A soora full of gems and pearls

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
It is soora 55 in the book of the Quran.
The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Soora 55​

(In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)​

The reason for revealing the following soora (or chapter):

[When the Prophet recited the Quran to the people of Mecca and invited them to the Islam, they denied him and said: “It is only a man that teaches him, and this Quran is not the word of God!”
Therefore, this soora (or chapter) was revealed:]

1. [God] the Most Gracious!

2. has taught [Mohammed] the Quran.a

3. He created man [: Jesus, the son of Mary, without father.]

4. He taught him the evident explanation. b

5. The sun and the moon are made punctual.c

6. The stars d and the trees fall down [on the earth in prostration.] e

7. And the firmament f has He raised high, and He has brought down the Law [of justice included in the heavenly scriptures g.]

[Then God – be glorified – addressed the judges and arbiters, and He said:]
8. You shall not transgress the law of justice. h

9. And establish the judgment with justice i, and do not be unjust by inclining [to one of the two opponents.] j

a And his teacher is not any human being, as do they claim.
This is confirmed by His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 4: 113, which means:
(God has revealed to you the Book [: the Quran] and the wisdom [: the admonition], and taught you such [knowledge] which you [Mohammed] knew not [before.])

b i.e. God taught Jesus some of the unknown information, so he started to tell them about what they eat, and what they store in their homes; as in His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 43: 63, which means:
(He said [to them]: “I have come to you with wisdom, and to explain to you some of the [religious matters] about which you differ.”)
Moreover, God – be glorified – said in the Quran 2: 253, which means:
(And We gave to Jesus, the son of Mary, the manifest miracles and We aided him by [Gabriel:] the Holy Spirit.)

c i.e. they run their courses according to perfect calculations.

d The ‘stars’ are the comets and meteorites which fall on the earth in adoration and prostration to God.

e The meaning: The nearest objects to the earth are the trees, and the farthest objects away from it are the celestial rocks; and both of them are submissive to God according to the natural law and the gravity; while you, disbelievers, have not submitted yourselves neither to God’s command nor to the instinct which God inserted in you, concerning the submission to the Creator; so you have worshipped the statues which you made by your own hands, thinking that they are able and can intercede for you; but your idea has been wrong, and you have lost your efforts and expenditure for them.

f The firmament is the gaseous layers, which are seven layers formed from the earth and rose up in the space.
I have explained about the gaseous layers in my book The Universe and the Quran, displayed on the internet web, so read it if you like to have more details.

g i.e. the religious statements which God revealed to His prophets included in the heavenly books.

h In your judgment, so as to judge for the behalf of the rich and wrong the poor.

i And do not incline in your judicial sentence neither to a friend nor to kindred.

j It means: And do not make the judgment for the advantage of the poor, in case the rich is the one having the right, but you should judge with justice between the two opponents.

This is confirmed by His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 4: 58, which means:
(And when you judge between men: you must judge with justice.)

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
55: 10. And the earth: He has set [and prepared] it for people [for dwelling and cultivation.]

11. [And He made] therein fruits and palm-trees with 'sheathed pollen-bunches'. a

12. And the husked grain b and the scented herb c.

13. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a Which is the spathe enclosing the pollen when it comes out of the date-palm.

b Which is the grain, having husk; it is the wheat.

c Which is every grain used to give scent and smell.

In this aya, God – be glorified – mentioned two kinds of grains because the people of Hijaz [: the region that includes Mecca and Medina] used it much:
The first are the grains used as food like the wheat, the barley and the rice;
while the second are the grains used to give scent and smell like pepper, carnation or clove, coriander and the cardamom.

========================================

55: 14. He created man a from clay b like the potter's clay c.

15. And the Jann d [: father of the jinn] did He create from [gases] emerging from fire. e

16. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a i.e. Adam.

b Which includes scanty water.
This has been explained in the interpretation of the Quran, soora (or chapter) 15.

c i.e. like the clay of which the pottery is made.

d The 'Jann' is the father of genies; just as that Adam is our father.

e An aya similar to this has been explained in the interpretation of the Quran 15: 27, which means:
(And We created the Jann, before [We created Adam], from the hot wind [emerging] from the fire.)

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Followed by more garbage!
Hey Kooter just filled his second tag. I filled my second tag earlier this week. SCB has filled 1, lol. She'll be hunting tomorrow with a buddy of mine, if I don't buy another buck tag.

