When will Justin Trudeau address the Economy.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I didn't say anything about needing a job. The US just raised its interest rate and it will affect us. It will be nice to hear our governments strategy. Job or no job no one wants to pay $10 for a loaf of bread because are dollar sucks

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It would be nice to hear something. Now that the refugees have gotten their hugs and coupons it's time to move the scope of his attention to the country At large
The news you want to hear is that after the 'Welcome' in some countries they opt to return to areas that are under control of Assad. The one who opt to to go are the mercenaries who were under contract, they will stay in host country and just disappear apparently.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
The news you want to hear is that after the 'Welcome' in some countries they opt to return to areas that are under control of Assad. The one who opt to to go are the mercenaries who were under contract, they will stay in host country and just disappear apparently.

Wtf are going off on?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If Harper had delayed something by a month there was h-e-l-l to pay. But the Selfie PM can do no wrong. But I guess technically he actually has to do something to do something wrong.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Wtf are going off on?
Really?? If that confuses you to the extent that is your only reply then you might as well be on a beach somewhere for all the good you are doing. How many versions of 'I have nothing to add to the topic' do you have?

For example?
Looks like he is scratching for something that is so secret it can't even be confirmed that it exists.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That would be a good one. How would they spin it into this years Christmas/Passover celebrations. They could spin it that He returns on his birthday rather than day he died. (if that is even a theory)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
He can't fix something that ain't broke...........
If you break something it is usually the part they no longer manufacture or it is the most expensive part. If you try to improve something long enough it will break, that is how most breaks happen in the first place.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Trudeau said what he was going to do and he's doing it. He didn't say everything would be fixed in a month and a half.

Again. I never said fix. What has he addressed?

Star Wars fans had to wait decades for a sequel. You can wait a few more weeks for Trudeau to magically fix the economy.

Good grief, another one. I did not say fix. I said address.

No one is expecting a hat trick from the new PM, just a little more focus.

It would be nice to hear something. Now that the refugees have gotten their hugs and coupons it's time to move the scope of his attention to the country At large

Yes, it should be top priority.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Trudeau has already done something. The economy is already fixed, didn't you know?

- The Refugees are good for the economy. They will contribute the infusion needed.

- The deficit will fix the economy. All that money will kickstart the rebuilding of infrastructure and provide jobs, jobs, jobs.
Of course, that's if there's any money left after the refugees and the First Nations and the humanitarian aid to foreign countries are taken care of!

- Taxing the rich and raising corporate taxes will get the rich and the corporations working harder to make more money and in that
way, create jobs and stimulate the economy.
Fact: The rich will find new tax shelters and the corporations will go off-shore.

- Trudeau will tell the rest of the world how to fix their economies and that will fix Canada's economy.

- The economy will fix itself just like the budget will balance itself. So says Mr. Trudeau.

I'm sure we'll hear more about the Liberal's plans when JT's photo ops start to diminish.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Only a few months ago there was a group of folks telling us there was a surplus
and the economy was just fine. Now the supporters of that group are alarmed it
is not as stated and the economy is in a shambles. And what is Trudeau doing
about it. He was not my first choice true, but I like what he is doing so far, being
positive and advancing the idea that positive approaches are a better way to go.
The other side of this is, most people are not unhappy about the first steps taken.
We have to shed ten years of negative government and open the windows.
Recalling a number of measures gag on science, and other things being seen
getting the departments of government staffed with people who can tackle the
problems in EI pensions, Vets and a number of other areas.
The economy this time of year is dealing with its own problems on the markets and
that happens every year late November to the last week of December. Besides
most Conservatives were happy with a Harper budget to take us to the end of the
current fiscal year weren't they? The economy suddenly changed? No the wrong
guys got elected and the truth got out. Trudeau is interested in the well being of
people and improving the destructive policies to the social safety net. He will get
to the economy in the new year

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Really?? If that confuses you to the extent that is your only reply then you might as well be on a beach somewhere for all the good you are doing. How many versions of 'I have nothing to add to the topic' do you have?

