been shooting and the death toll would have been higher. There were those
who wanted revenge so when people found out there was a shooting they would
have made targets of others
We allow some people the privilege not a right a privilege to have have guns and
we should keep it that way
Of course you are allowed the privilege .

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The author of the petition must be misinformed. The Authorizations to Carry Restricted Firearms and Certain Handguns Regulations, under the Firearms Act, already includes "the circumstances in which an individual needs restricted firearms or prohibited handguns to protect the life of that individual or other individuals" (s. 2), and that includes when "the life of that individual, or other individuals, is in imminent danger from one or more other individuals" (s. 2(a)).

There is also already enough discretion for a chief firearms officer under s. 4 of the Regulations to authorize individuals to carry. What the petitioner wants is a free-for-all, not a responsible and safety-focused carry control strategy.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

There is. It is keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals and terrorists. Since the police are obviously incapable or unwilling to do this simple task it is only right that law abiding citizens are able to defend themselves.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
There is. It is keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals and terrorists. Since the police are obviously incapable or unwilling to do this simple task it is only right that law abiding citizens are able to defend themselves.

The biggest source of these weapons, is by far, the U.S. border. Perhaps, we should have greater restrictions coming and going over that border, considering the threat to our society that widespread gun smuggling represents. Register every American who crosses.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I have had firearms my entire life, that includes handguns. My children have also continued that dedication as have my grandchildren, however, they do not live in a city with the terrified whiners.
There have been zero problems or incidents with firearms in our family in over 200 years other than killing some Japs, Germans and Koreans, but of course we are all "conbots" as flossy calls us. Sadly he is not aware of whom has long protected his sorry left wing azz.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I have had firearms my entire life, that includes handguns. My children have also continued that dedication as have my grandchildren, however, they do not live in a city with the terrified whiners.
There have been zero problems or incidents with firearms in our family in over 200 years other than killing some Japs, Germans and Koreans, but of course we are all "conbots" as flossy calls us. Sadly he is not aware of whom has long protected his sorry left wing azz.

Why do you have hand guns? For what purpose?