Wow! Cops Now Ticketing Drivers Who Leave Windows Open!

JLM
In G.M. vehicles in the '50s you could shut the vehicle off and remove the key but unless you put it in the locked position you could still turn the switch and start the vehicle. At the time I thought it was kind of idiotic!

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

In G.M. vehicles in the '50s you could shut the vehicle off and remove the key but unless you put it in the locked position you could still turn the switch and start the vehicle. At the time I thought it was kind of idiotic!

Most 90's Chrysler's could have the ignition key taken out of the ignition with the engine running.

Consequently, you could start them with a screwdriver if necessary.

Can anyone tell me when the ignition transmission interface became a standard feature on automatic vehicles?

A standard can still be made mobile by taking of the parking brake.

Unauthorized use, doesn't mean just driving a vehicle.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Quote:

Leaving parked vehicle

191 (1) A motor vehicle must be equipped with a lock or other device to prevent the unauthorized use of the motor vehicle.
(2) A driver must not permit a motor vehicle to stand unattended or parked unless the driver has
(a) locked it or made it secure in a manner that prevents its unauthorized use, and
(b) if the motor vehicle is standing on a grade, turned the front wheels of the vehicle to the curb or side of the highway.

Do you understand what that word means. I'm not trying to be sarcastic (although it is so very easy when I respond to you), I would really like to know.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Depends on the vehicle.

Yes but the article in the OP only states that the car is blue. Has your opinion changed since your first post or do you think that the car being blue makes the ticket "reasonable"

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Yes...

Good, I'm glad you can agree with me.

DaSleeper

You really like arguing with silly people, The wiz, Jim-bo etc...

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

You really like arguing with silly people, The wiz, Jim-bo etc...

But of course. It's always fun and entertaining to watch them make things up.

Cannuck

Actually, it seems it is you that agrees with me since I didn`t feel the officers actions were reasonable given that all I knew about the car was that it was blue. What changed your mind

CDNBear

Depends on the vehicle.

Yes

Actually, it seems it is you that agrees with me...

Nope. Other way around.

LOL.

no new posts