No Order of Canada for Ralph Klein

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by KakatoView Post

Read up ger and try to keep up ok?

Didn't answer the question, or is it you can't.

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

So you're a born and raised, eh?

Born in Winnipeg,moved west in 1963,My dad knew where to move the family where we could make a go of it.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

So let's see, Conrad Black still has his OoC, and he's in the slammer,,,,,,,oh yeah, I forgot, he's an easterner!!!

Maybe we shuda done what Ralph said,,,,I mean the part about the dark,,,,,just saying.

How you easterners doing with the $2.2B we sent you recently in Eqaualization payments??

Doesn't Quebec benefit the most?

It seems fair to subsidize Quebec ... it would be a bit like letting the fool rot in the gutter without throwing them enough to at least sleep in the pub until closing time.

Born in Winnipeg,moved west in 1963,My dad knew where to move the family where we could make a go of it.

That's the problem right there.
You're a foreigner commenting on the former Premier from another province ... rose coloured glasses.

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Didn't answer the question, or is it you can't.

No ger,your just out of the loop so im ignoreing you.

Let me know when you get back to the world.

Ariadne

I live in southern Alberta so I call bull****!

Bull what? You don't believe that Klein was involved in performing a polygamous ceremony for his daughter? Surely you read the news and remember what you read even if it is many years later?

Kakato

Bull what? You don't believe that Klein was involved in performing a polygamous ceremony for his daughter? Surely you read the news and remember what you read even if it is many years later?

No,he never got charged so you look like a fool,carry on,innocent untill proven guilty in Alberta,not sure what your province is like.
Sounds like a ****hole to live in though.

gerryh

I supplied the only link I could find on his daughters marriage. Nothing about Ralph preforming it and nothing about polygamy. The RCMP investigation into Ralphs SON-IN-LAW was concerning bigamy, not polygamy.

Cannuck

He has frontal lobe dimentia/alzheimers, so perhaps those bad behaviors were nothing more than early signs ... but still, they cannot be overlooked.

Why can't they? Are you saying dementia patients should be held to the same standard as those that are well?

gerryh

Ok, so once again you can't. Got it.

Ariadne

What a funny comment.

"Your" for You're, "ignoreing" for ignoring. Are you lapsing into texting rather than writing?

No,he never got charged so you look like a fool,carry on,innocent untill proven guilty in Alberta,not sure what your province is like.
Sounds like a ****hole to live in though.

I may appear the fool to you ... is that a problem?

The consequences of the action would not effect the decision to not offer the Order of Canada. The act itself is the point.

Kakato

What a funny comment.

"Your" for You're, "ignoreing" for ignoring. Are you lapsing into texting rather than writing?

No your just trolling or some young kid so I wont waste any more time.You seem very young and ignorant on the ways of the world and life.

Good luck,you will probably need it on your journey through the rest of your life.

Ariadne

I supplied the only link I could find on his daughters marriage. Nothing about Ralph preforming it and nothing about polygamy. The RCMP investigation into Ralphs SON-IN-LAW was concerning bigamy, not polygamy.

Thank you.

I suppose the difference between bigamy and polygamy is a bit like splitting hairs.
Ralph Klein performed the ceremony. He was a commisioner of oaths, if I recall correctly, and that was the only ceremony he performed. Afterward, he claimed that he was as surprised as everyone else. One does have to question why it doesn't happen more often if the mistake is so easily made ... or was he just careless.

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Why can't they? Are you saying dementia patients should be held to the same standard as those that are well?

Klein has a very fast moving frontal lobe alzheimer's dimentia. The incidents are from many years ago, so it's not really possible to connect the dots.

No your just trolling or some young kid so I wont waste any more time.You seem very young and ignorant on the ways of the world and life.

Good luck,you will probably need it on your journey through the rest of your life.

Trolling or a young kid?

Flattery will get you no where.

gerryh

Thank you.

I suppose the difference between bigamy and polygamy is a bit like splitting hairs.
Ralph Klein performed the ceremony. He was a commisioner of oaths, if I recall correctly, and that was the only ceremony he performed. Afterward, he claimed that he was as surprised as everyone else. One does have to question why it doesn't happen more often if the mistake is so easily made ... or was he just careless.

Polygamy and bigamy are 2 entirely different things, so there is no splitting of hairs being done. If they were the same then we would not need 2 different laws against them.

Ariadne

Polygamy and bigamy are 2 entirely different things, so there is no splitting of hairs being done. If they were the same then we would not need 2 different laws against them.

The son in law was bigamous, the man that performed the ceremony produced polygamy ... but you're right. It was bigamy but Klein was on the hook for going ahead with the ceremony. He should have verified the documents to ensure that none of the participants were already married.

Cannuck

Klein has a very fast moving frontal lobe alzheimer's dimentia. The incidents are from many years ago, so it's not really possible to connect the dots.

...and yet you tried to. It's a very simple question really. If (as you suggested) his comments were a result of his condition, why can't you overlook them?

Kakato

Thank you.

Trolling or a young kid?

Flattery will get you no where.

Ya,something like me going on the net and saying you are a wife beater and child molester,but then not getting the term right or showing any proof,give me a break.

Theres laws that will get you charged for saying **** like that on the net ya know?

Cannuck

Theres laws that will get you charged for saying **** like that on the net ya know?

Phone the cops.

Kakato

Phone the cops.

Nope,its in the Criminal code and if you know who to push to get charges laid it will happen,slander and all that anon crap isnt anon anymore my friend. No more online bullying or stalking is legal and about time.

gerryh

Nope,its in the Criminal code and if you know who to push to get charges laid it will happen,slander and all that anon crap isnt anon anymore my friend. No more online bullying or stalking is legal and about time.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck... are we going to have to go through this all over again? I had really hoped you had gotten over all that bullshyte years ago.

