Don Cherry fired

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
If the price is right, he can be anyone you want him to be (hint,hint...nudge,nudge).

Reminds me of Pretty Women.

Edward Lewis: “What's your name?”

Vivian: “What do you want it to be?”

T-Bone Spurs is Chief Wannabe.. jumping over corn stubble and chewing on moccasins..

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You should make up your mind
I haven't heard the players planning a strike to have him rehired. The sport has spoken, I wonder if this place can be visited for vermin like him. Bad enough being a refugee no they have to act like they aren't refugees before they can enter Canada. (after NATO fukked up their homeland)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

So that must make him a good guy in Don Cherry's book.
Well, Don Cherry is a fan of Trump, so no surprise.
Harper also cried about the Liberals raiding the public service pension surplus until he got elected.

then it was ok.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
It's taken me a couple of days, but after some sound reflection on this issue I believe I've come to the right conclusion.

Don Cherry meant only the swarthy men of Toronto, and the hairy Italian broads who all need electrolysis should be wearing poppies.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
It's taken me a couple of days, but after some sound reflection on this issue I believe I've come to the right conclusion.

Don Cherry meant only the swarthy men of Toronto, and the hairy Italian broads who all need electrolysis should be wearing poppies.
Yes some of the pelts they are wearing deserves electrolysis.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Have you ever heard of the song Cherokee Nation by Paul Revere and the Raiders?
" They took the whole Cherokee nation
Put us on this reservation
Took away our ways of life
The tomahawk and the bow and knife
Took away our native tongue
And taught their English to our young
And all the beads we made by hand
Are nowadays made in Japan
Cherokee people, Cherokee tribe
So proud to live, so proud to die
They took the whole Indian nation
Locked us on this reservation
Though I wear a shirt and tie
I'm still part redman deep inside
Cherokee people, Cherokee tribe
So proud to live, so proud to die
But maybe someday when they learn
Cherokee nation will return, will return, will return, will return, will return."
Yeah, it's complete bullshit. For example, the Tsa-La-Gi didn't have or use "Bowie knives." Ferfoxsake, the damn knife wasn't even named until 1836 when Jim Bowie made it famous. By then the survivors of the Tsa-La-Gi were already at the far end of the Trail of Tears.

That band was a bunch of dumb white kids. If you want to hear music by Indians in the mainstream, listen to Buffy Ste. Marie, Lobo, or America.

It's as bad as that dipshit Billy Jack movie.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah, it's complete bullshit. For example, the Tsa-La-Gi didn't have or use "Bowie knives." Ferfoxsake, the damn knife wasn't even named until 1836 when Jim Bowie made it famous. By then the survivors of the Tsa-La-Gi were already at the far end of the Trail of Tears.
That band was a bunch of dumb white kids. If you want to hear music by Indians in the mainstream, listen to Buffy Ste. Marie, Lobo, or America.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yes, the " prize for showing up " people would hoid Bobby Orr.
:(
Darned Hoiders...I hoid them!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Family of Humboldt Broncos crash survivor blacklists CTV over comments on The Social

CALGARY – The family of one of the survivors of the Humboldt Broncos bus crash say they will no longer speak with CTV News over The Social host Jessica Allen's comments about hockey.

Allen, one of the hosts on the daytime talk show broadcast on the CTV Network, has been embroiled in controversy because of her reaction to the firing of Don Cherry from the Coach's Corner segment of Hockey Night in Canada.

During Tuesday's show, she said she doesn't "worship at the altar of hockey" and found in her experience that those who do "all tended to be white boys who weren't, let's say, very nice."

In reaction to Allen's statement, Tom Straschnitzki, the father of Ryan Straschnitzki, took to Twitter and said he would not be accepting any further interview requests from CTV News reporters until disciplinary action was taken against the host.

Requests for further comment were not returned.

Thursday evening, Allen tweeted a statement, where she said she regrets "saying my experiences were 'personal' instead of underlining that they were specific episodes from determined moments with particular individuals. As a result, I offended many people.

Not just our viewers, but parents, children, coaches, volunteers, and hockey families everywhere. To you you, I apologize. But I still can't apologize to the very specific hockey players I was referring to on Tuesday. I wish I'd used my voice and privilege more back then."

The entire statement may be viewed here:

A spokesperson for CTV said the comments from Allen have sparked a wider discussion from coast-to-coast but apologized to anyone who was offended by the remarks.

The full statement reads:

CTV’s The Social is based on opinion and debate about current issues, and we often hear from viewers who don’t agree with some of the perspectives on the show.

However, Jessica Allen’s comments about hockey have generated an extraordinary response. We’ve been touched by the stories we’ve heard from Canadians everywhere, including families from Humboldt, about what the game means to them. That matters to us.

We would like to apologize to everyone who was offended by the remarks, and let you know your feedback sparked much debate and introspection at The Social and CTV. We won’t restrict our hosts from offering their opinions on an opinion show, but we’ll always listen to viewers when they offer theirs.

calgary.ctvnews.ca/family-of-humboldt-broncos-crash-survivor-blacklists-ctv-over-comments-on-the-social-

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Is it surprising that a white nationalist climate change denier would also deny that Cherry was speaking about immigrants?
No
it makes perfect sense
$500 worth of food and drink awaits if you can convert me to your Religion by showing me the math.

What are you waiting for?