COVID-19 'Pandemic'

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

This year I not only had the flu shot but a pneumonia vaccination as well. Didn't even know those existed. Had to wait for the drug store to get it in but recommended by my doctor so both my hubby and I got that vaccination as well. So far, so good. (fingers crossed). My hubby has COPD so it's important we both stay healthy.
My wife makes me get it lol

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Geez you can be a thick asshole, obviously very low I.Q. Just take a look at your own Prime Minister...………..I for one don't want to end up like him...………………...Idiot!

All this lockdown and social distancing nonsense is second nature for you. I bet you've been doing it everyday for years to avoid getting the flu or a cold.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

Thought it prudent to once again reference this post in which you wondered how Americans would react if America sent aid to another country that was needed locally, well turns out they did. Not to Canada, but to China:
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...4B-qYtq8qc25FofgG4PgxMcRhCXAcvas2EuktQ1TggH7z
The U.S. State Department shipped 17.8 tons of donated coronavirus medical supplies to China seven weeks ago, when health experts and some American lawmakers were already seeking federal action to prepare the country for the disease.
The massive shipment to China included medical masks, gowns and respirators, now in desperately short supply across America. The supplies were contributed by American companies and nonprofits, according to a U.S. Agency for International Development official.
The State Department touted its aid to China in a press release Feb. 7, three weeks after the first COVID-19 case emerged in Washington state. The statement said the agency was prepared to spend $100 million on the fight against the disease in China and other foreign countries. That was the same day the World Health Organization sounded an alert that such supplies were in critically short supply around the globe.

Feb 7th to be precise. Pompeo showed pallets being off loaded from a plane.....sort of like pallets of cash but real.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

As I found out too late those pneumonia shots are only good for ONE type of pneumonia and they've since recommended you get one every 5 years or so. I think (not sure) it may be viral pneumonia it protects against.
Communicable pneumonia itself is different than other flus and colds turning into pneumonia the lung infection.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

All this lockdown and social distancing nonsense is second nature for you. I bet you've been doing it everyday for years to avoid getting the flu or a cold.

He gets the flu shot.

Why?

Smart.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

This turns into pneumonia in hours is airborne and fomite transmitted. That's what makes it different

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Geez you can be a thick asshole, obviously very low I.Q. Just take a look at your own Prime Minister...………..I for one don't want to end up like him...………………...Idiot!

But its just like the flu. He will be fine. :rolleyes:

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

It doesn't even work.

It works for the correct strain.

Scientists, you know, the smart folk who know how fire works. They are working on a vaccine that will prevent all flu's, current and future.

Lets wish them luck shall we.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

But its just like the flu. He will be fine. :rolleyes:

You think he's going to die, do you?

He's only got a bit of a cold, for God's sake.

Considering coronavirus doesn't kill almost everyone it infects - even 90% of the over 80s survive - and all he's suffering from is a bit of a high temp, I'm fairly certain he'll be fine.

Too many people on here are just gullibly believing all the scaremongering drivel they see on the mainstream media.

So many people seem to think we're dealing with another Black Death.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Scientists, you know, the smart folk who know how fire works. They are working on a vaccine that will prevent all flu's, current and future.

So that means such a vaccine isn't around yet.

Thanks for that.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

UofS has the lead. It's in animal testing right now. They arent bigpharma but will certainly have a huge boost to lab funding for quite sometime.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

UofS has the lead. It's in animal testing right now. They arent bigpharma but will certainly have a huge boost to lab funding for quite sometime.

I understand these labs are having trouble with funding. Is this something you are aware of?