Venezuela in trouble

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Revolt should happen if things go the way they were before Hugo. Once freedom is tasted the thirst for more never goes away. Once it is lost (like in the US today) it takes a very big event to change that, in the US the change comes in the form of Donald Trump.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
So Wally, I'm confused. You gave me a red for post #20. Considering CB said...

And I still think we should nationalize all Canadian resources.

... can I take from your review that you agree with the idea that we should nationalize our resources. I always took you for right of centre but here you are, defending policies that Chavez embraces. I must have missed something.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Well Wally?

Does that mean you're a Chavez supporter Wally? Are you angry that I outed you as a lefty? What gives?

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
No big surprise. Venezuela is another nation highly dependent on oil exports. Not only that it is dealing with the problems common to most Latin American nations - namely corruption, lack of infrastructure, major class divisions, and a historical legacy of bad government.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
So Wally, I'm confused. You gave me a red for post #20.
Ad hominem often gets a negative

No big surprise. Venezuela is another nation highly dependent on oil exports. Not only that it is dealing with the problems common to most Latin American nations - namely corruption, lack of infrastructure, major class divisions, and a historical legacy of bad government.
They were in trouble well before the price of oil fell.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Are you saying CB lied when he said he wanted to nationalize al resources?

ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
"vicious ad hominem attacks"

Are you saying CB doesn't agree with a Chavez? Are you saying criticizing CB for his Chavez-esque views is simply criticizing CB the man? Why does CB get a pass? Is it because you agree with CB and Chavez? My world is upside down Wally. Please help me

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Oh my! I seem to have been given some more free space in Cnuk's head. It's a shame I have to share it with walter though.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Yes when I get a red from you Walter I usually lose about an hour of sleep that night.

Yes, it is rather upsetting but in this case, Wally seems to be upset that the economic policies of Chavez have been questioned. My real concern is that the world has stopped spinning on its axis. At the very least, Walter may have been kidnapped and replaced with a Sean Penn wannabe. I'm trying to get to the bottom of this as we may need to notify the authorities.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I can't believe how callous you are about Walter's wellbeing
I can't believe how much space you gave me rent free in your head. It's almost as funny as your belief that the only nationalized resource model is Venezuela.

But hey, please do go on. You're funny.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
not to worry......................