Why Are So Many Christians So Un-Christian?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's not because they are feeding homeless it's because of food handling and distribution laws so keep on trying. It's right in your article you never read.

Again... real facts mean nothing. Just like the Florida guy who feeds the homeless. He wants to feed them right on the beach and make a story of it. It is more about HIS personality than actually feeding the homeless. If he feeds them at a church where the facilities are then there are no TV cameras, no popularity, no press. What is the sense in feeding the homeless when it is not a big story?!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
It's not because they are feeding homeless it's because of food handling and distribution laws so keep on trying. It's right in your article you never read.

there you go assuming again. way to go. Maybe you ought to learn to read too.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
there you go assuming again. way to go. Maybe you ought to learn to read too.

It's not illegal to feed the homeless, it's illegal to distribute food without "food safe" certification. Even feeding the ultra rich without that is illegal.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It's not illegal to feed the homeless, it's illegal to distribute food without "food safe" certification. Even feeding the ultra rich without that is illegal.

And when they can't feed the homeless where THEY want to feed them they blame conservatives for NOT wanting to feed the homeless.

Try feeding the homeless at Fanueil Hall or the Waterfront in Boston... our liberal Democrats will shut that down in a NY Minute.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Meh People, in one way or another, are hypocrites, period. For instance, someone who normally does not lie may tell a lie to get out of an abusive relationship. That sort of thing kind of screws up the simplistic, rigid idea of morals, but that's too bad. It's silly trying to live by all someone else's rules when you can develop your own. Normally, most of everyone's morals would overlap anyways.
And I don't think it is just Christians that vilify people less-fortunate, less-able, etc. either.It isn't easy for some to put themselves in other people's situations. That comes from being individuals. Go figure.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Religious Kids Are More Selfish Than Non-Religious Kids, Study Says

A new study led by researchers at the University of Chicago will likely make atheists happy and religious parents perplexed: contrary to what most religious parents believe, children raised in religious households tend to be less altruistic than their nonreligious counterparts.
The study, published yesterday in the journal Current Biology, found that a child's religious environment fundamentally shaped how they expressed their altruism. The study confirmed previous research that children tended to be more altruistic the older they were. But researchers found that children raised in religious households were significantly less likely to share than children raised in nonreligious households. Additionally, the children mostly likely to share and demonstrate altruism came from atheist or nonreligious families.

http://news.vice.com/article/religi...ligious-kids-study-says?utm_source=vicenewsfb

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Warning to Rich Oppressors
5 Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you. 2 Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. 4 Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. 5 You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.

James 5:1-5

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Are you saying that higher educated Christians are more Christian than poor uneducated Christians?
If you claim to believe something then study the damn thing. That's what I'm saying. The golden rule?,,love your neighbor as yourself? Judge not lest you be judged? When you condemn another you condemn yourself? Yes,,lack of education. Forsaking the teachings of one you claim to follow, or simply being too damn lazy to read .

( read)

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Many right-wing Christians vilify the poor, in direct contradiction to the teachings of Jesus. Why the hypocrisy? In an age where your average Republican politician is thumping the Bible with one hand and trying to strip food from the mouths of the poor with the other, it’s become a sad cliché to point out how little the most outspoken Christians have in common with their charity-preaching, forgiveness-loving messiah. It’s only gotten worse in recent years, with the followers of the man who cured lepers threatening to shut down the government if Obama insists on giving more people access to healthcare.

You mistake religiopoliticals with followers of Christ, Cliffy.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
There are those who are not interested in being visible. Much better people than I. Living their lives to help others. But that is not limited to any particular faith or walk of life. But yes not all Christians are fundies and it would not be accurate or fair to claim so.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
First sentence in that article (which I didn't write) talks about right wing Christians, not all Christians. I know plenty of Christians who understand the teachings and go about their lives trying to live up to them. But there are those who do not understand the teachings and, unfortunately, are the loud and politically active on the right wing that would deny the poor the basic right to human dignity.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................................................cuz they ain't Christian? :) :) :) :)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........................................................cuz they ain't Christian? :) :) :) :)
True, but if they are going to announce to the world that they are, one would expect them to at least make an effort to act like one.