Lol my 97% good rating says otherwise. And I did add my opinion you just didn't like it. I don't need to be lectured on anything involving the middle east by YOU I've actually been there you haven't.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Only a few months ago there was a group of folks telling us there was a surplus
and the economy was just fine. Now the supporters of that group are alarmed it
is not as stated and the economy is in a shambles. And what is Trudeau doing
about it. He was not my first choice true, but I like what he is doing so far, being
positive and advancing the idea that positive approaches are a better way to go.
The other side of this is, most people are not unhappy about the first steps taken.
We have to shed ten years of negative government and open the windows.
Recalling a number of measures gag on science, and other things being seen
getting the departments of government staffed with people who can tackle the
problems in EI pensions, Vets and a number of other areas.
The economy this time of year is dealing with its own problems on the markets and
that happens every year late November to the last week of December. Besides
most Conservatives were happy with a Harper budget to take us to the end of the
current fiscal year weren't they? The economy suddenly changed? No the wrong
guys got elected and the truth got out. Trudeau is interested in the well being of
people and improving the destructive policies to the social safety net. He will get
to the economy in the new year

I'm sitting in ground zero right now. Been out of work for two weeks, at the moment I'm holding my own, but by the new year things will get iffy. I'm lucky in that I have only two debts, so my plan is to scale back, but there are a lot of folks in some very serious trouble and they don't expect a bounce until somewhere into 2017.

So, as much as I'd love to jump on the touchy-feely wagon and say how great he is by appearing on vogue, meeting refugees at airports and attending Star Wars screenings, I'd appreciate if he gets out in front of the biggest issue which will be facing Canada as whole.

Nobody is expecting a miracle, but if he could put away our credit card and get down to work, I know that a lot of Canadians who are in a bit of a pickle would appreciate it.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
That is true there are a lot of people hurting. Commodities have yet to bottom out and we are so connected to the commodity cycle it's sickening. I'm one of the lucky ones but my heart is heavy for my friends with families who no matter how hard they try they just can't get a break. And they are the ones by and large who are quiet because they don't have the time to chit chat like us.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Only a few months ago there was a group of folks telling us there was a surplus and the economy was just fine. Now the supporters of that group are alarmed it is not as stated and the economy is in a shambles.

No, the libtards believe it was the previous government. The rest of us believe a good part of it is window dressing by the current government to make them look better or not do as much. Only a fool falls for the oldest trick in the book (blame the last guys).

And what is Trudeau doing about it. He was not my first choice true, but I like what he is doing so far, being positive and advancing the idea that positive approaches are a better way to go.

Well, that has fixed the economy every time. I can't believe it is not done more often.

And you seemed to have abandoned the dead party you did support rather quickly. I can't say I blame you.

What steps would those be (that are not photo-ops)?

The economy this time of year is dealing with its own problems on the markets and that happens every year late November to the last week of December.

That damn Christmas shopping season is always such a downer.

Besides most Conservatives were happy with a Harper budget to take us to the end of the
current fiscal year weren't they? The economy suddenly changed? No the wrong guys got elected and the truth got out.

Or could it be the millions and billions that have been thrown around outside the country to fix roads in Indonesia or the billions to do the refugees at warp speed? Or like above, it is more likely creative financing to hide all those billions.

Trudeau is interested in the well being of people and improving the destructive policies to the social safety net. He will get to the economy in the new year

No, he is interested in photo ops and marketing and politicking. I doubt much will change next year. I was hoping he would at least try his stuff he campaigned for. Since he won, I was hoping he at least would have made it clear he was looking at improved infrastructure, etc. (aside from the infrastructure in Indonesia, Perhaps I mis-heard is campaign promises.) But that seems to be nowhere on the horizon. If it was coming next year, he would have mentioned it. That's what politicians do to get more attention on themselves.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Impressive, VR same chairs that will be installed in Parliament so members don't nod off.
Why are the handi seats in the back row??