Rex Murphy's Wisdom vs. The Shiny Pony's Ego

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
if you're choosing to simply cast doubt on the statements of the RCMP and CSIS, I doubt there's anything you would accept!

I will wait and see. I am not against what I am hearing I am just not ready to jump on the bandwagon just yet.

"Lieberal"? Really? Why... that's akin to some wag labeling the Conservatives "CONartists". Such a positive move in throwing around such infantile labels, hey!

Same as your buddy Flossy calling everybody that he disagrees with a conbot or such. That and Liberals (capital L) do tend to lie so the acronym fits.

And welcome back. Try to be good this time.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Totally agree with Rex.

This Syrian refugee thing is compete BS and leftards are going to regret it once we get our first attack.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Totally agree with Rex.

This Syrian refugee thing is compete BS and leftards are going to regret it once we get our first attack.

No use dwelling on it Flossie, better just to keep a positive mind, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best. But that's no reason not to sit back and enjoy watching the charade unfold! :)

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
on a side note, let's all welcome back waldo. kinda like a refugee in his own right eh. good to see he didn't pout about his SLM spanking too much longer. live long and like really prosper.

spanking? :lol: If I recall correctly, she gave me a 'day in the park' once... and after that single day suspension I came back for a short while... and then left on my own accord given the scintillating discussion level this place typically generates! Sooos I'm back for a day in my latest incarnation, and she goes all butch on me again... cause apparently I said something the likes of which gets regularly stated here by the clubhouse bros! Something to be said for her consistency though.

by hey, thanks for the personal moderator welcome back.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I know that any pronouncement by Rex Murphy is considered by some to be akin to the Sermon on the Mount, but that does not mean one always has to agree with him. Besides, the Trudeau liberals seem to have solved the problem nicely by taking in only women and children. I expect adult males will follow, but probably only when they have been properly screened.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Rex doesn't usually provide a convincing rationale for his point of view.

He typically just rides a certain wave of opinion and echoes it.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Nothing but vague promises and empty talk and little on how they will actually do it.

I do trust Rex Murphy any day over any Lieberal.

Ohhhhhhhhh.....

And I thought he was going to retire.?

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/c...-ve-got-some-explaining.html?highlight=murphy

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
seems to be a prevailing thought that the refugees will be housed/held within available surplus housing at Canadian Forces bases until they can be cleared... would that appease all the nay-sayers?

No, they need to be vetted B4 they come here. As is all too well known, once here, the Supreme court has stated we cannot send them back (because they come from a "war zone") so we'd be stuck with them!

You actually believe what the RCMP or CSIS say, really? Hahahahaha!

Not only that, do you actually think they would disagree while standing next to the Minister? They have no choice but to put up a good front. sheesh!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No, they need to be vetted B4 they come here. As is all too well known, once here, the Supreme court has stated we cannot send them back (because they come from a "war zone") so we'd be stuck with them!

If everyone just had half your brains, it would be a good world. (I think this charade could possibly work if the time was available to plan it properly)

Looks like we have one poster on here that doesn't have a 1/10 of your brains. :) :) :)

Last edited:

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009

care to share a link to the SOC judgement you're referring to... as well as a personal interpretation of the related ruling clauses you believe pertain - thanks in advance. Perhaps you could also offer your internet legalize to a comment on the apparent "exceptions" detailed within the article I reference below:

as an aside, the Syrian refugees in question are coming from a 3rd party country's (Turkey) refugees camps... perhaps you could offer comment on whether Turkey would accept refused refugees back into those same camps.

Canada deports people to wars, repressive regimes --- After rejecting their refugee claims, Canada sends people to places like Iraq and Afghanistan in spite of a formal ban on deportations to these countries.

The number of rejected refugees deported each year grew from around 8,000 per year a decade ago to more than 13,000 in 2012. In 2013, the number fell back to 10,505.

More than 500 of these people were sent to the five countries where Canada has an official moratorium on deportations : Haiti, Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe, Iraq and Afghanistan.

The government gets around the moratorium by reserving the right to deport certain categories of people, including those with criminal records, those who are deemed to be a security risk or are determined to have been involved in war crimes or crimes against humanity .

You actually believe what the RCMP or CSIS say, really? Hahahahaha!

perhaps you could offer comment on why the RCMP/CSIS would state they can handle the timeline... and why they would set themselves up for "your perceived apparent failure".

and by the by... when will the term "Shiny Pony" be retired? Apparently... the guy has been determined "ready" by the electorate! :lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If everyone just had half your brains, it would be a good world. (I think this charade could possibly work if the time was available to plan it properly)

Looks like we have one poster on here that doesn't have a 1/10 of your brains. :) :) :)
Actually JLM, while I hate to agree with The Machu Pictchu kid....It's International law that says that, and not the SCoC.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Actually JLM, while I hate to agree with The Machu Pictchu kid....It's International law that says that, and not the SCoC.

ah, there it is! That didn't take you too long, did it? Good to see you haven't lost your lapdog status here!

but I'm certainly taken aback... I was assured by a CC moderator that this place was all about meaningful discussion! :lol:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
when will the term "Shiny Pony" be retired? Apparently... the guy has been determined "ready" by the electorate!
The less than 40% who wanted Justine PM can call him "pretty boy". I will continue to call him Justine and sometimes Turdoh.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
The less than 40% who wanted Justine PM can call him "pretty boy". I will continue to call him Justine and sometimes Turdoh.

I'm sure he feels your burn every time you exercise your intellect with such cutesy labeling

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
ah, there it is! That didn't take you too long, did it? Good to see you haven't lost your lapdog status here!

but I'm certainly taken aback... I was assured by a CC moderator that this place was all about meaningful discussion! :lol:
And I'm glad to see my original Âssessment of you holds true.
You're still a bullshîtting âsswipe hypocrite!

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
And I'm glad to see my original Âssessment of you holds true.
You're still a bullshîtting âsswipe hypocrite!

such, uhhh... meaningful CC discussion! Clearly, this board... and you... have much to offer! :lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Y' got to remember my boy that what leftoids forget is that a good number of the electorate were stonners.....

such, uhhh... meaningful CC discussion! Clearly, this board... and you... have much to offer! :lol:
Always glad to oblige bullshîtters....and with this you can have the last word....that's all you want anyways?

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Y' got to remember my boy that what leftoids forget is that a good number of the electorate were stonners.....

sunny ways, my friend... sunny ways/days! At some point, you will need to accept your boy Harper was summarily dispatched/punted... that your boy left your favoured party in tatters. Enjoy the next decade, hey!

Always glad to oblige bullshîtters....and with this you can have the last word....that's all you want anyways?

no sorry... you don't dispense the last word... I take it in full force! Now please, get over it... move on and try to engage in "CC meaningful discussion". Sure you can!

last word!

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Next election is in 2019.

Yes, but there's no evidence that the Harperites have extricated their collective asses from their rectums. Until they lose control of the Conservatives, there is little hope for the party. Justin WILL be PM for the foreseeable future.