Trucks targeted on Alberta highway by drive-by shooter

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I didn't read it

lol

I was just translating for His Liberalness (fussyface)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
In a case like this a slingshot could be defined as a dangerous weapon. (I hope)

that firearm better be registered or he's in a whole heapa trouble, mister
??? Do you research after you post or are we expected to do that for you?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The pump ones would pass that by doing several pumps would it not? There wasn't one kid in our neighborhood who didn't have bb's and a plastic straw and they would sting like a bitch is it hit you at close range and still pretty accurate over longer distances.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No a pump one would not. They are garbage in comparison to the real air rifles. The 1500fps models will embed a pellet in your flesh, not just bounce off and sting.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
No a pump one would not. They are garbage in comparison to the real air rifles. The 1500fps models will embed a pellet in your flesh, not just bounce off and sting.

Standard velocity of a standard .22 long rifle bullet is about 12-1400 fps, i have killed many Deer and a few Moose with them, some are faster but most have been in that neighborhood over the years. It could have been either a .177 or a .22 caliber pellet gun. Even a slow one will penetrate your carcass significantly. They are not to be mistaken for Red Rider BB guns.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
pellet gun, are there even many rules foe them, aside from not shooting at people/property ?

In Canada, over a certain ft./sec. (approx 500ft/sec) a pellet gun is treated like a bonafide firearm, and you need a permit. Not with low
power pellet guns.

Rats down at the "old dump"........oy , such a smell !

We spent many a happy day killin rats with a .177 pellet gun at said spot, when we were kids.

Sharpenin our shootin eye fer polar bears, lions, and the like :)roll:)

Instead of kicking us out, the "dump guy" used to ask us how many we got.

Of rats he was not fond.

We just did it cause we were tribalistic, gun loving, sociopaths........

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Ah yes the good old days where a trip to the dump saw you come back with more things than you dropped off. Those were the days.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
In a case like this a slingshot could be defined as a dangerous weapon. (I hope)

??? Do you research after you post or are we expected to do that for you?
nah, it's ok. you can do it.