No Order of Canada for Ralph Klein

gerryh
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Premier Lougheed signed on to a revised NEP in September, 1981.

Myth taken, again.

forget it spade, kakato knows everything about everything and is never wrong. Ask him, he'll tell ya.

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

forget it spade, kakato knows everything about everything and is never wrong. Ask him, he'll tell ya.

No,I actually only post on topics I know about ger. You on the other hand dive into every topic with some sort of twisted agenda.
Ralph was a better man then you will ever be my friend.
I have had an interesting life so far ger,unlike you I expanded my horizons past selling furnaces to folks,try and make a differance ok?

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by KakatoView Post

No,I actually only post on topics I know about ger.

Must have stumbled into this one...

Kakato
Your links not working,Want some help with html and all that?

gerryh

No,I actually only post on topics I know about ger. You on the other hand dive into every topic with some sort of twisted agenda.
Ralph was a better man then you will ever be my friend.

You really don't follow along do you. I have always said Ralph was a great premier for Alberta. I voted for him as a matter of Fact. I haven't voted conservative since he left though. That said, I see no reason to give him credit for things that he had nothing to do with. It was Lougheed that made the feds back down and revise the NEP into something Alberta could live with. Ralph had absolutely nothing to do with it. You giving Ralph credit for it takes away from the great job that Lougheed did.

Ariadne

He carried the torch,we all remember PET,Ralph kinda told the east that he was going to make sure we didnt get raped by eastern Canada and we did'nt get raped by the feds.

You have a link I presume? Because I could say your a child molester but without proof it means nothing but it still makes you look bad.

Proof about Klein performing the marriage ceremony for his daughter where polygamy was a problem?

Kakato

You really don't follow along do you. I have always said Ralph was a great premier for Alberta. I voted for him as a matter of Fact. I haven't voted conservative since he left though. That said, I see no reason to give him credit for things that he had nothing to do with. It was Lougheed that made the feds back down and revise the NEP into something Alberta could live with. Ralph had absolutely nothing to do with it. You giving Ralph credit for it takes away from the great job that Lougheed did.

Lougheed was great,I spent last summer working in a park named after him.
Ralph kept the easterners at bay after Lougheed left,Not many Easterner politicians wanted to **** with us then.

Spade
+1
Wrong again. Getty was premier after Lougheed.

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

Proof about Klein performing the marriage ceremony for his daughter where polygamy was a problem?

Well if your going to say this repeatedly then post a link.

gerryh
Ralph Klein's son-in-law investigated for bigamy (external - login to view)

Kakato
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Wrong again. Getty was premier after Lougheed.

Getty was an idiot,thats why hes never mentioned in Alberta. Your not from Alberta are you?

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Ya he told the people who wanted a National Energy Policy to get lost, well if we had
a national energy policy now we would be a heck of a lot better off. We need to keep
as much black gold for our own nation as we can, and what we do ship should be as
refined product.
Alberta can boast all it wants and protest but before Jed Clampett discovered crude
south of Edmonton the rest of the country carried that Province on its back. How quick
some forget. Yes Alberta has paid more than its share since then but that is the price
of being Canadian, BC has paid a lot too and I don't have a problem with that at all.
I suppose its because I have always been somewhat of an economic nationalist.
Yes I support a Canada first policy in exports, and all natural resources.

I'm sure all of Alberta is looking forward to that pipe running west so as to open up the Asian markets. After that, we've got the northern shipping channel for controlling/managing oil markets. Seems to me that Canada is in an excellent position ... but I agree that all that oil should be refined at home ... if it can be refined without any environmental consequence. Otherwise, let it be refined elsewhere, but keep the price up.

Kakato

Ralph Klein's son-in-law investigated for bigamy (external - login to view)

Any charges?

gerryh

Getty was an idiot,thats why hes never mentioned in Alberta. Your not from Alberta are you?

Whom Albertans elected 3 times from '85 to '92.

Are Albertans in the habit of reelecting idiots over and over again?

Kakato

I'm sure all of Alberta is looking forward to that pipe running west so as to open up the Asian markets. After that, we've got the northern shipping channel for controlling/managing oil markets. Seems to me that Canada is in an excellent position ... but I agree that all that oil should be refined at home ... if it can be refined without any environmental consequence. Otherwise, let it be refined elsewhere, but keep the price up.

No,you really have no idea how much oil and gas we have and it needs to go somewhere so peeps like you with mutual funds can make their 10%. return on their mutuals.

Whom Albertans elected 3 times from '85 to '92.

Are Albertans in the habit of reelecting idiots over and over again?

Maybe you should have ran ger,you would have been a shoe in.

Ariadne
+1

Well if your going to say this repeatedly then post a link.

This was the second link in the google search page: "ralph klein" daughter marriage polygamy

Canadian politics, riding by riding: an in-depth analysis of Canada's 301 ... - Tony L. Hill - Google Books (external - login to view)

Kakato
So he never got charged?

