Are we raising an Orwelian Generation.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
When I went to school, I didn't see drug sniffing dogs, or armed Officers (Apart for the years I spent in Juvenile Detention) either.

But than again I didn't see...

Drugs...
Armed children...
Vandalism...
Theft...
Violence...

Like you see in schools today.

Even kids should own their own responsibility and accountability. That's not to say one should have their rights forfeited because they go to school.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
But than again I didn't see...

Drugs...
Armed children...
Vandalism...
Theft...
Violence...

Like you see in schools today.

Thats a bit of a generational generalization. I didn't see any of that stuff either when I was in school, though I did smell the drugs from time to time. My father on the other hand saw and did all of the above. Luckily for him he wasnt caught and grew out of it eventually.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Thats a bit of a generational generalization. I didn't see any of that stuff either when I was in school, though I did smell the drugs from time to time. My father on the other hand saw and did all of the above. Luckily for him he wasnt caught and grew out of it eventually.
The video in the OP is a bit of a generalization. Since the school my youngest goes to, doesn't have any of the things discussed in the video, installed or take place. Conversely, I know of schools throughout Toronto (And the GTA), that do.

BTW; I did all those things to, hence my incarceration in a juvenile detention facility.

I just didn't do them at school.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Didn't have nonsense like that happening when I was in school. But then again, if someone was bullying someone else and wasn't interrupted, the bully might give another kid a black eye or a fat lip. These days, kids die from being bullied.
It used to be that getting caught stealing a chocolate bar was a really big thing. Kids these days steal cars.
There are more instances of differences between the "old days" and now.
Kids are not the problem. Reactions to stuff like I described isn't the problem.
The problem is society. It's f'ing sick and no-one seems to want to do anything about it; just patch it here and there with spycams, sniffer dogs, idiotic gun registries, etc.
Why is society sick? Screwed up priorities and a lack of principles.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I saw alot more drugs in my school then in my kids school. I wasn't concerned about armed kids in my school and my kids aren't concerned in their school. There was as much vandalism and theft in my school as in my kids school. There was probably more violence in my school.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I saw alot more drugs in my school then in my kids school. I wasn't concerned about armed kids in my school and my kids aren't concerned in their school. There was as much vandalism and theft in my school as in my kids school. There was probably more violence in my school.
And you are aware of all this because you're in some of the same classes as your kids no doubt.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
We are becoming a bit of an Orwellian society. In cities we're being watched whenever we're out of our homes by security cameras, generally. Now they want to watch what we do online. Companies are selling our information to advertisers etc.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
And you are aware of all this because you're in some of the same classes as your kids no doubt.

Yes, that's why I saw more drugs in my school than theirs...because we are in the same school. The harder you try the more stupid you look.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
We are becoming a bit of an Orwellian society. In cities we're being watched whenever we're out of our homes by security cameras, generally. Now they want to watch what we do online. Companies are selling our information to advertisers etc.
No doubt that it's quite troubling. But we all want security or justice. I can't even remember how many times I've asked to see CCTV footage of a parking lot, because someone has hit one of my vehicles and just driven off.

I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere.

Yes, because we are in the same school.
As I thought.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I can't even remember how many times I've asked to see CCTV footage of a parking lot, because someone has hit one of my vehicles and just driven off.

You should talk to your doctor about that. There is medication that can slow the symptoms down if caught soon enough.

As for me, I'm not quite afraid enough to embrace the coming police state. Just why are you so afraid? You should consider moving someplace safer if you are so afraid

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You should talk to your doctor about that. There is medication that can slow the symptoms down if caught soon enough.

As for me, I'm not quite afraid enough to embrace the coming police state. Just why are you so afraid? You should consider moving someplace safer if you are so afraid
I'm sure your admitted stupidity is the cause of that nonsensical reply.

Perhaps you should ask one of your kids to read it to you, so you can actually answer the content of my post. Instead of what you imagined it said.

Your post sounds angry and confused. You really shouldn't take the net so seriously little guy.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Your post sounds angry and confused.

I never get angry. As for confused, coming from somebody that can't even remember how many times he's been the victim of a hit and run, that's pretty funny. I can tell precisely how many times I have had somebody hit my car and taken off. As I said, there is help out there. You just need to take the first step and see your doctor.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I never get angry. As for confused, coming from somebody that can't even remember how many times he's been the victim of a hit and run, that's pretty funny. I can tell precisely how many times I have had somebody hit my car and taken off. As I said, there is help out there. You just need to take the first step and see your doctor.
Your arrogance is funny.

I used to have several trucks running routes in downtown Toronto, Scarborough, Mississauga, Markham.

The harder you try, the more stupid you make yourself look. Not that it matters, since you've already admitted to being stupid. All you're doing now is confirming it.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
That's because you're admittedly stupid.

That's odd. I thought it was because you didn't live in the real world. I mean, here in the real world I managed a service department with a fleet of trucks and can tell you exactly how many times the company was involved in a hit and run incident. My memory is good though. You really should get that checked out.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That's odd. I thought it was because you didn't live in the real world. I mean, here in the real world I managed a service department with a fleet of trucks and can tell you exactly how many times the company was involved in a hit and run incident. My memory is good though. You really should get that checked out.
LOL.

You're funny when you get angry.