No Order of Canada for Ralph Klein

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Ralph is an award winning broadcast journalist, been major of Calgary for (?) terms, brought the winter olympics to Calgary, been an MP, a Primier for 3 terms etc etc and still no Order of Canada. Other Primiers got their recognition usually within a year of quitting office.

But the easterns will not give him the recognition he so rightly deserves.

Should Ralph Klein be awarded the Order of Canada? | OpenFile

That should be spelled "premiers".....auto correct!!!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
maybe Klein didn't do enough for the whole Country. I can think of lots of good things he did for Alberta, but, for the whole country, I'm stumped.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
maybe Klein didn't do enough for the whole Country. I can think of lots of good things he did for Alberta, but, for the whole country, I'm stumped.

But isn't Alberta a part of Canada? Further to that, the '88 Olympics were an event that brought positive attention to the entire country, much as the 2010 Vancouver ones did. I always liked Ralph, and he has received his share of accolades and criticisms over the years, but I don't think he's going to lose sleep over the Order of Canada...

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Maybe they haven't forgotten his "shoot, shovel, and shut up" remark about bovine spongiform encephalopathy.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
But isn't Alberta a part of Canada? Further to that, the '88 Olympics were an event that brought positive attention to the entire country, much as the 2010 Vancouver ones did. I always liked Ralph, and he has received his share of accolades and criticisms over the years, but I don't think he's going to lose sleep over the Order of Canada...
Your right, Ralph made sure the oil industry thrived under his leadership, and if AB does well, the whole country does well.

This is just another example of ....same old, same old....

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Your right, Ralph made sure the oil industry thrived under his leadership, and if AB does well, the whole country does well.

This is just another example of ....same old, same old....

He also cut a lot of big corners environmentally. Some of the inside stories about what happened under his watchful eye are pretty scary.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ralph doesn't deserve an award on the national scale, besides isn't he the guy the
Indians gave a title to? They called him Chief Walking Eagle, because he was too
full of shi*t to fly.
Ralph was a leader a premier and a journalist he was also a loud mouthed drunk
who didn't know when to shut up. It has nothing to do with Eastern or Western
Canada he offended enough people in his time and therefore he gets left off the
invitation list as it were.
Ralph was also the guy who told people in a shelter to get a job, only to find out one
of them was a passer by from Cape Breton who challenged him. Ralph is luck he
didn't go outside with a Caper he would have woke up about a week from Wednesday.
No he does not deserve to have a Title, at least not at this time.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
He also cut a lot of big corners environmentally. Some of the inside stories about what happened under his watchful eye are pretty scary.
That is what happens when you put a grade 4 dropout with an drinking problem in charge of the hen house.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Ralph was a good guy.He stuck up for his province and told the rest wanting the NEP to go **** themselves,thats why he will allways be remembered as a leader with balls.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Ralph doesn't deserve an award on the national scale, besides isn't he the guy the
Indians gave a title to? They called him Chief Walking Eagle, because he was too
full of shi*t to fly.
Ralph was a leader a premier and a journalist he was also a loud mouthed drunk
who didn't know when to shut up. It has nothing to do with Eastern or Western
Canada he offended enough people in his time and therefore he gets left off the
invitation list as it were.
Ralph was also the guy who told people in a shelter to get a job, only to find out one
of them was a passer by from Cape Breton who challenged him. Ralph is luck he
didn't go outside with a Caper he would have woke up about a week from Wednesday.
No he does not deserve to have a Title, at least not at this time.

He pulled up to a homeless shelter in a drunken stupor in the middle of the night, entered the building, insulted and berated the residents, pulled out his pocket change and threw it at the people in the homeless shelter and then drove off in his limo.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Ralph was a good guy.He stuck up for his province and told the rest wanting the NEP to go **** themselves,thats why he will allways be remembered as a leader with balls.

He did some good stuff, but he also did some stupid stuff. His shoot, shovel and shut up remark earned nothing but international distrust in the Canadian cattle industry.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
He has frontal lobe dimentia/alzheimers, so perhaps those bad behaviors were nothing more than early signs ... but still, they cannot be overlooked.

... and what about the story where he performed a marriage ceremony for his daughter who was marrying a man that was already married ... there are an awful lot of questionable incidents with Ralph Klein.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Wrong premier.

He carried the torch,we all remember PET,Ralph kinda told the east that he was going to make sure we didnt get raped by eastern Canada and we did'nt get raped by the feds.

He has frontal lobe dimentia/alzheimers, so perhaps those bad behaviors were nothing more than early signs ... but still, they cannot be overlooked.

... and what about the story where he performed a marriage ceremony for his daughter who was marrying a man that was already married ... there are an awful lot of questionable incidents with Ralph Klein.

You have a link I presume? Because I could say your a child molester but without proof it means nothing but it still makes you look bad.