There Goes America

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
So now the homosexuals can schtupf each others hinies with their wieners with a marriage certificate in hand. Still doesn't make it a marriage.

So, does your schtupfing something else make you a good marriage prospect?

There had better be a whole lot more to a marriage than schtupfing slippery bits. Perhaps, there isn't in some of our old fashioned cases.

British foreplay: "Brace yourself, old girl!"

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Confederate flags fly high at the Coke Zero 400

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — At most NASCAR races, it's usually the checkered flag that spectators like to keep their eyes on.

But following recent events, there's another flag that has become the topic of sometimes heated conversation.

"It's not a racial thing. It's a heritage thing," said Chris Harrison of Jacksonville.

Harrison spoke to First Coast News on Saturday from the in-field at Daytona International Speedway. The iconic track is hosting thousands of people for Sunday's Coke Zero 400.

And like many of those in attendance, Harrison adorned his family's RV with a number of flags, including the Confederate and American flags.

"Me and my father-in-law were raised in the South. That's what we're going to display," he said.

Many other fans feel the same way.

"It's just our heritage and our Southern way of life. And it makes us happy when we're able to show something that represents us," said Jason Clark of Palm Beach.

Clark has been flying a Confederate flag at Daytona for 25 years. This year, one of his has the words "Heritage Not Hate" written on it.

"It means there's no hatred. There's no racism with that flag. There's no discrimination of people," Clark explained.

But some people now question that after the shootings deaths last month of nine African-Americans inside a South Carolina church.

The accused killer, Dlyann Roof, was pictured with the Confederate flag and other images of white supremacy before he was arrested and charged with the crimes.

Many civil rights groups and political leaders have since demanded the flag be banned from public display, calling it an outdated symbol of oppression and hate.

But that is not how all people see it.

"They're trying to take something that shouldn't be an issue and make it an issue," Harrison said.

Clark added, "It's just a bunch of hype over something to point the problem at, and the flag is not the problem."

For the first time, Daytona responded to the controversy by telling fans they would give them a new American flag to fly in exchange for handing over their Confederate flag.

It was intended to be a step toward making sure no one felt excluded or uncomfortable.

But track officials and many fans said they do not know of many people, if anyone, who has taken advantage of the offer.

Clark said, "It's a nice offer, but people with the Confederate flag are not just going to give it away."

As for Harrison, he does not have plans to take it down anytime soon.

"We're just displaying our freedom of rights," he said.

source: Confederate flags fly high at the Coke Zero 400

Just in case you're wondering if a Good'ol Southern Boy gives a **** if you like the Battle Flag or not.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
The word marriage has changed it's meaning, just as so many other things in our history have changed.

MARRIAGE :
any close or intimate association or union:
the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
Synonyms: blend, merger, unity, oneness; alliance, confederation.
Antonyms: separation, division, disunion, schism.

a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.

There is "same sex marriage" and there is" opposite sex marriage " as part of our language and life. To say one doesn't believe in one or the other is like saying one doesn't believe in reality but rather in what one wishes still exists.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Sometime in our distant past, our ancestors had interspecies marriage with at least one other type of hominid. Our DNA records it ... unless you are African.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sometime in our distant past, our ancestors had interspecies marriage with at least one other type of hominid. Our DNA records it ... unless you are African.

I heard a talk about that on C.B.C. radio a couple of years ago about that, but I'm pretty vague about the details, but this would have been a few thousand years ago if not more.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I heard a talk about that on C.B.C. radio a couple of years ago about that, but I'm pretty vague about the details, but this would have been a few thousand years ago if not more.
More like 40,000, which was about the time the last non-human hominid went extinct.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The word marriage has changed it's meaning, just as so many other things in our history have changed.

MARRIAGE :
any close or intimate association or union:
the marriage of words and music in a hit song.
Synonyms: blend, merger, unity, oneness; alliance, confederation.
Antonyms: separation, division, disunion, schism.

a formal agreement between two companies or enterprises to combine operations, resources, etc., for mutual benefit; merger.

There is "same sex marriage" and there is" opposite sex marriage " as part of our language and life. To say one doesn't believe in one or the other is like saying one doesn't believe in reality but rather in what one wishes still exists.

A person tends to regard the meaning of a word with what he/she grew up with, I know with mergers they talk about 'marrying' the two companies but that is a secondary meaning derived from the primary one of a union between a man and a woman. I know times change and we are forced to go along with it. You can't stop progress or you just get eaten up.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I saw a documentary last week that say the Neanderthal didn't go extinct but were absorbed by the humans through inter breeding. Most humans have at least 1 - 3% Neanderthal DNA. I'm sure that wasn't the first time there was inter breeding amoung humanoid species.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I saw a documentary last week that say the Neanderthal didn't go extinct but were absorbed by the humans through inter breeding. Most humans have at least 1 - 3% Neanderthal DNA. I'm sure that wasn't the first time there was inter breeding amoung humanoid species.
There are no Neanderthals. Ergo, they're extinct.