Canada's oil imports from Saudi Arabia on the rise

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
We have to choose between two evils .... buying our petroleum from Britain/Norway/Nigeria/Mexico/Venezuela/USA/North Africa/the rest of Arabia and the Saudis ... or from an Alberta that hates Canada.

Nope we love Canada, we hate Southern Ontario and Quebec that are too selfish to think of anyone but themselves. I wonder how a referendum would look if the rest of Canada voted those regions out of the Dominion?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Nope we love Canada, we hate Southern Ontario and Quebec that are too selfish to think of anyone but themselves. I wonder how a referendum would look if the rest of Canada voted those regions out of the Dominion?

If you want to leave Canada, then no, you do not love Canada.

Stop trying to sound like you care anymore. You don't.

Just stop lying to yourself, and others.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Southern Ontario and Quebec are two/thirds of Canada.

You hate Canada.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
We have to choose between two evils .... buying our petroleum from Britain/Norway/Nigeria/Mexico/Venezuela/USA/North Africa/the rest of Arabia and the Saudis ... or from an Alberta that hates Canada.

Why do you think the above? What makes you think that Alberta hates Canada? You do your damn best to flog that horse at every chance regardless of how ludicrously tenuous your position. Except to be a blatant troll, and your family wanting you to freeze in the dark or whatever, what's your motivation?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Why do you think the above? What makes you think that Alberta hates Canada? You do your damn best to flog that horse at every chance regardless of how ludicrously tenuous your position. Except to be a blatant troll, and your family wanting you to freeze in the dark or whatever, what's your motivation?
Until we see the last of the indignation towards Eastern Canada that the West feels because the price of oil tanked world wide and because the East isn't wing-nut social conservative and therefore not up to snuff, it's a fair assumption that Albertans hate the rest of us.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Until we see the last of the indignation towards Eastern Canada that the West feels because the price of oil tanked world wide and because the East isn't wing-nut social conservative and therefore not up to snuff, it's a fair assumption that Albertans hate the rest of us.
If you paid attention instead of freaking out like a teen girl getting threatened of having her phone taken away you'd know it's not about oil.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
If you paid attention instead of freaking out like a teen girl getting threatened of having her phone taken away you'd know it's not about oil.
It's about demographics. You are a smallish region in population but you want to have political control over the larger portion because you feel VICTIMIZED

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you want to leave Canada, then no, you do not love Canada.
Stop trying to sound like you care anymore. You don't.
Just stop lying to yourself, and others.
If I loved the East I would have maybe lived there instead of the West where I lived a few places.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
That's what you think is happening? If Albertans really hated Canada they would have taken their ball and left 1/2 a Trillion dollars ago. They're still here. Can you explain why? How does that fit into your mental construct? Why hasn't Alberta left Canada 50 years ago if they're so wing-nutty-ish?

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
If I loved the East I would have maybe lived there instead of the West where I lived a few places.

Y'know, even knowing there are total jerks out in the West, I'd still love to live there, if only for a while. Cause I realize not all the west is full of jerks and there's some damn decent people out there.

Sad that you aren't that open minded.