Justin Trudeau draws a blank

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That's why he is where he is and you are posting as an anomalous internet troll. I'm going to go with him having a lot more on the ball than you.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
The mad and disillusioned can vote for whomever they please. Replace the government if it grabs you.

Fact is Stephen Harper has GOBS of national and international experience and because the global economy is dry-farting and blowing dust on Canada it's best to go with a seasoned man or woman, someone with brains, savvy.

Sure there are local haters that wish the worse for Canada and will try to blame the Conservatives and that's their right...to flail away, to be mad, to feel scorned. That they indicate shiny pony is the alternative shows more about their lack of mental health than anything else.

The tussled-haired lithping class president is not a statesman, knows little of our state and is barely a man. Even Mulcair stands heads and shoulders above this embarrassing twerp.
Oh my Gawd......No need to try to blame the Conservatives for the downturn in the economy......It is all right there in our faces. To go from a surplus when they took power to a huge deficit now certainly says it all.

What you are trying to say in the rest of your post about local haters, is a bit incomprehensible, but Mulcair or anyone other than Harper even with less worldwide experience and more in the area of economics and looking after the people who put him office is a better choice. You know those who pay his salary. It is Canada that needs paying attention to, first and foremost, not out trying to impress the rest of the world.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh my Gawd......No need to try to blame the Conservatives for the downturn in the economy......It is all right there in our faces. To go from a surplus when they took power to a huge deficit now certainly says it all.

Did they not "take power" BEFORE the recession of '08-'09?

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
You do realize what Harpers education background is, right?

Born and raised in Toronto, Harper was the first of three sons of Margaret (née Johnston) and Joseph Harris Harper, an accountant at Imperial Oil.[4] He attended Northlea Public School and, later, John G. Althouse Middle School and Richview Collegiate Institute, both in Central Etobicoke. He graduated in 1978, and was a member of Richview Collegiate's team on Reach for the Top, a television quiz show for Canadian high school students.[5] Harper enrolled at the University of Toronto but dropped out after two months.[6] He then moved to Edmonton, Alberta, where he found work in the mail room at Imperial Oil.[6] Later, he advanced to work on the company's computer systems. He took up post-secondary studies again at the University of Calgary, where he completed a bachelor's degree in economics. He later returned there to earn a master's degree in economics, completed in 1993. Harper has kept strong links to the University of Calgary, where he often lectured. Harper is the first prime minister since Joe Clark without a law degree.

Justin Trudeau

Trudeau has a Bachelor of Arts degree in literature from McGill University and a Bachelor of Education degree from the University of British Columbia. After graduation, he worked as a French and math teacher at West Point Grey Academy and Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School in Vancouver, British Columbia.[12][13] From 2002 to 2004, he studied engineering at the Université de Montréal.[14] He also started a Master of Arts degree in Environmental Geography at McGill University before suspending his program to seek public office.[15]

Note, he STARTED, and then dropped out of a master of arts degree.

Thomas Muclair

Mulcair graduated from McGill University in 1977 with degrees in common law and civil law. During his penultimate year, he was elected president of the McGill Law Students Association, and sat on the council of the McGill Student Union.

So, tell me, who is better suited to know what to do in an economic downturn?
Well Harper has proven he is unable to look after the country's economics. Frankly, one can have all the education available but if he cannot or does not put it use in governing a country, he does not belong in office and I do not intend to vote for him. Do as you wish but I have learned you get rid of deadwood if they cannot get it right. Otherwise bankruptcy is the result. If a banking institution or insurance company was as badly handled economically as this government has handled the country's they would not have lasted long.

My opinion as a taxpayer.

Did they not "take power" BEFORE the recession of '08-'09?
No Right....The Liberals brought Canada through the recession with no problem. We are going into one now. The Liberals left the Conservatives with a surplus in the coffer. Now that many countries are recovering, Harper has driven Canada down the road to a huge deficit.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My opinion as a taxpayer.

No Right....The Liberals brought Canada through the recession with no problem. We are going into one now. The Liberals left the Conservatives with a surplus in the coffer. Now that many countries are recovering, Harper has driven Canada down the road to a huge deficit.

