Fox's Rupert Murdoch Calls Scientology "Evil"

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... commenting on the breakup of tom cruise and katie holmes, news corp.'s rupert murdoch stated that cruise is a high-ranking member of the scientology religion, maybe even one of the top three guys!

... story HERE ...

... he also calls the group creepy and possibly evil. i find it very strange that murdoch would come out publicly and make these extremely negative statements against this group. why do people hate it so much?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
... commenting on the breakup of tom cruise and katie holmes, news corp.'s rupert murdoch stated that cruise is a high-ranking member of the scientology religion, maybe even one of the top three guys!

... story HERE ...

... he also calls the group creepy and possibly evil. i find it very strange that murdoch would come out publicly and make these extremely negative statements against this group. why do people hate it so much?
Scientology, like the bulk of your posts, is based firmly in fantasy.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Maybe because the group is creepy, extremely secretive, with highly questionable beliefs?

That would be my guess.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
Maybe because the group is creepy, extremely secretive, with highly questionable beliefs?

That would be my guess.
... there are many groups much worse than scientology, why not pick on them?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yes.

beaker turned out exactly like I figured he would. Just another ideological troll.

So here I am.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So do I. Should prove interesting.

I bet we see the BC gov't, Lawyers, and the RCMP in that list.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
All religion becomes evil when carried to extremes. Christianity was once
evil and more so than it is now, when it had spiritual and political power.
I know they have political clout now, but at one time they were the absolute.
In fact the Christianity of the middle ages and dark ages was somewhat like
the radical Muslim movement to today.
There are fanatics of all types. I believe Japan was under the Shinto system
when they plunged Asia into successive wars that culminated into their entry in
WWII.
Religion and some social groups bring out the best and worst in people. Funny,
I am amazed that Katie Holmes stayed as long as she did.

beaker

Electoral Member
Jun 11, 2012
thepeacecountry
So do I. Should prove interesting.

I bet we see the BC gov't, Lawyers, and the RCMP in that list.

My suggestion would be that Murdoch would say something like this just because he is trying to divert attention away from his own problems. He is in a really embarrassing situation. His papers have been using underhanded methods of getting news, and his opinionated and onesided monologues are understood for what they are. If it wasn't the Scientologists it would be someone else. I expect that what drives him is childhood fears and or hate.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
All religion becomes evil when carried to extremes. Christianity was once
evil and more so than it is now, when it had spiritual and political power.
I know they have political clout now, but at one time they were the absolute.
In fact the Christianity of the middle ages and dark ages was somewhat like
the radical Muslim movement to today.
There are fanatics of all types. I believe Japan was under the Shinto system
when they plunged Asia into successive wars that culminated into their entry in
WWII.
Religion and some social groups bring out the best and worst in people. Funny,
I am amazed that Katie Holmes stayed as long as she did.
... hmm, excellent reply ...

... now, how do the scientologists feel about marriage breakups and divorce?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Wow, 12 posts, the bulk of which are tongue in cheek, before the Christians get trotted out for a good flogging.

That must be a record, lol.

My suggestion would be that Murdoch would say something like this just because he is trying to divert attention away from his own problems.
I'd say 'no doubt' if I actually cared what Rupert had to say on anything.

He is in a really embarrassing situation.
He's an embarrassment, full stop.

His papers have been using underhanded methods of getting news, and his opinionated and onesided monologues are understood for what they are.
Fodder for comedians?

If it wasn't the Scientologists it would be someone else.
Ya but, it's Scientology! Have you ever read their history? It's creator actually stated he would create a religion. Not that I would need to hear that after reading about their practices.

As far as loonies go, they don't get much more loony than.

I expect that what drives him is childhood fears and or hate.
Do you really think he was scarred by a Scientologist?

beaker

Electoral Member
Jun 11, 2012
thepeacecountry
Wow, 12 posts, the bulk of which are tongue in cheek, before the Christians get trotted out for a good flogging.

That must be a record, lol.

I'd say 'no doubt' if I actually cared what Rupert had to say on anything.

He's an embarrassment, full stop.

Fodder for comedians?

Ya but, it's Scientology! Have you ever read their history? It's creator actually stated he would create a religion. Not that I would need to hear that after reading about their practices.

As far as loonies go, they don't get much more loony than.

Do you really think he was scarred by a Scientologist?

I didn't say that he attacked scientologists because he was scarred, His overall behaviour, as you mentioned, is fit for cartooning, and so is this attempt to make himself look good by trying to bully another social animal.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I didn't say that he attacked scientologists because he was scarred...
How does one develop fear and hatred as a child, if not by being scarred by something?

His overall behaviour, as you mentioned, is fit for cartooning, and so is this attempt to make himself look good by trying to bully another social animal.
Your parroting of my opinion, aside. Not that this is important, but this is bullying?

Scientology back in news. Very weird cult, but big, big money involved with Tom Cruise either number two or three in hiearchy.

https://twitter.com/rupertmurdoch/status/219385567153098753

I think Murdoch's a nutter, the bulk of his opinions and practices, easily debunked, or unethical. But that's a pretty reasonable statement to anyone that has done even a cursory investigation of Scientology.

I try not to write off what someone has to say, before I actually read it, just because I'm not a fan.