World War II: The Holocaust

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A set of high quality historical images from various concentration camps, mainly after their liberation. Some were used as evidence at the Nuremberg Trials.

Not for the squeamish.

One of the most horrific terms in history was used by Nazi Germany to designate human beings whose lives were unimportant, or those who should be killed outright: Lebensunwertes Leben, or "life unworthy of life". First applied to the mentally impaired, later to the "racially inferior", or "sexually deviant", or merely "enemies of the state" both internal and external. From very early in the war, part of Nazi policy was to murder civilians en masse, especially targeting Jews -- which later in the war became Hitler's "final solution", the complete extermination of the Jews. Beginning with Einsatzgruppen death squads in the East, killing some 1,000,000 people in numerous massacres, later in concentration camps where prisoners were actively denied proper food and health care, and ending with the construction of extermination camps -- government facilities whose entire purpose was the systematic murder and disposal of massive numbers of people. In 1945, as advancing Allied troops began discovering many camps, they found the results of these policies: hundreds of thousands of starving and sick prisoners locked in with more thousands of dead bodies. Evidence of gas chambers, high-volume crematoriums, thousands of mass graves, documentation of awful medical experimentation, and much more. The Nazis killed more than 10 million people in this manner, including 6 million Jews. (This entry is Part 18 of a weekly 20-part retrospective of World War II) [45 photos]

Warning: All images in this entry are shown in full, not screened out for graphic content. There are many dead bodies. The photographs are graphic and stark. This is the reality of genocide, and of an important part of World War II and human history.

World War II: The Holocaust - Alan Taylor - In Focus - The Atlantic

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is nothing short of disgusting, and to think some will say this never happened.
My father who was a soldier in WWII says it did that in itself is good enough for me.
Today I saw on television, it was this morning. on either CBC or CNN that the rules
have changed, the German Government has announced that those still alive and
that worked in a death camp, are criminals also and should be prosecuted. That
means SS Camp Guards as they were there for one purpose, or the women prison
guards of those institutions. Long overdue in my opinion. I also wonder how many
made their way here to Canada to live amongst us, and I think we should deport
them post haste. Yes even if they became Canadians, strip them of citizenship and
send them back to justice.
We have sent criminals back to Africa and to some other areas of Europe. There
should be no place for them to hide and there should be a public accounting of their
crimes. This world has a lot of unfinished business to take care of and that includes
a lot of Russian Communists who participated in the murder of another thirty million
people before, during and after the second world war.

There is a lot of injustice in the world and a lot of people should pay for their crimes,
but this is the corner stone of business left undone and it should not have taken this
long. Many are dead true, but their names and their positions in the camp should be
made public and those still alive should be hauled before the courts like a prejudgment
day as it were.
If nothing else this should be a good discussion,

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
This is nothing short of disgusting, and to think some will say this never happened.
My father who was a soldier in WWII says it did that in itself is good enough for me.
Today I saw on television, it was this morning. on either CBC or CNN that the rules
have changed, the German Government has announced that those still alive and
that worked in a death camp, are criminals also and should be prosecuted. That
means SS Camp Guards as they were there for one purpose, or the women prison
guards of those institutions. Long overdue in my opinion. I also wonder how many
made their way here to Canada to live amongst us, and I think we should deport
them post haste. Yes even if they became Canadians, strip them of citizenship and
send them back to justice.

DG

And we have "The Deniers" - Then those that say the numbers are not accurate - then the ones that scream - well others died.

What they fail to understand is that the Jews were the 1st people to be mass murdered, assembly line style - That Hitler and his henchmen would divert material, trains, etc just so more Jews could be killed. Critical battles were lost to the Russians due to this fact of Genocide.

And after Hitler was done with the Jews, the next were the Slavs. And then it would be another group.

The 1st and hopefully last time that an assembly line Genocide occurs - The above are what many fail to understand.

Be prepared for the usual suspects to arrive - Or perhaps they have had their respective asses reamed so often on facts that they will not show. I doubt that, but there is always hope.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Oh I am prepared for that. I particularly like those who say it happened so long ago.
So What? Before we can expect the world to be different we have to own up to what
was and those responsible should be brought to justice.
This is not cue the nuts, it is time to make public the faces and the names of the
killers who were able to hide behind nice polite smiles for decades. Now is the time
to pull the masks off and reveal just who these nice little old folks are.
We can no longer capture all the faces of those who were murdered but we can reveal
those who were the murderers, and let the world know just what monsters have been
living in the worlds neighbourhoods.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
May all those responsible for the Holocaust be hunted down.

May all those who profited from the Holocaust be punished without mercy.

May all those evil enough to have engineered and executed the Holocaust burn in heck forever.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
May all those responsible for the Holocaust be hunted down.

May all those who profited from the Holocaust be punished without mercy.

May all those evil enough to have engineered and executed the Holocaust burn in heck forever.

Well said and we know it would not and still does not happen.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Check it out - What you find will be quite surprising. Go back to 32-33 and the years up to 41 - and research who funded Hitler - who purchased factories that were confiscated - Who operated factories in Germany prior to the US action after Hitler declared war on the US - right after Pearl Harbor.

Who then prior to War set these aside as a separate business in Germany.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Check it out - What you find will be quite surprising. Go back to 32-33 and the years up to 41 - and research who funded Hitler - who purchased factories that were confiscated - Who operated factories in Germany prior to the US action after Hitler declared war on the US - right after Pearl Harbor.

I know all about Ford and Fordwerke.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

CHAPTER SIX: Henry Ford and the Nazis

Henry Ford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ford's 1927 apology was well received. "Four-Fifths of the hundreds of letters addressed to Ford in July of 1927 were from Jews, and almost without exception they praised the Industrialist."[69] In January 1937, a Ford statement to the Detroit Jewish Chronicle disavowed "any connection whatsoever with the publication in Germany of a book known as the International Jew."[69]

In July 1938, prior to the outbreak of war, the German consul at Cleveland gave Ford, on his 75th birthday, the award of the Grand Cross of the German Eagle, the highest medal Nazi Germany could bestow on a foreigner.[60] James D. Mooney, vice-president of overseas operations for General Motors, received a similar medal, the Merit Cross of the German Eagle, First Class.[60] [70]

Power, Ignorance, and Anti-Semitism: Henry Ford and His War on Jews
Anti-Semitism has been described as being a disease of the soul. It is a prejudice that has gained particular notoriety in the 20th Century� the century of Treblinka and Auschwitz. However; this phenomenon of hate has not just been confined to the continent of Europe. In 1920, a small newspaper in Dearborn, Michigan began publishing a series of articles entitled: �The International Jew: The World�s Foremost Problem.� The newspaper was owned by the famous automobile manufacturer; Henry Ford. Through a combination of influence, power; and ignorance, he was able to unleash the largest and most damaging campaign against Jews ever waged in the United States.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Lots of big corporations of the day were blackmailed by Nazis and forced to make money in Germany against their will. The allies had to liberate IBM didn't they?