Update on Micheal Jackson

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
He's dead and the major networks have devoted thousands of hours already to the dearly departed twit. It's a good thing there's nothing more important happening in the world than this dead unfortunates early tragic heartbreaking death that leaves us all shattered and thoroughly depressed..

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
in other news, Darkbeaver watches the major networks.

Did MJ's death interrupt Days of our Lives, beaver? :smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I guess my sentiments are a little different from the mainstream. When it comes to guys f*****g around with little children, I think any accomplishments are automatically negated. How can the harm of destroying a child be compensated?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I guess my sentiments are a little different from the mainstream. When it comes to guys f*****g around with little children, I think any accomplishments are automatically negated. How can the harm of destroying a child be compensated?

They can't, ever, and they can bury all of his music accomplishments with
him, and delete him forever, I've got more legitimate people to admire than
a pedophile.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

I'm pretty sure he was acquitted of those charges.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Pissing on a man's grave is low when the body is not even cold. How about we give him a decent burial and then release the hounds?

No one is denying his messed up life over the past 15 or 20 years. Perhaps his father Joe Jackson has more to answer for than Michael Jackson. Forcing a 5 year old to a regimental and structured way of life such as MJ led is not healthy at all. Being the runt of the family (and shy to boot) he got more than his fair share of verbal and physical abuse. When he finally had the courage to break away from the family and strike out on his own he was not equipped to handle the stresses of adult life. I wonder how many kids go through life like that? Having to withstand the rigors and stresses placed on them by overbearing parents only to come out the other side with such severe psychological problems they can't cope with day to day life?

Look at the man in the mirror.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
An acquital doesn't mean he was not guilty.
Question to everyone - How many threads do we have to have for Michael Jackson??????

VanIsle, Talloola- Just to set the record straight, I'd have no problem with p*ss*ng on his grave 5 minutes after he's dead and I think you are both more or less with me on that score. "He was never convicted"-- Doesn't take rocket science to figure that out- the guy he paid out was probably just as screwed up as he was. Would an innocent man pay out $millions - that is tantamount to an admission of guilt right there. What if he'd been a pauper? He'd be someone's boy in jail for the next 50 years. He was just as corrupt as the system. But I guess it's all a sign of the times, a voice, a slap shot, or a beautiful face is more valuable today than common decency.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Sometimes it is simply more expedient to pay a settlement than to fight an accusation. I think at the time, 15 million was a drop in the bucket for the creep. He spent lots, had lots, and borrowed lots. He was irrational, IMO, so it may have been just a whim for him to fork the $15M over. Who knows?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I think he was a guy who never had a childhood and tried to live one in his later years. Having all that cash around he was an easy target. Macaulay Calkin was one kid who spent his youth there. If I remember correctly he called the charges absurd.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
VanIsle, Talloola- Just to set the record straight, I'd have no problem with p*ss*ng on his grave 5 minutes after he's dead and I think you are both more or less with me on that score.

Isn't there a law against that in the bible? "Cast not thy piss upon the ground". Yur gonna hell fur shur.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Wow, two mickey jackson threads so shortly after his death ... is this thread different from the last and should I be listening to country music if I have had enough of the pedophile's "dead" publicity.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
An acquital is evidence that there is no evidence. Without evidence, on what does one base their opinions?

I personally listen to a crawdad in a tophat.

That's bull sh*t, people have been acquitted on a technicality like somebody said something stupid or a cop forgot to jot a "J".