Ariadne

No,you really have no idea how much oil and gas we have and it needs to go somewhere so peeps like you with mutual funds can make their 10%. return on their mutuals.

Are you thinking that the world will run out of oil and no one will know what to do?

I prefer stock brokers.

So he never got charged?

Of course not! He was Ralph Klein ... the guy with a guick wit, a dry humour and a lot of colourful stories. Performing a polygamous ceremony for his daughter was just one more colourful story.

Kakato
+1

Are you thinking that the world will run out of oil and no one will know what to do?

I prefer stock brokers.

Well if you have mutual funds your an investor in the oilsands,thank us Albertans later for developing this resource so the rest of Canada can retire with wealth.

If he never got charged why did you post it then?

Ariadne

Well if you have mutual funds your an investor in the oilsands,thank us Albertans later for developing this resource so the rest of Canada can retire with wealth.

If he never got charged why did you post it then?

If the rest of the country can retire on Alberta's wealth then out with the foodbanks! Let them eat bread.

Why did I post the point about Ralph Klein's polygamous wedding performance in a thread about why he may not deserve the Order of Canada? Seriuosly?

Kakato

If the rest of the country can retire on Alberta's wealth then out with the foodbanks! Let them eat bread.

Why did I post the point about Ralph Klein's polygamous wedding performance in a thread about why he may not deserve the Order of Canada? Seriuosly?

If it wasent for the oilsands employing easterners right now Canada would be in dire straits,I sure as hell dont see any other provinces then Saskatchewan trying to better this country.Do you?

Sorry but if you want cash then you better move because the transfer payments are going to die out soon.

Tonington
+1

Ralph was a good guy.He stuck up for his province and told the rest wanting the NEP to go **** themselves,thats why he will allways be remembered as a leader with balls.

Balls? Saying what is popular amongst your constituents is ballsey? Yeah right.

Kakato
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Balls? Saying what is popular amongst your constituents is ballsey? Yeah right.

You dont know Ralph like some of us do.Thats ok,Go on hateing Alberta,were used to it.

No charges? Anyone got some legit porof to all these allegations against Ralph?

If not then STFU!

Ariadne

If it wasent for the oilsands employing easterners right now Canada would be in dire straits,I sure as hell dont see any other provinces then Saskatchewan trying to better this country.Do you?

Sorry but if you want cash then you better move because the transfer payments are going to die out soon.

I disagree.

I'm not sure about whether Ralph Klein should receive the Order of Canada. If it's standard procedure to give the award to former Premiers, then I have to wonder why it's taken so long for the conversation to start. If the decision today is that he does not merit the award ... then so be it. He has a checkered history and there's no point in devaluing the award by issuing it to everyone, regardless of track record.

Do you believe that Alberta will run out of oil?

Doesn't oil have something to do with dinosaur bones and stuff trapped between the layers? When it's gone, I suppose it's gone. Maybe it would be a good time to get into engineering and design that electric car, turn salt water into drinking water, or heat your home with sunlight.

gerryh

You dont know Ralph like some of us do.Thats ok,Go on hateing Alberta,were used to it.

If not then STFU!

All these? I only saw Adrienne coming up with something about his daughter marrying someone that was already married. What other allegations fall into "all these"?

Kakato
Ariadne (external - login to view) Too funny! You have no clue,dont come to |Alberta,you will be laughed out of the province.

All these? I only saw Adrienne coming up with something about his daughter marrying someone that was already married. What other allegations fall into "all these"?

Read up ger and try to keep up ok?

Ariadne

If not then STFU!

I provided you with a history of Canada book reference. If that's not good enough, then nothing is ... meaning you don't want to believe it because it doesn't sit well with you. He wasn't charged, as far as I know, but maybe he was. You'll have to check the legal records in Southern Alberta (where the ceremony was held). If he was charged, it was dealt with quickly ... but who cares. It happened.

Have you met Ralph Klein? I know he likes fishing along the Bow and hanging out at the Calgarian. That's what he did before he became Mayor. Where did you meet him?

Durry
+1
So let's see, Conrad Black still has his OoC, and he's in the slammer,,,,,,,oh yeah, I forgot, he's an easterner!!!

Maybe we shuda done what Ralph said,,,,I mean the part about the dark,,,,,just saying.

How you easterners doing with the $2.2B we sent you recently in Eqaualization payments??

Ariadne

Ariadne (external - login to view) Too funny! You have no clue,dont come to |Alberta,you will be laughed out of the province.

So you're a born and raised, eh?

Kakato

I provided you with a history of Canada book reference. If that's not good enough, then nothing is ... meaning you don't want to believe it because it doesn't sit well with you. He wasn't charged, as far as I know, but maybe he was. You'll have to check the legal records in Southern Alberta (where the ceremony was held). If he was charged, it was dealt with quickly ... but who cares. It happened.

Have you met Ralph Klein? I know he likes fishing along the Bow and hanging out at the Calgarian. That's what he did before he became Mayor. Where did you meet him?

I live in southern Alberta so I call bull****!