Being transgender is a ‘mental disorder

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We were taught that gender is defined by the sexual parts i.e. penis = male, vagina = female and I doubt if that can be changed by changing philosophy. That's science! I'm pretty sure others will tell you the same thing!
Sexuality is like an Ikea flat pack .... Tab "A" into Slot "B" and always follow the instructions, eh?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Actually, no.
https://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html
Personal experience talking here: gender is not stagnant, it's not just one way or another. Gender can be fluid.
Actually yes. Read closer

First line in your link says: "Humans are born with 46 chromosomes in 23 pairs. The X and Y chromosomes determine a person’s sex."

Further down in paragraph 2: "Gender, typically described in terms of masculinity and femininity, is a social construction that varies across different cultures and over time."

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Trans or not, if these people should not be around women or kids, then they shouldn't be around women or kids. Period.
The problem is what happens to them? Putting them in a male prison isn't right, putting them in a situation like this isn't right. If you put them in an all woman's prison for worse offenders, do you separate them and in so doing wait for the lawsuit to happen?
Personally, I think asking the trans community their opinion about what to do would be a start.
NO. We have to ask the people PAYING for the right to that opinion first. If the trans "people" are paying for what they want to do, fine. If not, then NO, they don't get a say "for a start".

If you want to pay for it, YOU can "wacks jessica's balls". (Or HE can pay YOU)

BUT PLEASE: post pictures of the sincerity of your opinion in the adult section only .

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Actually yes. Read closer

First line in your link says: "Humans are born with 46 chromosomes in 23 pairs. The X and Y chromosomes determine a person’s sex."

Further down in paragraph 2: "Gender, typically described in terms of masculinity and femininity, is a social construction that varies across different cultures and over time."

Again, actually... no.

Cherry picking won't help you.

Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex.

There are a number of cultures, for example, in which greater gender diversity exists and sex and gender are not always neatly divided along binary lines such as male and female or homosexual and heterosexual. The Berdache in North America, the fa’afafine (Samoan for “the way of a woman”) in the Pacific, and the kathoey in Thailand are all examples of different gender categories that differ from the traditional Western division of people into males and females. Further, among certain North American native communities, gender is seen more in terms of a continuum than categories, with special acknowledgement of “two-spirited” people who encompass both masculine and feminine qualities and characteristics. It is apparent, then, that different cultures have taken different approaches to creating gender distinctions, with more or less recognition of fluidity and complexity of gender.

I mean, come ON, selective reading? Really?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Sexuality is like an Ikea flat pack .... Tab "A" into Slot "B" and always follow the instructions, eh?
Yes, Mr Mrs Miss Miz Madam Epweenerbuck..tell us more!
;)
All the little children need to know the Byrds and the bees and the facts of laugh.

Always wear your rubbers when traipsing through the wet sheets at the nazi dance.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Again, actually... no.
Cherry picking won't help you.
Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex.

There are a number of cultures, for example, in which greater gender diversity exists and sex and gender are not always neatly divided along binary lines such as male and female or homosexual and heterosexual. The Berdache in North America, the fa’afafine (Samoan for “the way of a woman”) in the Pacific, and the kathoey in Thailand are all examples of different gender categories that differ from the traditional Western division of people into males and females. Further, among certain North American native communities, gender is seen more in terms of a continuum than categories, with special acknowledgement of “two-spirited” people who encompass both masculine and feminine qualities and characteristics. It is apparent, then, that different cultures have taken different approaches to creating gender distinctions, with more or less recognition of fluidity and complexity of gender.

I mean, come ON, selective reading? Really?
And all permanent. You can't change your sex.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Well, I think I can shoot holes in that pretty fast! So how is the gender of a new born able to be announced w/o looking at its "parts"? It's also very strange that you never see birth announcements mentioning "gender undetermined". It's also quite strange that you never hear of women being impregnated by someone whose gender is only in their head. Explain all that please

I wonder how it is explained when man transition to woman turn lesbian and impregnate life partner?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
If a trans female offender isn't as dangerous as the ones listed, then I don't see why they shouldn't be with other women.

So I guess the twain shall meet, just has to be under better circumstances.

And that is the entire point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The news article mentioned the worst of the worst................................

being put in with women and kids................................

and THAT IS WHY the subject was raised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO TRY NOW AND THEN to keep up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
And all permanent. You can't change your sex.

There is one consolation I'd be willing to make- once in a blue moon an extra half or full chromosome creeps into the picture as in the case of hermaphrodites but this certainly doesn't correlate with the number of people today claiming to be a third, fourth or fifth gender like the ones whose heads are f**ked! :) :)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
There is one consolation I'd be willing to make- once in a blue moon an extra half or full chromosome creeps into the picture as in the case of hermaphrodites but this certainly doesn't correlate with the number of people today claiming to be a third, fourth or fifth gender like the ones whose heads are f**ked! :) :)

Do you realize that Mary could have been a hermaphrodite?

I fully expect some bible quotes from the usual suspects

Last edited:

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Do you realize that Mary could have been a hermaphrodite?

I fully expect some bible quotes from the usual suspects

And that is the most insightful idea you have had today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly YOU ARE A LIE-beral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Except that's not what the science says anymore.
Sexual parts do not equal gender.
No matter how hard you want to deny it, that's the reality of the situation.
Again, personal experience. And I've had others tell me that despite their parts, they're not what their parts say they are.
Philosophy has nothing to do with it either.
I get it, it's hard for you to understand, you just can't get it through your head, you don't comprehend how it can be like this.
But it's always been like this, just society muzzled any other way but male/female for a long time. Not all societies, mind you; as I said, there are other societies that have recognized other genders besides male/female for centuries.
Some of it is hard to grasp. Especially if you remember any high school biology. I still can't even visualize some of the new ones. Gay and Lesbian I understand because I know quite a few of both, 2 spirit and gender fluid just doesn't make any sense at all.

AnnaEmber

Council Member
Aug 31, 2019
Kootenays BC
Except that's not what the science says anymore.

Sexual parts do not equal gender.

No matter how hard you want to deny it, that's the reality of the situation.

Again, personal experience. And I've had others tell me that despite their parts, they're not what their parts say they are.

Philosophy has nothing to do with it either.

I get it, it's hard for you to understand, you just can't get it through your head, you don't comprehend how it can be like this.

But it's always been like this, just society muzzled any other way but male/female for a long time. Not all societies, mind you; as I said, there are other societies that have recognized other genders besides male/female for centuries.
Yeah. It's not really that hard to understand: sex = physiology ≠ gender = psychology, self-awareness, etc.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I wonder how it is explained when man transition to woman turn lesbian and impregnate life partner?

Depends if the Trans person is on hormone therapy or not.

If she's on anything before transitioning, pregnancy with a female partner isn't likely. If she isn't on anything, then it's simple: the kid has two moms.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Good thing your opinion doesn't matter to science :)

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Some of it is hard to grasp. Especially if you remember any high school biology. I still can't even visualize some of the new ones. Gay and Lesbian I understand because I know quite a few of both, 2 spirit and gender fluid just doesn't make any sense at all.

I get that it's hard to grasp for a lot of people.

In Western society, the ideas of sex/gender are still a 'new' thing.

That doesn't make it less real.

It just means that for society reasons, and religious reasons, having two sexes/genders was the norm, because anything else that 'deviated' was 'evil'. Now people are being told that's not the case and for hundreds and thousands of years, all that thinking is being undone. It'll take time, sadly but for those dealing with it, the shift can't happen soon enough.