Canada's Federal Election 2015: The Official Thread

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Sorry Jeri, not sexually attacked to Justin. More like wishing some nut job plants him 6 feet under. Wouldn't did it myself or even consider it, but I'm sure there is a wacko out there that will, before the 4 years are up.
This kind of post is irresponsible and has no place in civil discourse about Canadian politics.

To wish for some sort of revolutionary coup d'état, when The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau P.C., M.P., the Prime Minister, took office with complete legitimacy as per our democratic process and our constitutional customs, is distasteful and, in and of itself, an affront to Canadian values.

Also, just as a heads-up, section 59(4) of the Criminal Code states that "[every] one shall be presumed to have a seditious intention who (a) teaches or advocates, or (b) publishes or circulates any writing that advocates, the use, without the authority of law, of force as a means of accomplishing a governmental change within Canada." Section 61 of the Criminal Code sets out that seditious intentions are punishable by up to fourteen years' imprisonment.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Simply as an academic exercise, who would succeed a prime minister who dies in office...?
Methinks there would be no governmental change until another election....

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
This kind of post is irresponsible and has no place in civil discourse about Canadian politics.

To wish for some sort of revolutionary coup d'état, when The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau P.C., M.P., the Prime Minister, took office with complete legitimacy as per our democratic process and our constitutional customs, is distasteful and, in and of itself, an affront to Canadian values.

Also, just as a heads-up, section 59(4) of the Criminal Code states that "[every] one shall be presumed to have a seditious intention who (a) teaches or advocates, or (b) publishes or circulates any writing that advocates, the use, without the authority of law, of force as a means of accomplishing a governmental change within Canada." Section 61 of the Criminal Code sets out that seditious intentions are punishable by up to fourteen years' imprisonment.

A little over reaction there buddy... Wishing someone gets hit by a bus, or stands in the way of a stray bullet isn't illegal..

Furthermore, who said anything about over throwing the Government, ya tard?

Now, your last post citing the law, you might want to take that up with all the imams in Canada that preach hate and advocate killing infidels and stoning women.

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=16774

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
B00Mer seems to be the only one talking about Trudeau's looks. He's also obsessed with Mentalfloss. When these two obsessions combine they seems to take the form of sexual fantasies. I think there's more to this.

exactly

A little over reaction there buddy... Wishing someone gets hit by a bus, or stands in the way of a stray bullet isn't illegal..

Now, your last post citing the law, you might want to take that up with all the imams in Canada that preach hate and advocate killing infidels and stoning women.

http://en.cijnews.com/?p=16774

YOU have advocated for the death of the Prime Minister of Canada.

Simply as an academic exercise, who would succeed a prime minister who dies in office...?

The Liberal Party of Canada would have to hold a leadership convention to pick the new leader who would then become the new Prime Minister. In the mean time, the Party Caucus would elect an interm Leader who would become Prime Minister.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Exactly, I believe by law they have to hold a bi election within 6 months.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The only way the government would 'fall' is if they had a 1 seat majority and the MP elected in the bi-election was not from the governing party. Then the government would have to lose a non-confidence vote and then the GG would decide to put an opposition leader as PM or call another election.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
There is so much constitutionally incorrect about how our government is selected, in these last few posts, that urgently begs to be corrected. I'll post something more substantive just as soon as I am not CanadianContent-ing from a mobile phone.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Actually, advocating for the death of the country's head of government is, in fact, sedition.

You did. You are advocating for the murder of the prime minister and, therefore, the dissolution of the 29th Canadian ministry. A cabinet and a ministry are dissolved the second that a person ceases to be prime minister, whether by death, resignation, or removal. That is, in black and white terms, a change in government.

I was citing the law for sedition; and you demonstrate seditious intentions, in hoping for the death of the prime minister to bring about a change in the Government of Canada.

Exactly, I believe by law they have to hold a bi election within 6 months.
They have to call a by-election within six months; there is no limit on how far in the future that by-election can be held. But they would only be electing a member of the House of Commons, and that would have nothing to do with the method of appointing the prime minister (and it would not change the fact that the Canadian ministry had been dissolved).

The only way the government would 'fall' is if they had a 1 seat majority and the MP elected in the bi-election was not from the governing party. Then the government would have to lose a non-confidence vote and then the GG would decide to put an opposition leader as PM or call another election.
Actually, the Government would automatically change the second that the prime minister was killed. The ministry would cease to exist, and a new prime minister would have to be selected immediately, and a new ministry and cabinet constituted. A cabinet cannot survive the death, resignation, or removal of a prime minister.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Actually, advocating for the death of the country's head of government is, in fact, sedition.

Then charge me, file a complaint with the RCMP.. if you think it would stand up in court.. wishing or hoping somebody gets killed, i'd like to see you try.

Not overly concerned, many people openly stated the same sentiments towards PM Harper right before the last election..

Otherwise, run along with your stupid silly threats.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Then charge me, file a complaint with the RCMP.. if you think it would stand up in court.. wishing or hoping somebody gets killed, i'd like to see you try.

Not overly concerned, many people openly stated the same sentiments towards PM Harper right before the last election..

Otherwise, run along with your stupid silly threats.

I'm not saying that you'd be successfully prosecuted, I'm saying that you're a ****ty person and a poor excuse for a Canadian.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'm not saying that you'd be successfully prosecuted, I'm saying that you're a ****ty person and a poor excuse for a Canadian.

Poor excuse for a Canadian :lol: I'll agree with you there... I don't think much of Canada, truly.

Canada is a doormat for most Immigrants wanting to move to the USA, a far better country.

Canada is pretty much a 51st State, the USA own us, our resources, businesses, debt.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

He has stated time and time again that he prefers texas over Canada. He USES Canada when it is convenient for him. As far as I'm concerned, we should not allow dual citizenship in this country.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

I will add that advocating for the separation of ones province from Confederation (which results in the destruction of same Federation), something that is frequently done on here, is an act of treason.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I will add that advocating for the separation of ones province from Confederation (which results in the destruction of same Federation), something that is frequently done on here, is an act of treason.

and boomer does it all the time.