Veterans are getting higher than SJWs

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Canada's AG says amount of medical marijuana given Vets dangerous
Digital Journal: A Global Digital Media Network
Treating Vets with pot

Veterans Affairs Department is allowing veterans being treated with medical marijuana, often for Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome (PTSD) up to 10 grams of pot daily, sometimes more, Ferguson said in Ottawa today.

However, Ferguson noted, veteran affairs has a report from Health Canada that suggests that is too high. Ferguson said that the government must do a better job of analyzing data and making policy based on reliable data.

In the area of pot that is especially so, he indicated. The medical marijuana program for vets will cost the taxpayer a whooping $25 million this year, he said. It is a figure Ferguson suggested is surprisingly high.

Medical marijuana dosage

The decision to allow a veteran being treated with medical marijuana up to 10 grams daily was not based on evidence, Ferguson found, and he noted that is was "poorly documented."

"Health Canada indicated that more than five grams per day may increase risks with respect to the drug's effect on the cardiovascular, pulmonary, and immune systems," his report said. "And on psychomotor performance, and may increase the risk of drug dependence."

This was an example in the report of the government not acting upon data; other issues include data being unusable because it is lacking in reliability. "Veterans Affairs Canada should implement a decision-making framework that specifies the type of evidence and how it is considered," the report said.

Canada's AG says amount of medical marijuana given Vets dangerous

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
There's 28 grams in an ounce. Depending on the pain level I don't see 10 grams a day being too much particularly because of the low THC content...........

Former NDP MP Peter Stoffer agrees that medical cannabis can have benefits for veterans, but says he's worried about the amount of cannabis former soldiers are allowed under Veterans Affairs Canada rules.

Stoffer, who was veterans affairs critic for the NDP until he was defeated in the 2015 election, believes that the high level of medical marijuana allowed by Veterans Affairs — up to 10 grams a day — is fostering overuse.

"Ten grams a day is an awful lot of marijuana to give one person. It is an incredible amount."

"This is double the amount identified as being appropriate in Veterans Affairs Canada's consultations with external health professionals, and more than three times the amount that Health Canada has reported as being most commonly utilized by individuals for medical purposes," the report said.

The auditor's report also pointed out that while Veterans Affairs manages the only publicly funded plan that covers medical marijuana, "it does not monitor trends that may suggest high-risk utilization."

At least one veterans' group takes issue with Stoffer's position.

"No bureaucrat is entitled to get between a patient and a doctor," said Michael Blais of Canadian Veterans Advocacy. "If that physician has written out a script for whatever, it is Veterans Affairs Canada's obligation to fulfil that script if it relates to the wound. End of story. There's no limitations."

Blais said he takes six grams of marijuana a day to help with complex neurological pain. He said his marijuana has very low counts of THC, which means he doesn't get high. However, Blais said it has helped him get off narcotic painkillers.

He's upset by Stoffer's suggestion that doctors are prescribing too much medical pot.

"We have to understand that these men and women have sustained serious, life-altering trauma in many cases," and that medical marijuana has given them hope.

"And now that they've found relief, now that there's an alternative there, for anyone who is not in pain, who has not sacrificed, to come out and make arbitrary statements on dosage, that — without even looking at [a] man's medical record or talking to his doctor, is ludicrous," Blais said.

Veterans allowed too much pot, says former NDP MP Peter Stoffer - Politics - CBC News

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
If you need ten grams a day it's goat bedding and not medical canabis. What the fuk is marijuana? Mexican ditch weed for the vets, and the government approved pushers are ripping off that same stupid government.

The THC/CBD blend must be formulated for either a mind problem or a physical problem.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Dangerous? How? Isn't it easier to pull the wool over the eyes of stoned-but-happy old soldiers than it is to screw around pissed off people with the training to do the job?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
If it's decent bud Yes.

I'd like to meet the person who could smoke ten grams of good quality bud. I have never smoked more than two grams a day ever, nor would I want or need to. My average consumption is 1/2 joint per day of quality stuff any more than that and I'm napping or stuffing my face.

They sell Oxyconton to veterans, not ganga.

Yeah, and there are no problems are there.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
being shot at to fulfill the military needs of this sterling example of dickbrain is dangerous
pot just helps ease the insane suffering brought on by the resultant PTSD

and don't kid yourself
medical marijuana is more expensive then street, so if it ain't pig pharma in some people's eyes,
it just means they can't see the forest for the trees

hillary promised there will be no legalizing marijuana on her watch to the bankers who bankroll that dope and pay her with drug laundering money.
if they ain't pig farma, then exactly what is?

and right now Trudy is between me and my Marymeds too
we ( people who contract to a dishonest, in the troops case, genocidal, government) did our parts, now the shoe is on the other foot, all we get is pissant wimpa$$ed Bullsh!t in return.

i know a little old lady who gets 16 grams a day
if a big strong soldier can't handle 10 grams a day...
ah....

what it is dangerous to is all the BSers tying to make a billion off of misery they in fact cause people to be suffering them selves...with that BS

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
ALL SIGNS POINT TO A CORPORATE TAKEOVER OF THE MARIJUANA INDUSTRY BY BAYER, MONSANTO

The merger is reported to be one of the biggest of all-cash deal on record.
There are many effects of this huge merger but as usual, the consumer loses out. Firstly, it strengthens the monopolization of the world’s food supply. It also means more GMOs and chemicals to be sprayed on them.
Some are now predicting the merge could also mean the takeover of the marijuana industry.
According to Big Buds Mag:
Monsanto has an intimate business relationship with Scotts Miracle-Gro, a convicted corporate criminal– and Scott’s Miracle-Gro is trying to take over the marijuana industry,
IS MONSANTO GOING AFTER THE POT INDUSTRY?
In states where the plant has been legalized or decriminalized, Scott’s Miracle-Gro has looked to capitalize on the ever expanding cannabis industry.
CEO of SMG, Jim Hagadorn, stated his intentions – spend up to $500 million to completely buy out the marijuana industry.