moving

katrinakat

Sep 29, 2011
I am looking to move somewhere in BC. I don't really care where
but am looking for places that rent is not too high.

Does such a place exist in BC?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Kitsault and Ocean Falls are a couple that come to mind, but before you physically go there, I'd check on the supply of accommodations and if you want a job that might pose a problem but check it out.

Salmon Arm, Vernon, Cranbrook, Smithers, Terrace. Of course that would be because there are not alot of jobs.

I don't think Vernon is very cheap.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Ok thank you. I need a job so I will have to do some thinking.
Then you should be looking at work first and accomodations later. You are not buying a house so there is always rent somewhere and as long as you don't sign a lease you can move. It should always be job first. What are you moving to BC for? Family? Just work? Climate? Lots of questions you need answered before you come this way.

Kitsault and Ocean Falls are a couple that come to mind, but before you physically go there, I'd check on the supply of accommodations and if you want a job that might pose a problem but check it out.

Depends on where you want to live there JLM and first of all - she needs to define in-expensive to her way of thinking. Some people think $500.00 a month is expensive and others think $1400.00 a month is cheap. Depends on who you are and what you do.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Nope - My grandchildren are 4 minutes East of me.
Two of mine are closer than 4 min. and I have no idea if it's East or whatever. Just close. I look after them around about 3 days a week and I look after the other 3 (who live further away but go to school almost on my door step) 5 days every second week.

JLM - you are biased! Vancouver Island is a wonderful place to live. I love the Okanagan too but there is nothing wrong with the Island (unless you live in Victoria - I don't like Victoria).

any price is worth living in bc
What part of BC are you from Sean? There has to be a reason you love BC so much.

Hmmm - I just looked at the OP and it's not you whose looking for a place to live in BC Sean is it? I wondered about the "any price" thing.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
VanIsle; [B said:
JLM[/B] - you are biased! Vancouver Island is a wonderful place to live. I love the Okanagan too but there is nothing wrong with the Island (unless you live in Victoria - I don't like Victoria).

Yep, I was born in Victoria and spent about 45 years of my life living up and down the Island. Unfortunately the weather is not suitable for my wife.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Two of mine are closer than 4 min. and I have no idea if it's East or whatever. Just close. I look after them around about 3 days a week and I look after the other 3 (who live further away but go to school almost on my door step) 5 days every second week.

JLM - you are biased! Vancouver Island is a wonderful place to live. I love the Okanagan too but there is nothing wrong with the Island (unless you live in Victoria - I don't like Victoria).

What part of BC are you from Sean? There has to be a reason you love BC so much.

Hmmm - I just looked at the OP and it's not you whose looking for a place to live in BC Sean is it? I wondered about the "any price" thing.

They were 600 metres south - Then sold in the spring and moved up to a 2 storey.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Lots of accommodation in Kitsault.Far as I know only one house is occupied. Ocean falls has a few vacancies as well. So does Thasis. Cheap too. Of course there are no jobs in these locations which explains the low rent and high vacancy rate. If the weather in these areas was better I'm sure all the welfare bums would flock there.

Yep, east of Hope!

There is nothing east of Hope. Hence the name.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Lots of accommodation in Kitsault.Far as I know only one house is occupied. Ocean falls has a few vacancies as well. So does Thasis. Cheap too. Of course there are no jobs in these locations which explains the low rent and high vacancy rate. If the weather in these areas was better I'm sure all the welfare bums would flock there.

I worked in Tahsis when it was humming, but before they had a road in. But yes, they did get the odd shower. :lol: