Weather. Odd or what?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Vancouver. Mmmm. Nice comfortable January temps. Wow. Effing great

Ya, so like way better that freezing Toronto. So cold there. Or is it?

Lol. I'ma lovin' it.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Vancouver. Mmmm. Nice comfortable January temps. Wow. Effing great

Ya, so like way better that freezing Toronto. So cold there. Or is it?

Lol. I'ma lovin' it.

I hope the weather is still nice for vancouverites when Vancouver ends up at the bottom of the ocean. ;)

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I'm looking forward to Friday/Sat. The warm crap is too humid. I like the full on sunshine with crisp dry air and the ice fishing is way better.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I've dealt with -38 up north over the holidays, to it being around -4 here most days. For some reason my arthritis is KILLING me. lol.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Winter is fully engaged here in Hinterland. It has snowed more days than not in the past couple of weeks but it is has been moist snow, often in fine crystal form and the accumulation is less than one would think. It is a dense pack though. The temps have been very mild for the most part. I was out shoveling late this afternoon just as dusk approached and needed only a light jacket to keep warm - oh and a woolen toque as their was a fine icy mist falling. Canim is the only lake in our area remaining unfrozen, but it is long and deep and needs sustained days of a good freeze to begin the process. A cougar is roaming the neighborhood but has not been a danger to human or pet so far. That is one gift the fresh snowfall gives us, the ability to track the animals.

Winter has been gentle with us ....so far. :smile:

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Nothing odd here in Vancouver this is SOP for this time of year-I see Wednesday it's supposed to warm up to 8 degrees overnight something we saw very little of in the past but is more frequent now.

Oh Yeah it rained all day in Whistler today @ the base of the mountain anyway-I wasn't up top-too cold.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Nothing odd here in Vancouver this is SOP for this time of year-I see Wednesday it's supposed to warm up to 8 degrees overnight something we saw very little of in the past but is more frequent now.

Oh Yeah it rained all day in Whistler today @ the base of the mountain anyway-I wasn't up top-too cold.
And by Mid August you'll finally dry up for two weeks of nice weather and get soaked again in the 11 month long Rain Festival sponsored by extremely not green Indoor Weed Growers Association and a pile of other "Holier than Thou" moonbeams reeking of patchouli.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Winter is fully engaged here in Hinterland. It has snowed more days than not in the past couple of weeks but it is has been moist snow, often in fine crystal form and the accumulation is less than one would think. It is a dense pack though. The temps have been very mild for the most part. I was out shoveling late this afternoon just as dusk approached and needed only a light jacket to keep warm - oh and a woolen toque as their was a fine icy mist falling. Canim is the only lake in our area remaining unfrozen, but it is long and deep and needs sustained days of a good freeze to begin the process. A cougar is roaming the neighborhood but has not been a danger to human or pet so far. That is one gift the fresh snowfall gives us, the ability to track the animals.

Winter has been gentle with us ....so far. :smile:

I did enough shovelling yesterday to last me all year, but alas there is a similar dump on the way this afternoon.

I have you beat by 2C

"Beat", is that warmer or colder? -:)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
-2C right now.

Did you know the going basic rate for having you snow shovelled is $5. $10 if the backyard walk, garage and alley need it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
-2C right now.

Did you know the going basic rate for having you snow shovelled is $5. $10 if the backyard walk, garage and alley need it.

I'm a perfectionist, no one can achieve the smooth edges like I can.!-:)

-2C right now.

If I paid a guy $5 for what I shovelled yesterday, I wouldn't find anyone in the Okanagan who would shovel my snow ever again-:) To be fair I'd have to pay him $15. A solid hour of heavy work!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
These guys go right to the concrete and brick. They bring a broom.

We don't have very many homeless people in Regina in winter. They tend to die really fast for some reason.

But when it does warm it usually snows. This is when they come off their cousins' sofas and they to wander around to make money in honest ways and by crime.

When you hire them it's respect and they return that respect 10 fold and they will keep an eye out for when it comes to the criminal ones.

When word gets out that "that house is one of the good ones" you don't get bothered by the "element' of core urban life.

If I paid a guy $5 for what I shovelled yesterday, I wouldn't find anyone in the Okanagan who would shovel my snow ever again-:) To be fair I'd have to pay him $15. A solid hour of heavy work!
Get a scoop or a grain shovel. Drag the snow, don't lift it.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I did enough shovelling yesterday to last me all year, but alas there is a similar dump on the way this afternoon.

I just came in from doing another couple of hours of shoving the white stuff around, JLM and I still have my very long driveway to do. :roll: