"THEY" Are Taking Away OUR Hallowe'en!

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
I am incensed! School authorities across North America are taking away our god-given (Gods in the case of the Celts) Hallowe'en and replacing it with the insipid, secular, spirit-destroying "Spirit Day"! Elementary students will no longer dress up as goblins, faeries, zombies, and Stephen Harper. Instead they will be encouraged to dress in black and orange and celebrate school spirit. No longer will there be an innocent competition to find the most terrifying, expensive, and cheery alter ego. Harrumph!

Look, Hallowe'en has been around for thousands of years. Halfway between the autumnal equinox and the winter solstice, this Gaelic celebration Samhain marked the end of harvest and the beginning of darkness and death (literally in the case of the seasons and figuratively for all humanity). A few ghosts never hurt anyone! Of course, the Catholic Church had to make it politically correct by moving All Hallows' Day (All Saints' Day) and All Hallows' Evening to coincide with October 31. Spoil sports!

Samhain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But never mind, now a new group of spoil sports are moving in. Lefties probably! What's next? Christmas as Happy Holidays?

Your view, Druid or not!

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sometimes people should just leave well enough alone. Hallowe'en is already being drowned out by the idiots who want to advance Xmas another month.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Sometimes people should just leave well enough alone. Hallowe'en is already being drowned out by the idiots who want to advance Xmas another month.

You are right! Ghosts and goblins first, magic magi second! Tradition is tradition; what are they trying to do?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
You mean the days of pushing over the odd outhouse are over? We still talk about the time we tipped over a toilet on the front with somebody still in it. The poor bugger had to crawl out through the toilet seat and make his way past the hole full of s--t. No small feat.

Last edited:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Yes, the brave sh!t disturbers of our glorious past have become shat upon by the new appeasers!

Notice, too, that the infinitive "to sh!t" is censored. So, one cannot **** in the present or future, but it is perfectly okay to have shat in the past.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
It's still good ol' SatanWorshippin' Day at our house. When, for example, the principal at our school suggested that no "scary" costumes be allowed, I rightfully pointed out to him that "You will spend an eternity in a Lake of Fire, yet you will not die. You will just burn and scream."

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
All Saints day is always the next day, Nov. 1st, for all the ghosts that have made it over to the light.....;-)

All Hallows' Eve was moved to October 31 in the 9th Century as a Catholic pre-emptive strike against the Druid festival of wandering spirits. The Church could claim they found rest on All Saints'.

Well Sleeper, All Saints' used to be a holy day of obligation. Going to mass on November 1 after trick or treating, October 31?

It's still good ol' SatanWorshippin' Day at our house. When, for example, the principal at our school suggested that no "scary" costumes be allowed, I rightfully pointed out to him that "You will spend an eternity in a Lake of Fire, yet you will not die. You will just burn and scream."

And his skin after burning off will regrow to burn off again, ad infinitum. Pain eternal! Ain't hell grand?!

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
It is such a load of horsesh*t. It has been a long time since halloween meant anything other than kids getting candy and watching fireworks and pulling a few pranks. These idiots trying to stop all fun and tradition need to have a big pole shoved up their a$$, preferably sideways.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
All Hallows' Eve was moved to October 31 in the 9th Century as a Catholic pre-emptive strike against the Druid festival of wandering spirits. The Church could claim they found rest on All Saints'.

Well Sleeper, All Saints' used to be a holy day of obligation. Going to mass on November 1 after trick or treating, October 31?

And his skin after burning off will regrow to burn off again, ad infinitum. Pain eternal! Ain't hell grand?!
Their is an old legend about hunting (or shooting a wild animal on all Saints day) and the Wendigo, in French Canada,
I know that my old man never hunted on that day, and when I was a kid, would not let me go out and hunt. And somehow, I never did either after I grew up........
I'll have to ask Bear if he comes on tonight, if he's ever heard of that from his Grandfather???

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Yes, the brave sh!t disturbers of our glorious past have become shat upon by the new appeasers!

Notice, too, that the infinitive "to sh!t" is censored. So, one cannot **** in the present or future, but it is perfectly okay to have shat in the past.

You know, the old "outhouse" was just not appreciated. "low maintenance" and low initial cost compared with "modern" plumbing was the beauty of the old s-----r.
How to build an outhouse – Cottage Life

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
You know, the old "outhouse" was just not appreciated. "low maintenance" and low initial cost compared with "modern" plumbing was the beauty of the old s-----r.
How to build an outhouse – Cottage Life

In the small Prairie town where I grew up, every outhouse had a sh!t pail accessed from the rear of the structure by means of a hinged flap. Every week the town "scavenger" would spill the contents of these pails into a honey wagon pulled by horses. Rumour had it that the scavenger was the highest-paid civic employee.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You mean the days of pushing over the odd outhouse are over? We still talk about the time we tipped over a toilet on the front with somebody still in it. The poor bugger had to crawl out through the toilet seat and make his way past the hole full of s--t. No small feat.
That story sounds a lot like the American waiting at the moose crossing sign like a friendly Canadian suggested and getting his moose there.....:lol:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
School: Sucking the fun out of being a kid since, well, forever.

Like everything else. I didnt have a bad childhood per-se but you couldnt pay me to go back and relive it. My mother took it as a criticism of her when I said that. It wasnt. I just really really hated being a kid and am glad its over. The only thing I dont like about being an adult are bills. Damn things keep showing up uninvited.

On the halloween thing - meh. Keep it, get rid of it or do whatever you want with it. It doesnt affect me in anyway and hasnt since I was 10. Halloween is the only day I feel like a conservative. Damn annoying unemployed people going door to door expecting hand outs. :p

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Like everything else. I didnt have a bad childhood per-se but you couldnt pay me to go back and relive it. My mother took it as a criticism of her when I said that. It wasnt. I just really really hated being a kid and am glad its over. The only thing I dont like about being an adult are bills. Damn things keep showing up uninvited.

I didn't hate being a kid but I wouldn't go back either. Puberty is not something I'd look forward to living through twice! LOL

On the halloween thing - meh. Keep it, get rid of it or do whatever you want with it. It doesnt affect me in anyway and hasnt since I was 10. Halloween is the only day I feel like a conservative. Damn annoying unemployed people going door to door expecting hand outs. :p

C'mon! It's the one holiday when an adult can still be like a little kid, just the 'fun' aspect of it! Scary movies, ghost stories, etc. All fun stuff!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Halloween and other special days will only be destroyed if people allow it to happen.
It is time people hit the editorial pages and the open line radio stations and told the
world what you feel. If people engage the school boards and ask them what the hell
are you thinking? The reality is authorities are gutless people and when you bakc them
up verbally they cower and it is time it happened.

Just thought of this. how many of us have a Celtic Background? We are
entitled to compensation. Our Gods and heritage was destroyed by the
Church and the governments of the day run by the church If it works for
some it should work for all. If say they were to be force to pay the Celts
how many could be a Druid for a day?