Votes: 5 25.0%
  • staying the same

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • undecided

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

snfu73

disturber of the peace
My neighbourhood is getting EXPENSIVE! Housing prices have doubled and tripled on my street since we moved in 4 years ago. It's insane. It isn't an overly nice neighbourhood, but we can't afford to buy a house in it, that's fer sure. Other than that, we have our share of noise and crap that gets to me at times...but, that's been the way it's been from day one.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I have decided to install an underground lawn sprinkler system. It's costing me over 3g's but I couldn't be happier. It takes me about 5 hours of shuffling hoses around the yard in the spring and summer to water the bloody thing. I get it installed within the next 3 weeks. Usually when I spend more than $50 on anything I get some form of buyers remorse. With this decision I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. The best 3g's I could ever spend. Too bad it didn't come with an automatic lawn mower.

The hood is ok too.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I have decided to install an underground lawn sprinkler system. It's costing me over 3g's but I couldn't be happier. It takes me about 5 hours of shuffling hoses around the yard in the spring and summer to water the bloody thing. I get it installed within the next 3 weeks. Usually when I spend more than $50 on anything I get some form of buyers remorse. With this decision I keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. The best 3g's I could ever spend. Too bad it didn't come with an automatic lawn mower.

The hood is ok too.
Why water your lawn?? I've never watered a lawn in my life!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Why water your lawn?? I've never watered a lawn in my life!

Because we have these hoity toity neighbours who point fingers and laugh at us slobs. I also like to have a decent looking lawn.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
They have their own sprinkler sustems. They just laugh at me from their windows.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Because we have these hoity toity neighbours who point fingers and laugh at us slobs. I also like to have a decent looking lawn.
Screw the neighbours...who cares what they think, that's what I say. I dunno...I prefer the look of a more natural lawn...if there really is such a thing....not one uniform type of grass, no water, let it do it's thing. Plus, man, it's gotta cost alot to water a lawn all the time. I dunno, it just isn't my thing.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
still.. 5 hours? i dont know why u do it

If I want to maintain my lawn I can't water until after 7pm every second day and it takes until between 11 and 12 to cover the darn thing shifting hoses around. Not that it's big it's just a pain in the butt corner lot layout.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
have u ever tried letting it die and never looking at it at all? and leaving dog turds on the front door steps of those who laugh?
Not really. I actually enjoy having a nice looking lawn. I just dislike the time it takes to make it that way.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Hire someone. Three thousand bucks would go a decent way in having someone do the work for you....no?
Even if I did, that doesn't add any value to the house. An inground system is a desirable selling feature. The cost would likely be recovered in a sale whereas hiring people to do the yardwork is a basic unrecoverable expense.