Cannuck

Phone the cops. That's what Ralph would do. Mind you, he has balls.

Tonington
+3
#81  Top Rated Post

You dont know Ralph like some of us do.Thats ok,Go on hateing Alberta,were used to it.

No charges? Anyone got some legit porof to all these allegations against Ralph?

If not then STFU!

Are you drinking and posting at the same time? It's not ballsy at all in Alberta to tell a federal politician meddling in petroleum policies to f uck off. It wouldn't be ballsy for a Newfoundland politician to tell the minister of DFO to f uck off either. Give your head a shake and put some coffee on.

Onward internet warrior...just assume everyone hates Alberta. You have a massive inferiority complex, do you also adorn your walls with large racks of animal horn and antler?

Ariadne

...and yet you tried to. It's a very simple question really. If (as you suggested) his comments were a result of his condition, why can't you overlook them?

Like I said. There is no reason to believe that his absurd antics had anything to do with his illness. The illness (alzheimers) crippled him in a matter of months (well after the alcoholism took its toll), yet the incidents were at least a decade earlier. How is it possible to connect the dots other than to see that he lost his sense of humour as his mind turned to soup.

Cannuck

Like I said. There is no reason to believe that his absurd antics had anything to do with his illness.

I agree but you made the connection and then said the connection wouldn't matter. I'm just asking you to explain why it wouldn't matter.

Ariadne
+1

Ya,something like me going on the net and saying you are a wife beater and child molester,but then not getting the term right or showing any proof,give me a break.

So ... you call names when you don't like what you read, then you demand proof and links, next you suggest I'm a troll and finally, after the wifebeater and childmolester terms, you suggest that there are laws in Canada preventing people from presenting facts?

Wow.
You and I are not only from different places, but I think we're from different planets.

What's in the criminal code ... that we're not allowed to talk about Klein when he is a buffoon?

Are you a lawyer now too?

I agree but you made the connection and then said the connection wouldn't matter. I'm just asking you to explain why it wouldn't matter.

I have.

There is no timeline connection between Klein's dimentia and his prior bad acts.

The bad acts are the same. When his dimentia took over, he had more bad acts to the extent that his wife had to cover for him and there were public apologies. I think there was a huge gap ... years ... between the two: prior bad acts and fast changing frontal lobe dimentia.

Bar Sinister
Considering some of the others who have received the Order, I see no reason why Klein does not qualify. I am not a Klein supporter BTW. When in power he was actually bad for Alberta, frequently using sarcasm and insults to stifle debate and actually putting together a Nixon-style "enemies" list of people and organizations he had to get.

His term in power featured incredible luck, taking office when oil prices were low and within a few years seeing increases that resulted in huge government surpluses. At the same time he privatized many government services resulting in increased costs for the average Albertan without any real improvement in service. He also allowed Alberta's infrastructure to decline, particularly in the critical areas of health care, education, and transport. None of his so-called "reforms" actually resulted in any real savings for the government (health care costs actually soared during the years when Klein served as Premier), and many changes actually created long term problems that still have not been remedied. Essentially Klein was a one-trick-pony focused on eliminating the provincial debt at any cost and without any real vision for the future.

However, having stated all of this, I see no reason why an award that has been handed out to professional athletes and entertainers should not be handed out to a professional politician.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

Considering some of the others who have received the Order, I see no reason why Klein does not qualify. I am not a Klein supporter BTW. When in power he was actually bad for Alberta, frequently using sarcasm and insults to stifle debate and actually putting together a Nixon-style "enemies" list of people and organizations he had to get.
His term in power featured incredible luck, taking office when oil prices were low and within a few years seeing increases that resulted in huge government surpluses. At the same time he privatized many government services resulting in increased costs for the average Albertan without any real improvement in service. He also allowed Alberta's infrastructure to decline, particularly in the critical areas of health care, education, and transport. None of his so-called "reforms" actually resulted in any real savings for the government (health care costs actually soared during the years when Klein served as Premier), and many changes actually created long term problems that still have not been remedied. Essentially Klein was a one-trick-pony focused on eliminating the provincial debt at any cost and without any real vision for the future.
However, having stated all of this, I see no reason why an award that has been handed out to professional athletes and entertainers should not be handed out to a professional politician.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
It looks like it was something of a recognition and honour back in 1967, but that today any buffoon can receive or reject the order of Canada. By all means, give it to the guy with soup for brains.

Cannuck

He has frontal lobe dimentia/alzheimers, so perhaps those bad behaviors were nothing more than early signs ... but still, they cannot be overlooked.

Quote:

There is no timeline connection between Klein's dimentia and his prior bad acts.

Maybe you should make up your mind.

Ariadne

Maybe you should make up your mind.

Nothing to make up ...

Ralph Klein was dignosed with Alzheimer's Disease about a year ago. The form of the illness that he has is rapid and permanent. His frontal lobe has turned to soup. Could previous bad acts of a guy with soup for brains be a result of rapidly deteriorating Alzheimer's Disease 10-15 years later?

Kakato

Nothing to make up ...

Ralph Klein was dignosed with Alzheimer's Disease about a year ago. The form of the illness that he has is rapid and permanent. His frontal lobe has turned to soup. Could previous bad acts of a guy with soup for brains be a result of rapidly deteriorating Alzheimer's Disease 10-15 years later?

Yet he still is probably wiser then you will ever be.

I get a kick out of toying with the folks that hate Alberta,it amazes me to no end the hate some have for this province and how far they will go.I face the fact that im dealing with immature kids when I do this but it allways brings a smile to my face.
Have a good day.

Spade
I understand Kakato is from Manitoba.