I think your opinion as a taxpayer has been outnumbered by other taxpayers.:) Which recession did the Liberals bring us through? Mulroney was at the helm in '87 and Steve was at the helm in '08-'09. Maybe you should read a little Canadian history there, Sweetie Pie. :)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Maybe you should read a little Canadian history there, Sweetie Pie. :)

There was a nine month recession after 9/11. Perhaps you shouldn't try and belittle others knowledge of history when yours is so ridiculously inadequate. It's a good thing for you that you're not quite sharp enough to understand how silly you look

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
I think your opinion as a taxpayer has been outnumbered by other taxpayers.:) Which recession did the Liberals bring us through? Mulroney was at the helm in '87 and Steve was at the helm in '08-'09. Maybe you should read a little Canadian history there, Sweetie Pie. :)
Now I realize tweetums, for you Liberals such as Paul Martin, are overlooked because they quietly and efficiently ran this country. He served from 2003 to 2006 and left this country not only solvent but on good terms with the world.

Harper took over in 2006 and we are now sinking into recession and we have enemies threatening terrorist acts. Who needs to do a check-up on their history. My gawd, 2003 to 2006 was not that long ago in politics.

So, even though the Liberals were not in power, they brought us well through this last recession through good financial management. In my opinion, which is based on fact, rather than wishful thinking, treating backward countries with help in things like education, food and medicines does more than hunting down the truly ignorant who have no resources except terrorism.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There was a nine month recession after 9/11. Perhaps you shouldn't try and belittle others knowledge of history when yours is so ridiculously inadequate. It's a good thing for you that you're not quite sharp enough to understand how silly you look

W.T.F. do you expect? Of course I'm going to "look silly" to someone who lacks a functioning brain!:)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
W.T.F. do you expect? Of course I'm going to "look silly" to someone who lacks a functioning brain!:)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Now I realize tweetums, for you Liberals such as Paul Martin, are overlooked because they quietly and efficiently ran this country. He served from 2003 to 2006 and left this country not only solvent but on good terms with the world.

Harper took over in 2006 and we are now sinking into recession and we have enemies threatening terrorist acts. Who needs to do a check-up on their history. My gawd, 2003 to 2006 was not that long ago in politics.

Yeah, Paul Martin did look good after emerging from one of the biggest political scandals in a century and he had us hood winked into believing he had the financial situation back on track UNTIL, it finally became clear that what he actually did was download the debt on to the provinces. If you want to know the real picture check how Canada's financial situation compares with the rest of the G8. (It may not be quite as good as a year ago as the U.S. may have pulled into 1st spot)

You really are a twit, aren't you? There was no recession Canada in 2001-2002!

Early 2000s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Yeah, Paul Martin did look good after emerging from one of the biggest political scandals in a century and he had us hood winked into believing he had the financial situation back on track UNTIL, it finally became clear that what he actually did was download the debt on to the provinces. If you want to know the real picture check how Canada's financial situation compares with the rest of the G8. (It may not be quite as good as a year ago as the U.S. may have pulled into 1st spot)

You really are a twit, aren't you? There was no recession Canada in 2001-2002!

Early 2000s recession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She just mad because the value of Canadian dollar is so low while in Florida, especially if she didn't buy enough American funds "before" going down there and is now paying with credit or debit card....:lol:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
W.T.F. do you expect? Of course I'm going to "look silly"...

Yes, of course you are. Nothing is quite so silly as somebody that knows nothing, berating others for knowing nothing. You are entertaining if nothing else.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
JLM is always mad. Perhaps if he made better decisions when he was younger...

Nice deflection, but I was talking about you Cannuck, quit being silly.

So you enjoying this warm weather in Alberta?? I was saying before, if this is Global Warming, I like it..

Out on the bike and took a drive up into the Crown Lands back country, just posted the pics. Awesome weekend.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes, of course you are. Nothing is quite so silly as somebody that knows nothing, berating others for knowing nothing. You are entertaining if nothing else.

You're making headway...................at least you admit you don't know anything!:)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Nice deflection, but I was talking about you Cannuck...

No you weren't. I don't get angry over web forums. I'll leave that silliness to grumpy old men like JLM.

So you enjoying this warm weather in Alberta?? ....

No. All the snow is gone from the greens on the golf course. That's going to cost us big time if the weather turns cold before we get some snow.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
She just mad because the value of Canadian dollar is so low while in Florida, especially if she didn't buy enough American funds "before" going down there and is now paying with credit or debit card....:lol:
Wrong, I at least know how to handle money. Got the money high and enough to go nowhere near the Canadian credit or debit cards. Besides, how do you know I am not a rich b@tch.....I am you know ROTFL.