Thunderbirds Are Go | Trailer

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Thunderbirds Are Go | Trailer - YouTube

We've had teasers for a while, but the first trailer for Thunderbirds Are Go!, ITV's remake of the classic British puppet series Thunderbirds is here — and it's packed with beautiful practical models, slightly creepy CG people, and plenty of nods and winks to the classic works of Gerry Anderson. Check it out!

The new show's combination of CG characters and ships with beautiful physical sets crafted by WETA Workshop blends really well. And although they can never be quite so chilling as their puppet originals, the human characters of the show still look really quite creepy. But still, look at all that Thunderbirds action! Explosions! Space! People falling out of the sky! Lady Penelope's bright pink flying Rolls Royce! Lovely stuff.

As much as it is about the newness of the series, the trailer itself is packed with some wonderful nostalgia for fans of the original show. As someone who grew up watching Thunderbirds re-runs like there was no tomorrow, hearing the original narrator from the original intro count down the five Thunderbirds was pretty great.

Thunderbirds Are Go! will air in the UK this spring.

First*Thunderbirds Trailer*Is Filled With Gorgeous Models And CG Mayhem

can't beat that original stuff though.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It looks good. It's just a shame they're using CGI now rather than puppets.

But with the feminist, anti-male Left looking like they may be finally getting their wish after so many years and may be getting rid of the "blokeish" (and we can't be having that!) Top Gear with its shockingly white, middle aged, male presenters - and thus ruining it for 6 million viewers in the UK and 350 million viewers around the world globally every WEEK - it's good to see that, at the same time, another classic TV show is returning.

It'll not be long before the Thunderbirds upsets the Left somehow, too, and they'll probably pull that off the air before long.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
they finally made gordon tracy gay.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I ain't even mad. I had one of those completely satisfying, fully successful, first thing in the morning nose blows.

life is good.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I ain't even mad.

Well I didn't mean with you, lol.

I had one of those completely satisfying, fully successful, first thing in the morning nose blows.
Geez I wish I could.:(
On the brighter side though I've actually regained hearing.....in the one ear.

life is good.
This is true. We can always refill the half empty glass eh? And if we refill it with vodka, life can be very, very good indeed. ;)

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
they finally made gordon tracy gay.

Wouldn't surprise me. I also wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot scenes in which the male Thunderbirds are often hugging and snogging each other, too.

I also suspect it'll be very PC, with lots of subliminal messages telling us to be gay friendly whilst we combat climate change. Sign of the times, I'm afraid.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Well yes, but you watched that.

I think they should 'cgi' the strings in as if they were marionettes.

aye, as I watched this little trailer but I ain't giving the series a minute of my greasy time. :lol:

and yes, you hafta have those jiggly wavy supermarionation arms, strings and all.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It looks good. It's just a shame they're using CGI now rather than puppets.

But with the feminist, anti-male Left looking like they may be finally getting their wish after so many years and may be getting rid of the "blokeish" (and we can't be having that!) Top Gear with its shockingly white, middle aged, male presenters - and thus ruining it for 6 million viewers in the UK and 350 million viewers around the world globally every WEEK - it's good to see that, at the same time, another classic TV show is returning.

It'll not be long before the Thunderbirds upsets the Left somehow, too, and they'll probably pull that off the air before long.

I just saw this thread and I said to the cat, Locutus has finally posted quality stuff. I was completely deflated to see the miserable cartoonish attempt at a redo of a modern masterpiece of puppet theatre. The entire production crew should be hung. Gone was the jerky wooden magic and the rolling plastic eyes. The art is impossible without that. Fu ck the vermin money sucking bastards. They just dumped a load on real history.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I said that this new Thunderbirds will not be as good as the original, and will be ruined by rampant political correctness.

And I was right (it was inevitable that it would be). The first episode was shown last night on ITV1 and in it Brains speaks with an Indian accent (an Indian Indian, not a North American Indian) even though he didn't speak like that in the original. He sounds just like those Pakis who run corner shops near where I live. Political correctness once again ruins something which was once great. Brains is a Paki!

The plot in yesterday's hour-long opening episode was a load of fun - A powerful seaquake turns a busy day for International Rescue into a perilous one. Lady Penelope helps Thunderbirds find who put seismic destabilisers on the sea bed - but it was just ruined with its silly, needless political correctness, with Brains sounding like (for some unknown reason) Dipak from Delhi.

There was also too much CGI. There were instances when the Thunderbirds' craft, conducting a rescue at sea, were actual models over some real water, but all the characters were CGI rather than string puppets.. Again, why that is remains a mystery.

Thunderbirds Are Go! Was the reboot well-received? Twitter reacts - TV News - Digital Spy