Blackleaf for you

B00Mer
+2

Memories of those imperialist days

captain morgan
+3
I like it!.. Shows that Britian is kinda like the pasty, feeble kid brother that Canada and the US has protected all these years

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

I like it!.. Shows that Britian is kinda like the pasty, feeble kid brother that Canada and the US has protected all these years

It is amazing the reach and influence they once had though...

wwwyoutubecomwatchvbWedTbuAtR4

captain morgan
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

No doubt, but that was many, many years ago.

Only people like Blackie regale in the successes of yesteryear.. They need that as a nice diversion from the realities of today

Zipperfish
I can't blame Blackie. England is depressing these days. I know quite a few ex-pats. They don;t even like goign back to visit.

SLM
+6
#6  Top Rated Post
It's not Britain nor the "glories of the British Empire" that everyone has a problem with. It's the unparalleled arrogance and unending negativity and criticism towards everyone and anyone else that people object to when it comes to Blackleaf.

If you have to put someone down everytime you need to talk yourself up, that speaks to glaring self-esteem issues. In all honesty he should be pitied then ignored. In that order.

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

It's not Britain nor the "glories of the British Empire" that everyone has a problem with. It's the unparalleled arrogance and unending negativity and criticism towards everyone and anyone else that people object to when it comes to Blackleaf.

If you have to put someone down everytime you need to talk yourself up, that speaks to glaring self-esteem issues. In all honesty he should be pitied then ignored. In that order.

The crappy weather, crappy food and crappy economy have a lot to do with it as well.

... Oh, and the pretend navy is another thing

SLM
+3

The crappy weather, crappy food and crappy economy have a lot to do with it as well.

... Oh, and the pretend navy is another thing

For someone with such a low opinion of Canadians and Americans he sure does spend an awful lot of time with us doesn't he?

captain morgan
+1

For someone with such a low opinion of Canadians and Americans he sure does spend an awful lot of time with us doesn't he?

Probably hoping that some kind of bennie will rub off on him.

SLM

Probably hoping that some kind of bennie will rub off on him.

He should be so lucky.

B00Mer
+1

Yes but they have Bond, James Bond...

They have MI5 or MI6 which is also know as SIS or in Canada CSIS

captain morgan
+1

Yes but they have Bond, James Bond...

They have MI5 or MI6 which is also know as SIS or in Canada CSIS

Connery is the best Bond ever.

He's Scottish and not British, right?

Locutus
Never ate a man crisp in his life either.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Never ate a man crisp in his life either.

Glad to say I never ATE a man either, a few women sure...

JLM

He needs a shrink, he's delusional.

lone wolf
+1
He's probably laughing every time he posts bait.... Never a one-that-got-away

JLM
+1

Connery is the best Bond ever.

He's Scottish and not British, right?

Last I heard, Britain includes Scotland! -

MHz
The map of Canada should show an increase of the European scallywags along the water accesses and centering on Ottawa in general but not exclusively.
WTF did they ever do in Baffin Island other than stay there long enough to actually follow there instincts to be someplace else entirely?

Give us the details of the drunken night they came up with the dividing line for India and Pakistan?

Were the 'pirates of the 7 seas the first OBL and 'the gang by any other name'?
If it works once why not 1,000 times eh? Even you know a good liar can change the lie when needed. To think up a flawless plan on the spot from start to finish is not something the best could do so that it fooled everybody.
Take a loaf of bread and win a trip to Australia, whether you want to or not. The shanghaied ones were the lucky ones as they could work for their passage and have a choice of what port they got off on if not offered a full time job with the boat.

I almost hate to ask what improvements you would be willing to put on the table if you had to do it all again for the good of the world?

Lets say the swamps in Canada were the open air prison. dry areas could be dropped food and in summer the water and the bugs would prevent escape and in the winter it is 1,000,s of sq miles where you can not see further than 500meters at any one time before the maze looks down another 500m stretch. What would the false flyer say for that 'trip'? (just want to make sure you haven't changed the style that you write treaties in)

In closing do you know why Franki Howard and Monty Python were so popular, not that it was poking fun at the Brits it was that were so many things that there were to poke fun at. I doubt you have clued into that aspect even yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Last I heard, Britain includes Scotland! -

Let me guess it was coming from a Brit and not a Scott. It isn't like anybody in any of those places that wasn't raised on 'milk' that you could set fire to and it didn't freeze, ... ever.

The real bond would have taken a tank to a gun-fight, he is so good you don't even know he's Iranian.

Blackleaf

It's actually the US and Canada which are the kid daughters of Britain. The British Empire created you, remember.

As for "feeble" and having to be "protected" by Canada - You have to remember that it is Canda which is feeble. It has a small, inadequately equipped armed forces with second-hand equipment bought on the cheap from other countries. It is under the US military umbrella just as Ireland is under Britain's, and should it ever get threatened by a foreign power - say, the Russians - Britain would be one of the first countries that Canada goes crying to for help. And Canada WOULD have to rely on foreign help should ot ever get threatened by a foreign power, because its military is too small, and its soldiers too soft, to be able to hold steadfast and defeat the enemy.