So I might be back here for a while. I'll help you take out the garbage.

I bet the Flossy posse will be glad to hear that, lol.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I was wondering why you weren't out hunting....lol

Flossy still hasn't answered me when I told him a couple of days ago that I would be willing to compare my carbon footprint with him when it comes to family vehicle /s
And I have screen captures of my gas mileage app, that shows the amount of gas purchased for the last year plus a few days all ready to post.....
Similar proof from him would be satisfactory

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I was wondering why you weren't out hunting....lol
SCB likes hunting with me. But it's starting to get cold, lol.

Flossy still hasn't answered me when I told him a couple of days ago that I would be willing to compare my carbon footprint with him when it comes to family vehicle /s
And I have screen captures of my gas mileage app, that shows the amount of gas purchased for the last year plus a few days all ready to post.....
Similar proof from him would be satisfactory
Oh come on now, you know he's a hypocrite. He's one of those pumpkin spice latte swilling all talk, no walk types. Why do you think he refuses to tell us what kind of car he drives. He's all about the show. So you know it's not a utilitarian all about simple necessity, whip.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Quran 55: 17. Lord of the two [human races: the white and the yellow, in the] East, and Lord of the two [human races: the black and the red, in the] West.a

18. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a The commentators and interpreters said that this aya points out to the alteration of the sunrise in summer and winter, and as such does its time of the sunset in summer differ than it is in winter.

I say, this is not about the sunrise and the sunset, but the implication is about the people inhabiting the East and those inhabiting the West; they are two races who inhabit the East: the white race: the Children of Adam and the yellow race: the inhabitants of China. Similarly, those who inhabit the West are two races: the black race: the Abyssinians, Sudanese, and [the red race:] the Red Indians: the aborigines of America or Native Americans.

Therefore, these are four races; and the implication is about the human kind inhabiting such regions.

Such point of view has been explained in the story of Alexander, that is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 18: 90, which means:
(Until when he reached to the east, he found it rise upon a people for whom We made no shelter therefrom.)

Moreover, in my book The Universe and the Quran, displayed on the web, I have explained about the four human races that inhabit our earth.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Many scholars have indicated that you sir,,,,with your latest horse manure as shown above,,^^,, have it poring out your ears. Maybe check out a library book on the subject if they will allow free thinking in your country.

But I'm sure the books allowed would be strictly filtered considering where you are.

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Quran 55: 19. The 'waves' of the two seas [: the White Mediterranean and the Red] meet together [in the future, through the Suez Canal.]

20. Between the two [seas a] is a [land] barrier b they cannot transgress c.

21. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

22. There come out from both of them d pearls and coral.

23. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

24. And His are erected [ships] e sailing on the sea, like lighthouses f.

25. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a i.e. the White Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea.

b Which is the land through which the Suez Canal was built.

c On each other because of this barrier.
God – be glorified – has been Truthful with His foretelling; because they cut through that area of the land in the year 1862 AD in the time of Napoleon III, and joined the Red Sea with the White Mediterranean Sea, so that the Suez Canal was opened.
I have explained this Arabic word in the previous aya, and also in the interpretation of the Quran 25: 53, which means:
(It is [God] Who made the two seas [the Nile River and the Red Sea] surge [with storms so that their waves surged.])

d i.e. the White Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea.

e i.e. constructed and set on the sea.

f Which is the high building in the desert like the minaret, put on a hill so that the one missing the way, in the sea or in the desert, may find his way by means of it.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Quran 55: 17. Lord of the two [human races: the white and the yellow, in the] East, and Lord of the two [human races: the black and the red, in the] West.a

18. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a The commentators and interpreters said that this aya points out to the alteration of the sunrise in summer and winter, and as such does its time of the sunset in summer differ than it is in winter.

I say, this is not about the sunrise and the sunset, but the implication is about the people inhabiting the East and those inhabiting the West; they are two races who inhabit the East: the white race: the Children of Adam and the yellow race: the inhabitants of China. Similarly, those who inhabit the West are two races: the black race: the Abyssinians, Sudanese, and [the red race:] the Red Indians: the aborigines of America or Native Americans.

Therefore, these are four races; and the implication is about the human kind inhabiting such regions.

Such point of view has been explained in the story of Alexander, that is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 18: 90, which means:
(Until when he reached to the east, he found it rise upon a people for whom We made no shelter therefrom.)

