Good British Bands.

snowles

Electoral Member
May 21, 2006
Atikokan, Ontario
What about Symtom of The Down, where are they from?:wave:

Is that a parody band? All I know is System Of A Down, who are American, but of Armenian heritage.

It's showing on your guys: I'm either one of the younger posters on board, or you're just all really old :laughing7:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Is that a parody band? All I know is System Of A Down, who are American, but of Armenian heritage.

It's showing on your guys: I'm either one of the younger posters on board, or you're just all really old :laughing7:
Hey HEy Hey The nurse that comes to take care of me keeps say that I''m still young at heart. She thinks I can do the New York marathon in my walker. lol

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Wow, I like a lot of those bands.

Some other ones I listen to, which I think are British. Are Sex Pistols, The Clash, and Muse.

yeah, same here.lots of the old peoples music i never heard of, but my favourite old fashioned band is the beatles. they rock. i just bought one of their cds this week at the mall called "magical mystery tour" this cd rocks. have you heard it?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
yeah, same here.lots of the old peoples music i never heard of, but my favourite old fashioned band is the beatles. they rock. i just bought one of their cds this week at the mall called "magical mystery tour" this cd rocks. have you heard it?

Good choice. What a collection of songs that is.

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
Good choice. What a collection of songs that is.

As one of those "old people" Maple talks about, I must say how impressed I am that Beatles music can still be bought. And further IS being bought by people who were born well after the demise of the band.Of all the artists in the past fifty years, I don't believe any still capture the mindset of the world as much as The Beatles still do.Just turn on any radio station and you're bound to hear a Beatles song at some point. In fact, my cousin is still a Beatle-maniac and he claims every one of their CD's(what we called albums) are still readily available. For those of us alive when they changed the world overnight, we never imagined that those four guys in the odd suits on Sullivan singing "I Want To Hold Your Hand" would go on to become the cultural icons they are today.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
As one of those "old people" Maple talks about, I must say how impressed I am that Beatles music can still be bought. And further IS being bought by people who were born well after the demise of the band.Of all the artists in the past fifty years, I don't believe any still capture the mindset of the world as much as The Beatles still do.Just turn on any radio station and you're bound to hear a Beatles song at some point. In fact, my cousin is still a Beatle-maniac and he claims every one of their CD's(what we called albums) are still readily available. For those of us alive when they changed the world overnight, we never imagined that those four guys in the odd suits on Sullivan singing "I Want To Hold Your Hand" would go on to become the cultural icons they are today.
The Beatles didn't rubber stamp tunes to fit the commercial market. They did what they wanted and created many timeless masterpieces. Today talent is hired by producers to fit into a little plastic mold for the commercial market. No originality and no individuality, and it shows.

karra

Ranter
Jan 3, 2006
here, there, and everywher
The entire collection of British Invasion bands;

Chad & Jeremy
The Kinks
The Easybeats
Gerry and the Pacemakers
Freddie and the Dreamers

to name but a few,

all made possible with the performances of Pan's People, natch. . . .:)