First Brown face, now Red Faced ROFLOL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
What does Sheer do now that his 'low-ball political tactics' didn't accomplish what it was intended to to do?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
ASK AMY: Costume party idea is rude and racist
Amy Dickinson, Special to Postmedia Network
Published:
November 7, 2019
Updated:
November 7, 2019 6:00 AM EST
(Getty Images file photo)
Dear Amy: We are planning for a costume party at my workplace.
We all decided to dress up as people from an iconic TV show. However, two of my co-workers, who are light skinned, are going over the top to change their skin tone to match the darker-toned cast members.
I personally do not feel comfortable with this and I think it is not only insulting, but very unprofessional.
I’m not sure how to get that across without being rude and my attempts at reconsideration have fallen on deaf ears — it is clearly innocent and meant as a joke in their minds.
I personally do not see it as a joke, and I don’t want to be involved in a group photo with two people doing something I don’t agree with. What can I do?
Story continues below
— Insulted
Dear Insulted: Artificially changing the colour of your skin in order to use another person’s race as part of a costume is demeaning and racist — no matter who does it.
Iconic TV characters likely have many characteristics aside from the actor’s skin tone that your co-workers could use as part of their impersonation.
Given this rude, ill-considered, potentially career-ending behaviour on the part of your co-workers, why are you worried about being rude?
You should say, “I get that you think this is lighthearted and funny, but I’m not comfortable with it. I think this is racist, and not cool or funny at all.”
Do not, under any circumstances, appear in a photo with these “jokers.”

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well, given that Canada will, at some point, have a non-white PM, I think it's a good idea to have a PM who's non-white part of the time. Kinda get you used to the notion gradual-like.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Well, given that Canada will, at some point, have a non-white PM, I think it's a good idea to have a PM who's non-white part of the time. Kinda get you used to the notion gradual-like.

Canada is going downhill with the white idiot we elected, all we have to do now to go down faster is a non white.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
We see what happened with Obama, that’s why you got Trump now to fix thing up.
That's what I said. We went from a non-white to a retard.

That's why you should follow Trudeaubama in 24 Sussex Drive. He's a part-time non-white, and you're a full-time retard.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It doesn't bother me in the least bit so there is nothing to get accustomed to.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
That's what I said. We went from a non-white to a retard.
That's why you should follow Trudeaubama in 24 Sussex Drive. He's a part-time non-white, and you're a full-time retard.

Now, that's being inclusive.

Thing is, for years, us white folks, especially the females have been working on their tans all summer. Does that make them racist? And, Michael Jackson always strived to whiten his skin. He said it was some skin condition, so I guess we have to take his word for it.
This BS with Trudeau being in black face would have never been an issue if the Liberal sorts had not made a great big issue of every little thing....but you reap what you sow I guess.