Moreover, in my book The Universe and the Quran, displayed on the web, I have explained about the four human races that inhabit our earth.

And yours sir, is definitely closed.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The Holy Book and the term open minded are at opposite ends of thought here
Remember this is the religion where they are right and everyone else is wrong
and if you don't agree they have the right to kill you or worse.
How open minded is that.
We have seen the religion of peace in action this past week.
Everything written is lost on deaf ears here buddy,
The faith is not about what it repeated in words its what is done by deeds as well
and the fanatics in Paris set a wonderful example

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Quran 55: 26. Whosoever upon the [earth] shall perish. a

27. But the 'neighborhood' b, of your Lord endowed with majesty and honor, shall endure.

28. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

29. Whosoever is in the heavens and the earth c begs of Him; every day [their begging] is for [a new] one of [their] affairs. d

30. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

31. O two sinful multitudes e [of men and jinn!] After Our [angels] disengage [from recording your deeds], they will engage with you[r judgment and punishment.]

32. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a The meaning: Every living being on earth will disappear from and get away from the earth, and everyone of living bodies will tear up and vanish by the death, then none of souls will remain on earth, but they will go to the space, and their destiny on Doomsday will be either to the Fire or to Paradise.
That is because the earth will tear up to become meteorites …

b Lit. the word in the aya indicates the aspect or the place to where you face or aim.
The meaning: Every material body on earth will vanish, and every spiritual creature in the side of heaven will remain.
So the angels are alive and will not die, the messengers :) apostles) and prophets in Paradise are alive and will not die; and all souls will not die, but some of them are prosperous in Paradise, and some suffer the chastisement.
The indication of this is His saying – be glorified – about the believers who ward off God’s disobedience, in the Quran 44: 56, which means:
(They taste not [the pain of] death therein, save only the first death.)
And He said, about the disbelievers, in the Quran 35: 36, which means:
(It shall not be decreed for them to die, nor shall its torment be lessened for them.)

c i.e. whosoever is in the planets including the earth.

d Similar to it is another aya in the Quran 80: 37, which means:
(On that day every man, will have enough [chastisement] to make him heedless [of others.])

e This in fact is a threatening of the guilty.
The meaning: My angels will finish the recording of your deeds, and will be ready to taking you to account and to requite you, and that will be at the time of your death.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
How open minded is that.
The faith is not about what it repeated in words its what is done by deeds as well
Cripes, you could be talking about political parties/partisan gangs and be speaking the same thing....

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
How open minded is that.

You are old enough, damngrumpy, to realize that such things are not related to religion, but to CIA and intelligence. Or do you want also like others to take the opportunity to spread the anti-religion and anti-God programs?

If you want to have a sound judgment in this respect: see what advantages the imperialists may achieve from such acts!
Will they go and occupy Algeria or Tunisia, as did they go and occupy Afghanistan and Iraq after the events of New York at Sept 11 ?

Or the Zionists want to rally France and the EU with them against Muslims, in order to demolish the Aqsa mosque and build their temple instead of it.

The Egyptian parable: They murder the victim and attend his funeral.

===================================================

Quran 55:
[So when Doomsday will come and the earth will tear up, and the souls will get out of it and ascend in the space, then they will be captured by the control and gravity of the torn up sun, so they will circle around it and cannot get rid of it; and at that time, it will be said to them:]

33. O multitudes of jinn-kind and man-kind! If it be you can get out of the confines of the [torn up] heavens and earth a, then get out [of the sun capture!] b Not without [Our] authority shall you be able to get out [of it.] c

34. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

35. Against you shall be loosed [out of the torn up sun] sparks of fire, and ominous molten lava, [liquids and gases d]; so that you cannot be helped. e

36. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

[Then God – be glorified – told about the portents of Doomsday, and He said:]
37. And when the sky [or firmament] f splits asunder, [before Doomsday], and becomes a resort [for souls] like the pools [of rain water.] g

38. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a It means: It will be said to them: Can you get rid of this limited place which confines the heavens and the earth?
He means by that the solar system when it will tear up; for if our present sun tears up, it will become nineteen pieces. Then the surfaces of such pieces will become cold by the passing of years, to become new planets rotating around a new sun.

b If you are able to get out.

