75 is good age to die?

Canbyte

Time Out
Feb 23, 2011
Southern Ontario
Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel says 75 is a good age for him to die. In fact, he believes we would be doing society and loved ones a favour by doing the same.
"A good life is not just about stacking up the years and living as long as possible. People need to focus on quality of life," he says. "Setting an actual date for a good time to die helps you focus on what is important in your life."

This approacher to 86 disagrees. I would really miss reding the views of others and posting bits of my own.

Last edited:

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I imagine I'd like it to be in some kind of glorious fashion. If I get the chance.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel says 75 is a good age for him to die. In fact, he believes we would be doing society and loved ones a favour by doing the same.
"A good life is not just about stacking up the years and living as long as possible. People need to focus on quality of life," he says. "Setting an actual date for a good time to die helps you focus on what is important in your life."

This approacher to 86 disagrees. I would really miss reding the views of others and posting bits of my own.

Why should age be a criteria? Age does NOT cause death. Failing essential organs do. Therein should lie the criteria.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Why should age be a criteria? Age does NOT cause death. Failing essential organs do. Therein should lie the criteria.

Also depends on how much money canada spends on keeping those vital organs working.

I think he is saying. After 75 don't spend 3 million on each patient keeping vital organs working?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
At one point, humans will have the ability to 3d print vital organs. Will have to print cannuck a brain. :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
All that is said so far seems to summarize to being able to die when the fun part is less than the living part.
Hasn't the "fun part" always been less than the living part? (Depending of course on what you call "living"!:) )

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Is everything left/right for you?

His life, his body and his choice. Doesnt really matter to me when he dies.
You don't know who this man, Emanuel, is. He wants this for everyone.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Only Fools and Horses

Uncle Albert: "My father lived till he was 81."

Del Boy: "81. There you go. That's a good age."

Uncle Abert: "It weren't for him. He died!"