Experts on Trudeau's explanation of Quantum Computing

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
empty cranium easily seduced.

anyway, back to our story kids:

Rob Rheaume ‏@robbincanada

Trudeau's fake stunt reminds me of another fake. Shameful & @AndrewLeslieMP @HarjitSajjan know it! #quantumgate

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Raymond Laflamme knows the drill when politicians visit the Perimeter Institute. A photo op here, a few handshakes there and a tour with “really basic, basic, basic facts” about the field of quantum mechanics.

“I don’t know where he learned all that stuff, but we were all surprised,” Laflamme says. Soon afterwards, as Trudeau met with one student talking about superconductivity, the Prime Minister asked her, “Why don’t we have high-temperature superconducting systems?” something Laflamme describes as the institute’s “Holy Grail” quest.

“I was flabbergasted,” Laflamme says. “I don’t know how he does in other subjects, but in quantum physics, he knows the basic pieces and the important questions.”

Justin Trudeau’s quantum leap - Macleans.ca

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
And in case we forget how mathematically brilliant Justin Hairdo is -- Pi to the 19th decibel:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Memorized line, that is why he asked for no interruptions. Had anybody been there that could have debated the subject we would then know if that subject is one of his 'hobbies'.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Perhaps young Justin has a problem with very simple computing. Given the increase in life expectancy and the decrease in population growth due to smaller families it was recently established (actually obvious to anyone with a working brain) that the present age of eligibility for the O.A.P. is not sustainable and provisions were made for a very gradual change to age 67 so that no undue hardship would be imposed on anyone. Now Justin has reversed that decision so that an even greater shock is in store when suddenly the fund runs completely out of cash. He was however astute enough to make the change early enough that one of his successors will be stuck with the formidable task. :) :) :) :)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So basically we are at 64 bits/0 or 1 if we have a computer with 1 cpu (and any number of cores) and should we mover to a server motherboard we get to have more than 1 cpu so that would make 2 cpu's capable of 128bits per 0 or 1. Super computers are an extension of that method.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So basically we are at 64 bits/0 or 1 if we have a computer with 1 cpu (and any number of cores) and should we mover to a server motherboard we get to have more than 1 cpu so that would make 2 cpu's capable of 128bits per 0 or 1. Super computers are an extension of that method.

That sh*t's beyond my meagre comprehension! :) :)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Teleprompter and pre-prepared questions....
Liberal lemmings fall for it every time.......

it's an indication of the 'youth' that voted for the pony. they're meatheads and gullible as all get out. if wishes were purple rain or some such nonsense.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We could give each person a carbon credit as without using a certain amount we would freeze to death the first winter. Time for Alberta and Sask to offer up some creek beds as urban building zones until 'we' have the same power that Ont and Que now hold. The big question is should the jobs go to them and they have to move or 'we' build a wall and bring in 'refugees' to do the work.