Then it will be said to them:
c The indication of this is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 19: 71-72, which means:
(Everyone of you, people, without exception, will go towards [Hell]; that is an inevitable ordinance of your Lord.
Then We shall save [from the gravity of Hell] those who warded off [God's disobedience], and shall leave the wrong-doers crowding therein.
)

d Like what emerge from volcanoes.

e It means: Even if you, jinns and humans, cooperate together and think about a way to be saved of the chastisement and to escape Our capture, you cannot do that and you will not find any way to be saved.

f The sky or firmament is the gaseous layers, which will tear up prior to Doomsday, as have we explained it previously.

g The meaning: The heaven will be a resort for souls, in which they will gather, as does the rain water collect in the pools between mountains.

Last edited:

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
Quran 55: 39. On that day no question will be asked of a [guilty] human or jinn as to his sin.

40. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

41. The guilty shall be recognized by their marks [: being naked] a, and shall be taken by [their] forelocks and feet b.

42. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

43. [It will be said to them then:] "This is Hell which the guilty called a lie."

44. They go circling round between [the fire of volcanoes], and [between] lava [and fire of the cut up sun] another time. c

45. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a Because the guilty or the sinful come naked to the ‘gathering-together’; while the righteous will wear clothes, to cover their shame, which the angels bring to them when they go from the life of the World to the Next Life; and by such mark [: the nakedness] the guilty will be distinguished from the righteous.

b The angels will drag them to the Fire: some of them will be dragged by their forelocks and the others will be dragged by their feet.

c It means: They will be chastised in the fire of volcanoes in the Barzakh world [or the Afterlife], while on Doomsday they will be chastised by the fire of the cut up sun.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Quran 55: 39. On that day no question will be asked of a [guilty] human or jinn as to his sin.

40. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

41. The guilty shall be recognized by their marks [: being naked] a, and shall be taken by [their] forelocks and feet b.

42. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

43. [It will be said to them then:] "This is Hell which the guilty called a lie."

44. They go circling round between [the fire of volcanoes], and [between] lava [and fire of the cut up sun] another time. c

45. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a Because the guilty or the sinful come naked to the ‘gathering-together’; while the righteous will wear clothes, to cover their shame, which the angels bring to them when they go from the life of the World to the Next Life; and by such mark [: the nakedness] the guilty will be distinguished from the righteous.

b The angels will drag them to the Fire: some of them will be dragged by their forelocks and the others will be dragged by their feet.

c It means: They will be chastised in the fire of volcanoes in the Barzakh world [or the Afterlife], while on Doomsday they will be chastised by the fire of the cut up sun.

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
==============================================
Quran 55:

[Then God – be glorified – started to describe that which He has prepared for the pious believers, and He said:]
46. But such as fears the majesty of his Lord a, for him shall be two Gardens – [: the Garden of Abode b and the Garden of Everlasting c.]

47. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

48. Abounding in [tree] branches d.

49. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

50. Therein are two fountains of running [water.]

51. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

52. Therein of every fruit are two kinds.

53. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

54. Reclining upon couches lined with silk brocade e; the fruit in both Gardens is near to hand f.

55. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

56. Therein g will be [girls] restraining their looks h, whom neither human nor jinn will have deflowered before them.

57. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

58. [Clear] as rubies i, [nice and white] as coral.

59. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

60. Can there be any reward for good [work in the life of the World] other than good [reward in the Next Life]? j

61. [O humans and jinns], which of your Lord's bounties can you deny?

a And wards off His disobedience.

b In the Barzakh world.

c Into which He will be admitted on Doomsday.

d i.e. having a large number of soft branches [of trees.]

e Which is some kind of silk.

f The fruits, that the two Gardens include, are near to hands for culling.
Similar to this in meaning is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 69: 23, which means:
(The fruits whereof being near [at hand] for culling.)

g i.e. in all the Gardens which have been mentioned.

h To their husbands.

i Ruby is made from the aluminum oxide :) the bauxite) and lead oxide and little amount of sodium borate (Borax), and colored with the gold oxide, then it will be cut in the shape of stones for rings, earrings, bracelets and others.
While the coral is formed in the bottom of the sea.

j It means: Can the reward of the one who do charity and show kindness to the poor and the weak, in the life of the World, other than dealing with him in a good way in the Next Life? And this will be for the one who fears the majesty of his Lord, as has previously been explained.