As for Britain having to be "protected" from the US - You have to remember that Britain has fought hundreds of wars over the centuries without having to rely on US "protection". In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find a war in which Britain and the US fought together before the 20th Century. Unlike Canada, Britain is perfectly capable of fighting and winning wars without having to rely on the US, as the Falklands just 32 years ago showed.

The Americo-Canadians have to cut out this silly idea that they and their armed forces are some sort of world supermen who go around the world winning wars and saving countries blinfolded and with your arms tied around your backs. It's silly and it's not views shared with billions of people in the real world - the land outside America and Canada. Canada's non-existent military is the butt of worldwide jokes, and the US military is renowened for relying on brawn rather than brains.

The reality is that, unlike Britain, Canada and the US have poor records in fighting wars on their own (I'm not sure Canada has ever fought a war on its own) and when the US doesn't have intelligent British troops backing it up in wars, and just has to rely on its braindead, trigger-happy troops who have never even heard of the countries they are sent to, it tends to lose wars. Vietnam is a good example. The US would have won that war had it had British troops fighting alongside it.

It's good to see that the great British Empire still causes envy and inferiority complexes around the world. I see from this thread that, even today, the Canadians and Americans still haven't shaken off the fact that they are an inferior race to the British.

captain morgan
+3
Well, I've thought about it, and I believe that the description that Britian as being the feeble, pasty red headed stepchild fits the bill nicely

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

It's actually the US and Canada which are the kid daughters of Britain. The British Empire created you, remember.

Exactly and if we turned out to be class 'a' corrupt then how much more is the 'original' version when 'they' see us as being stellar agents of moderation with 'reservations' still being the preferred way to treat those under treaty of peace with you. If an action stinks so bad it can only be mentioned in secret meetings why would you expect 'flowers' when the true nation is in the bright light of full disclosure? Oh wait, you're a Brit, ..... nuff said, ......

Blackleaf

Well, I've thought about it, and I believe that the description that Britian as being the feeble, pasty red headed stepchild fits the bill nicely

Britain is your MOTHER and, accordingly, you, as her children, need to start putting your inferiority complexes towards her to some good use and use them to pay her some more respect.

captain morgan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Britain is your MOTHER and, accordingly, you, as her children, need to start putting your inferiority complexes towards her to some good use and use them to pay her some more respect.

I can understand that it's a difficult realization to have to come to terms with Blackie, but it is what it is.

Now, you keep sassing me like this and I'll come over there and thrash you like a rented mule; just like when we were kids

Blackleaf

I can understand that it's a difficult realization to have to come to terms with Blackie, but it is what it is.

Now, you keep sassing me like this and I'll come over there and thrash you like a rented mule; just like when we were kids

I can understand that you and your mates have an inferiority complex towards Britain and her wonderful empire and I can understand that it's something you find difficult to come to shake off (because we all know a good thing when we see one), but I still don't have any sympathy for you whatsoever.

Now I want you to apologise.

captain morgan
+1
Ok...

I apologize that you folks maintain a pretend navy.

I apologize that you are forced to live in the past and regale yourself with memories of minor successes from a few hundred years ago.

I also apologize that your nation was too weak to take on the Germans (twice) and had to come crawling for help

I apologize that you have such crappy food and lousy weather.

Blackleaf

I apologize that you folks maintain a pretend navy.

It's okay, you don't need to. We don't mainatin a pretend navy. You see, the Royal Navy has three times as many ships as the Royal Canadian Navy, as well as 62 watercraft and 170 aircraft.

Quote:

I apologize that you are forced to live in the past and regale yourself with memories of minor successes from a few hundred years ago.

We're not forced to live in the past. We like remembering our past due to it being a long, glorious and proud past, something which neither Canada nor the USA have.

Quote:

I also apologize that your nation was too weak to take on the Germans (twice) and had to come crawling for help

Too weak to take on the Germans? We took them on twice... and won each time.

As for "crawling for help" - Don't flatter yourself. The Canadians didn't HAVE to enter either war. The fact that they did was not because Britain "needed you" (she didn't) but because you WANTED to join the fight alongside a country with which you have familial ties to. You may get taught in your schools that Britain came crawling to Canada for help, but I only deal with facts, not myths.

Here are some stats: Britain suffered about as many fatalities in WWII as the Canada and the US did COMBINED. Put the number of American dead and the number of Canadian dead in that conflict together and they both come to about the same amount of fatalities that Britain sustained.

WWI was even worse as far as you're concerned - Britain suffered almost FIVE-AND-A-HALF times as many fatalities as Canada and the US PUT TOGETHER.

These stats highlight good and proper what bit part players both Canada and the US were in both world wars.

Quote:

I apologize that you have such crappy food and lousy weather.

And that's coming from someone from a country whose people eat chips drenched in sour milk and which is covered all year round in a polar ice cap.

Now, apologise.
Last edited by Blackleaf; Jan 12th, 2014 at 09:13 AM..

captain morgan
+3

Blackleaf

How old were you when that photo was taken?

captain morgan
+1
That is exactly the answer that a pasty-faced, feeble kid brother would come back with.

Thanks for confirming your position in the grand scheme of things

Blackleaf

That is exactly the answer that a pasty-faced, feeble kid brother would come back with.

It wasn't an answer. It was a question. Nice try, though.