Election Results are in Justin Trudeau is the new Prime Minister

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Meh, oh well shjt happens.... thought I make AnalFloss happy tonight.. :lol:

Seems that advance polls and voting, looks like it's a Liberal win.. BooHoo.. :-(

Prime Minister Trudeau? Ipsos poll suggests Liberal win, but margin of victory hinges on turnout - National | Globalnews.ca

Personally I guessing he has won the election... must be the hair.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
No hopes up here, I actually predicted a Conservative majority lol

When you've been a Leafs fan you tend to assume the worst

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am not a Liberal but it is conceivable the Libs will get a majority
People are angry and they want rid of the present government.
Any bets the TPP is not going to be gone for in parliament and now
the Americans ain't sure either anymore. Let us stand up and look
after our own interests. Yes I agree with trade deals but not ones
that give power to companies or foreign governments over the
interest of our own country and its workers.
Back to the drawing board. The extra long campaign is going to
benefit Trudeau who knew eh?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I have learned a long time ago that people are stupid. They love to be fed the lovely lies that the Liberals are so good at crafting. "We hate the GST". "We have a red book". "I'm Kathy Wynn". Then they get in, swindle the country out of a whole bunch of money then eventually get removed. Then cycle repeats. But at least he has nice hair.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If Justin gets in with a minority, he will saddle up to the Cons before he does with the NDPeep. C-51 win go unchanged, TPP will go through and pipelines will get pushed through, no action will take place on the climate change front and the Cons won't let him legalize pot. Con or Lib win means nothing will change. People are stupid.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If Justin gets in with a minority, he will saddle up to the Cons before he does with the NDPeep. C-51 win go unchanged, TPP will go through and pipelines will get pushed through, no action will take place on the climate change front and the Cons won't let him legalize pot. Con or Lib win means nothing will change. People are stupid.

Cons and Libs will not work together. I can see the Cons working with both parties in a minority -- he has done it before -- but can't see them working if not in the drivers seat. NDP will work with Libs in this case. A minority will be good as it usually means a chance to change the results in 2 years rather than 4.

right to left

Oct 14, 2015
Hamilton
According to CBC's favourite analyst - Eric Grenier, it's a longshot for Justin to win a majority government. And I hope it doesn't happen either! The Liberal Party tends to be the mystery meat of politics....you never know what you're going to get after they form a government. They can move from left to right and back again....but at least their not the northern branch of the Republican Party...otherwise known as Harper Conservatives!

In my riding - the newly redrawn Hamilton West - Ancaster - Dundas riding, it started as a three way race, but three weeks ago, it started becoming obvious that the large anti-Harper vote decided to break for the Liberals, and now the Liberal candidate has put it out of reach with a more than 23 point lead over the Con candidate....so, now that I feel safe that a Conservative flunkie won't win here, I can safely cast a spoiler vote for the Green Party and bump up their total a little bit more.

If Harper loses...as expected by every pollster...he has only himself to blame, since he outstrategized himself with his games of divide and conquer. I am noticing that to my south - the riding of Haldimand-Norfolk...a safe Conservative riding in almost every federal and provincial election is hotly contested with the Liberal candidate holding a slight 2.5 point lead. I'll be interested in the details if it does break for the Libs, since there is a large Six Nations community in that riding, and we've been hearing about many natives across Canada intending to vote for the first time because of Harper's scapegoating of natives....we'll see what happens tonight.

NO, even though Justin Trudeau won't likely do anything bold or outrageous like stop the damn pipeline building or that even worse trade pact, there's no way in hell he's going to form any kind of alliance with Harper! That would be political suicide; and now that he's in it, I'm sure he's planning on a long career in politics.

From what I've seen, the big difference between the Liberals and Conservatives is that the Liberals are still a big-tent party that tries to grab as many potential votes as possible, while Harper's reformulated Conservative Party follows the strategy of their Republican brethren to our south: concentrating on core conservative voting blocks...older, whiter, largely male voters, small business, farmers etc., while they ignore much of the urban vote....recall from the last election they refer to young working women as "Zoeys" and tag them as one of the voting blocks to ignore.

This may have been a big part of the reason why the Harpercons were so enamoured with trying to restrict and reduce the size of the voting public. If you're going to concentrate on a traditional conservative voting base that's slowly shrinking in size, the only way you can win elections (aside from outright fraud) is to try to reduce the size of the undesired voting blocks that have turned against you.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Wanna bet $20 buck on it.. Justin Trudeau is the new Prime Minister of Canada in 28 hours. Do you have $20 to lose?

Hell I'd bet a paycheque that he wont be. I'd win on a technicality. Even if he wins the election he wont be PM for another few weeks. :p

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
The polls are often wrong and they are again. It will be just like in the UK in May, a conservative majority.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
it doesn't matter which doofus wins...we'll be having the exact same arguments, ad hominems and sh!tty memes until they get chucked out again.

those that vote against harper (not the conservatives as such) know damn well they are not voting for the better party.

they vote with emotion and no gray matter. they vote out of spite, ignorance, whatever. they know. and they don't care. low information voters will do this.

the safest thing for Canada is that shiny pony gets minority keys to the shop so he can't fukk it up too badly.